By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | PS5 is here! | Reviews are now live

 

Best PS5 feature:

PS5 UI 2 2.70%
 
Customisable Console 0 0%
 
Super Fast SSD 30 40.54%
 
Dualsense 21 28.38%
 
3D Audio 0 0%
 
Launch Lineup 7 9.46%
 
Full PS4 BC 8 10.81%
 
Free PS5 Upgrades 2 2.70%
 
Performance (e.g. 60FPS) 3 4.05%
 
Other 1 1.35%
 
Total:74
Runa216 said:

DonFerrari said:

This looks like those fake "how to fight SheiLong" in SF II. How laborous to get it.

Sounds fake, I agree, but it's real! 

I believe in you, but it is really cumbersome.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

"The Last of Us 2" has the most nominations at Game Awards 2020. Ghost of Tsushima and Final Fantasy 7 Remake are also well represented.

You can vote here: https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Sony Interactive Entertainment tops the lists with a total of 22 nominations, the top representative of the company is The Last of Us Part II with ten nominations. The impressive Demon Souls and the new Spiderman could no longer be nominated because of the release time.

News: PS4-Spiderman has sold over 20m units. And God of War for PS4 nearing 20M sold, the franchise cross 50M :)

edit: How can I change my profile-picture on VGChartz? I can't find anything - since the last update. Or my English is not good enough to understand the words. I see my Ghost of Tsushima-Picture, but no possibility of change.

To change your avatar:

1. Click on the arrow below your avatar into the top right corner of the site, then click on Settings.

2. There click on the green square button with three lines (under the VG$ Store button for refference) so a list will open, then click on Avatar Settings.

3. Change it to whatever you like, prefferably a The Legend of Dragoon themed avatar, strongly recommend it.



Might be good to avoid launch models yet again. One would think Sony would have tested temperatures and cooling more. Just see one article about it so not sure if real or could be potential issue in future or upcoming summer months in hot climates.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-GDDR6-memory-reaches-potentially-critical-temperatures-due-to-seemingly-inadequate-PS5-cooling-solution-design.505790.0.html



sethnintendo said:

Might be good to avoid launch models yet again. One would think Sony would have tested temperatures and cooling more. Just see one article about it so not sure if real or could be potential issue in future or upcoming summer months in hot climates.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-GDDR6-memory-reaches-potentially-critical-temperatures-due-to-seemingly-inadequate-PS5-cooling-solution-design.505790.0.html

Not really a concern as no units have failed due to this. Besides Gamers Nexus's methodology of reapplying TIM and adding probes to a cured compound could have affected temps. Lets not spread FUD based on one test. If you watch he video Sony could update the firmware to increase fan speed if more cooling is required.

Also, new PS5 firmware released today. I updated mine this morning. More stability :P

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/second_ps5_firmware_update_is_available_to_download_now

Last edited by hinch - 5 days ago

sethnintendo said:

Might be good to avoid launch models yet again. One would think Sony would have tested temperatures and cooling more. Just see one article about it so not sure if real or could be potential issue in future or upcoming summer months in hot climates.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-GDDR6-memory-reaches-potentially-critical-temperatures-due-to-seemingly-inadequate-PS5-cooling-solution-design.505790.0.html

One would think you have source of Sony not testing enough. Also one would think you read the article and that the component didn't reach maximum design temperature. Much more when you said Nintendo fanbase don't partake in console war.

Last edited by DonFerrari - 4 days ago

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

We have some probable PSVR2 patents filed yesterday. Haptic feedback. Smaller profile, led sensors for fit/ajustments.

From LetsgoDigital (NL) translated to english -
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnl.letsgodigital.org%2Fvirtual-reality-vr%2Fplaystation-5-psvr2%2F



I hope Sony launches some faceplates soon. I'm really hoping for some PS1 special ones like they released the PS1 DS4 and PS1 PS4. I have yet to use my PS1 DS4 tho.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I hope Sony launches some faceplates soon. I'm really hoping for some PS1 special ones like they released the PS1 DS4 and PS1 PS4. I have yet to use my PS1 DS4 tho.

For your nostalgy that is certainly good



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

hinch said:

We have some probable PSVR2 patents filed yesterday. Haptic feedback. Smaller profile, led sensors for fit/ajustments.

From LetsgoDigital (NL) translated to english -
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnl.letsgodigital.org%2Fvirtual-reality-vr%2Fplaystation-5-psvr2%2F

Niiiice. I want it much sooner than it's likely to be released though.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Leynos said:

I hope Sony launches some faceplates soon. I'm really hoping for some PS1 special ones like they released the PS1 DS4 and PS1 PS4. I have yet to use my PS1 DS4 tho.

Good taste! I have my 20th anniversary DS4 and adore it. Hoping they'll also release a special edition PS1 grey side panel as well for us early adopters/standard PS5 owners.

COKTOE said:
hinch said:

We have some probable PSVR2 patents filed yesterday. Haptic feedback. Smaller profile, led sensors for fit/ajustments.

From LetsgoDigital (NL) translated to english -
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnl.letsgodigital.org%2Fvirtual-reality-vr%2Fplaystation-5-psvr2%2F

Niiiice. I want it much sooner than it's likely to be released though.

Yeah, same. Sounds like it will be a while away. Imo this looks like a big upgrade in terms of size. Haptic feedback is interesting too. I can imagine them using similar haptic feedback in the DualSense in new motion controllers too.