By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Christopher Dring on Twitter today

“A lot of PS5s came in stock this week in the UK (for all of 5 minutes), which is why Spider-Man: Miles Morales jumped 359% in boxed sales and is at No.3 in the charts. Spider-Man seems to be the game of choice for new PS5 owners (understandably, because it’s brilliant)”

“Mass Effect collection is the no.1 boxed game this week in the Uk. Quite a small physical launch, only managing half of what Resident Evil: Village did. I suspect it did well as a download. 68% of sales on PS4”

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

I'm one of those PS5 and Spiderman sales, yay!

I am so very happy to see you got one! Lemme know what you think when you get to it! and remember, no external HArd Drives that aren't plugged into the wall. Mine kept glitching and giving me a hard time and crashing the system. Ever since I got one of the higher-quality ones (that need to be plugged into the Ps5 AND to the wall for a power source, as opposed to the ones that just plug into the system and get their power from that), I haven't had any problems. And seriously, given the lack of expandable onboard hard drive space (as of now) and the fact that even like 10-12 games is enough to fill up the paltry 660 gigs...well, an external drive is absolutely necessary! 

If not necessary, absolutely helpful. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Bristow9091 said:

Hard drive space won't be much of a problem for me to begin with anyway, I generally only have half a dozen games installed at once, maybe ten at an absolute maximum lol. That being said, obviously file sizes will get bigger, despite the crazy compression I've seen used for some PS5 games, there's obviously developers that will completely ignore it... meh oh well, lol. I got an email saying it arrived at the warehouse yesterday evening, meaning if I'm lucky I might even get it as early as tomorrow!

Yeah, I hear Call of Duty is like 200 gb on its own, which is absolutely ludicrous (I swear most of it is redundant data there just to make COD the only game on someone's console). 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

twintail said:

Random musings:

Days Gone would've been better off as a Resistance title. Everything about the game could've remained the same with 2 minors changes being
1) the origin of the virus being aligned to experiments on old Chimeran bodies (from the previous original trilogy), and 2) the very late game inclusion of the stock Chimeria (essentially scouting before a new impending invasion).

Would also make it more unique. 

Anyone playing RE8 on PS5? I finished 7 on PC for the first time over the weekend (good stuff) and am playing the Maiden demo on PS5 right now. I can't believe the input lag. I really don't remember any console game feeling this bad to control in a long time. Is it just me? Does the main game handle any better?

EDIT: I think it might be my screen, actually. For some reason it suddenly started lagging across multiple input devices (starting with my PS5). A restart has hopefully fixed it. Pretty demo, though.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 17 May 2021

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Finished all the endings of Nier a week ago and been playing DMC4SE on PS4. Finished the game with Nero/Dante and now playing as Vergil. He breaks the game and I love it! I only played vanilla DMC4 before this years ago on 360. Might revisit DMC5 and Oneechanbara Origin which is surprisingly decent. Just prepping next month for Scarlet Nexus on the NG collection.

DMC5 is one of my favorite games of the 8th gen. It's overall an amazing game. Going to revisit it soon hopefully. 

TallSilhouette said:

Anyone playing RE8 on PS5? I finished 7 on PC for the first time over the weekend (good stuff) and am playing the Maiden demo on PS5 right now. I can't believe the input lag. I really don't remember any console game feeling this bad to control in a long time. Is it just me? Does the main game handle any better?

EDIT: I think it might be my screen, actually. For some reason it suddenly started lagging across multiple input devices (starting with my PS5). A restart has hopefully fixed it. Pretty demo, though.

My sister jsut played through the entire game and said the controls were absolutely perfect. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

VersusEvil said:

Well, bought my first physical game/s in years, got Miles Morales and Demon Souls for £24 & £41 which kinda sucks as I wanted to continue being only digital this gen but at £50 & £70 digitally.. It is what it is.

And both games will be on sale starting next week as the Days of Play Sale.

Edit: Already saw the UK prices For this sale so NVM. 

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 18 May 2021

Bristow9091 said:

I`ll report you for the post with image only =p (no it isn`t due to being jealous)...

Adorable figures on the left side =]

Congrats on the purchase and have a blast enjoying it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Matching white PS4. nice. That's a decent looking set up! Also like the figures/plushie collection on the side