By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:
Runa216 said:

I saw! Really happy to see God of War, Horizon, and Stray on there. I still think Elden Ring is going to win but I'd be happy with literally any of these choices. They're all so damn good in their own way! 

My ranking: Elden Ring > Ragnarok > Forbidden West > Stray > A Plague Tale Requiem > Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Not a bad nominee list. Though it goes to show how slow it has been this year for quality games. And I'm surprised Bayonetta 3 didn't make it on there. I guess its one of those niche games with a smaller audience in terms of popularity.

For me, granted I've only played and completed ER and Ragnarok. That's how I would rank them as well. Elden Ring was just amazing from start to finish. My game of the generation, thus far.

Elden Ring is so good that I've already beaten it *Counts*...once on my quality build with save scumming, one on my Arcane build with save scumming (To get all the trophies on PS4 and PS5), then three more times coop on my samurai sorcered (One through for myself and one for each of my partners)...Five times from beginning to end, 400+ hours....and I'm not even CLOSE to bored of it. Not only am I not bored of it, but I've had to actively resist just playing it again with new builds so I can play other stuff like Stray and TMNT: Shredder's Revenge. 

I've already put so much time and effort into it, yet I want to keep playing. And I keep watching videos of it online, and talking about it with friends, and trying to get people into it so I can 'allow' myself to play it again. 

Hint for anyone doing the 13th annual greatest games thing, Elden Ring is in my top 10 of all time and that's BEFORE nostalgia kicked in. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Also, as an aside, THIS sort of thing is why I'm always such a supporter of Sony. They make good games. Period. There's a lot of crap going around about how all their games are the same and how they're no variety between them, but anyone who isn't actively trying to downplay their success will see that those arguments are terrible.

three of the six GOTY nominations were made by or exclusive to Sony hardware (And PC). They miss sometimes, but they're putting out quality, quantity, and variety year after year. Nintendo is, too, but this is a PS thread. I like both Sony and Nintendo equally, but I do find I spend a bit more time on my PS consoles because Nintendo has a smaller number of great games whereas Sony has a wider variety of games.

Either way, another reminder that people like Sony because they're actually good, not that they decide to like PS and thus twist things to justify it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Also, as an aside, THIS sort of thing is why I'm always such a supporter of Sony. They make good games. Period. There's a lot of crap going around about how all their games are the same and how they're no variety between them, but anyone who isn't actively trying to downplay their success will see that those arguments are terrible.

three of the six GOTY nominations were made by or exclusive to Sony hardware (And PC). They miss sometimes, but they're putting out quality, quantity, and variety year after year. Nintendo is, too, but this is a PS thread. I like both Sony and Nintendo equally, but I do find I spend a bit more time on my PS consoles because Nintendo has a smaller number of great games whereas Sony has a wider variety of games.

Either way, another reminder that people like Sony because they're actually good, not that they decide to like PS and thus twist things to justify it.

Sony games are all the same. Nintendo games are just for kids. MS games are just shooters.

Every company gets this shit. Its usually what people see looking in and not actually experiencing the games.

Anyway Im really enjoying GOW Ragnarok. Great game. Elden Ring is my GOTY though.

Runa216 said:

True. A big reason why PS as popular as it is today is because consistantly make good, quality stuff and people want to play them. Sadly, there are those who like to downplay them because its not on their system of choice. And follow other peoples opinions. Granted their games are not without their flaws, its hard to argue that they don't make a lot of good games and of different types. I just tend to try ignore trolls and talk about games online lol.

But yeah, we got so many games from Sony this year from GT7 to Horizon and GoW Ragnarok. Plus,the third party stuff they have going in. Hopefully next year will bring more goodies in the space of Spider-man 2, FFXVI, Silent Hill 2 amongst many others.

IcaroRibeiro said:

I'm at 65% at Horizon and I'm guessing to be at maybe 75-80% of story mode. I'm progressing slowly, my masters is consuming almost all my free time

Finally reached the art gallery scene. I loved the very touchy and sensitive remarks about other human crafts such as painting and sculpture, it's not that common to see developers recognizing the importance of classical arts

Overall the game is fantastic, but I'm pretty annoyed I'm stuck at level 50 now. I want to get stronger go Berserk and destroy everything in front of me, what's the point of getting experience if I can't reach level 100? I'm taking quite a time to loot machine parts to upgrade my weapons and gear, the nice plus is the myriad of quests and the massive amount of machines in the map is rarely requiring me to hunt any Machine, I find most of the parts I need just casually fighting them

They may do like the first one that the experience still sum without you seeing and on the DLC you will unlock 10 or more extra levels.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I hope other PlayStation studios take notes from Guerrilla and Santa Monica on building engaging and refreshing side content.

PotentHerbs said:

I hope other PlayStation studios take notes from Guerrilla and Santa Monica on building engaging and refreshing side content.

I guess they have as Insomniac on SSM and R&C have great sidequests and Sucker Punch with Ghost of Tsushima as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm excited for the Black Friday sale on the PlayStation Store tomorrow lol. I haven't spent much on video games since the launch of the current generation consoles, but now that I finally have one, I'm ready to splurge!

Bought a few games in the sale:

Death Stranding

Ghost of Tsushima

Returnal 

$30 for Returnal and $20 for GoT was hard to pass up.

the-pi-guy said:

Bought a few games in the sale:

Death Stranding

Ghost of Tsushima

Returnal 

$30 for Returnal and $20 for GoT was hard to pass up.

I want Ratchet and Clank rift apart but don't have a PS5 yet. Hoping For the Twisted Metal game to be real because Twisted Metal is my Favorite combat vehicle game ever I should try Ghost of Tsushima sometime n my PSN profile ps4 segasaturnsan I play ratchet and clank 2016 too much though we need a new The Get away I loved that game on PS2 It's in england the setting? I couldnt beat the game since I always play hard mode all my games.