By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:

Would cost them a bunch in R&D and engineering on top of internal testings for an unsubstantial node shift, don't see it happening tbh. A new, more efficient revision is way more likely like we've seen in previous PS console releases. Think Mariko revision of the Nintendo Switch.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance trailer released for all current consoles (PS4, PS5, XSX and Switch)

Quite excited for this re-release!

I would guess that to use the 6nm they would already put significant R&D.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'm a little surprised the poll is tied, for me Housemarque is the clear choice (though Sony should buy both)

ice said:

I'm a little surprised the poll is tied, for me Housemarque is the clear choice (though Sony should buy both)

I think both are equally valuable, but I wish to see more original content and new IP than remakes. There's plenty of room in the industry for both, and I am happy to support both, but I think the better way to move the industry forward is with new IP and games. That said, I think remasters and remakes tend to be lower risk, so it's more steady income for the parent company! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

twintail said:
Runa216 said:

I think both are equally valuable, but I wish to see more original content and new IP than remakes. There's plenty of room in the industry for both, and I am happy to support both, but I think the better way to move the industry forward is with new IP and games. That said, I think remasters and remakes tend to be lower risk, so it's more steady income for the parent company! 

If Sony aren't going to bring older libraries to PS4/ PS5, then I think a division like BP is a good idea. Work on bringing some older stuff forward, like Ghosthunter!!!!

And this is going to be controversial, but I feel this is what Studio Japan should have been changed to (as opposed to what did happen to them).

But I agree on the new IP part. New stuff is always great'

Idm if BP are bought out or stayed independent so long as the games keep on coming. They've proven to be a great support developer and have made some really high quality remasters and remakes. Though. I'd really want to see what kind of game they could do on their own. If they had access to Decima of Naughtydog engine and made a new game off that, that would be certainly something to watch out for!

As for Studio Japan, its sad what happened to them but they really haven't delivered many successful games the last generation. Their output has declined in both quality and quantity and they don't really have the technical prowess of the other big studios. I think from a heritage POV they maybe should have kept them but if the studio is struggling on a technical level and aren't giving results well, they kind of have to go.

It’s about time Sony buys Housemarque and Bluepoint. The first one delivered with Returnal (even with some people complaining about the difficult) and they can bring a Ton or remasters/remakes from the Ps1 and PS2 generation.

And the price would be relatively cheap, just look at Insomniac, that’s well money spent.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

It’s about time Sony buys Housemarque and Bluepoint. The first one delivered with Returnal (even with some people complaining about the difficult) and they can bring a Ton or remasters/remakes from the Ps1 and PS2 generation.

And the price would be relatively cheap, just look at Insomniac, that’s well money spent.

Insomniac is the best buy they ever done these years

Judgment sequel leaked yesterday for anyone interested in the series. "Lost Judgement" for PS4/PS5 comes out September 21st in Japan.

https://sirusgaming.com/2021/05/07/lost-judgment-next-sequel-leaked-psn-japan/

Last edited by Blood_Tears - on 07 May 2021

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Final Trailer | PS5

Runa216 said:
ice said:

Well, even remakes and remasters may push the industry forward by bringing some forgotten or loved old IPs back and with this getting a sequel. And when the remake is from something like 2 or more gens apart there are plenty of changes that the game basically looks and plays like a new game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Runa216 said:
ice said:

100% agree but if I had to choose one as the poll wanted it's Housemarque for the reasons you listed. For remakes and such, I think Bluepoint would be easy to remain as a close 2nd party, not to say they are any less valuable.