By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Ryotsu said:
I have voted for the dualsense but I also love the speed of its ssd, its exclusive games, that its games go to 4k 60fps ... etc.
It's not just one thing that makes PS5 great, it's many things

I agree, i wanted to vote for both but When push came to shove I went with the dualsense.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

BTW, no news about GT7, right?
I remember back in 2013 Sony said GT7 (which was actually Sport) could come as soon as 2014 but we all know that turned out xP
I really hope PD can get a better hang of development time this gen.

No GT7 news. Polyphony Digital is saying that it's "coming soon" but yeah knowing PD that doesn't tell us anything.

The people at Push Square think it's an early 2021 release (link).

At least, it seems like Sony's trying to meet demand.

That's fast. Blistering fast.

Waiting for a PSBlog/Twitter post on something new today, come on guys!

Around the Network

New features of Fornite (PS5) from IGN, some interesting tidbits -

Loading performance has been upgraded across all next-gen consoles thanks to their SSDs, both in terms of texture load times and the speed at which players can get into a match.

For PS5, Fortnite supports the DualSense controller's haptic feedback features, with vibration and trigger feedback. There’s also support for the PS5's home screen Activities, which allows you to go straight to the Battle Royale lobby of your choice - Solo, Duos, or Squads - instead of going via the game’s main menu.

So in PS5 version of Fornite, cards can take you straight to game modes and online lobbies. I was talking this when they revealed the UI and cards. That's crazy useful for online MP games.

Last edited by hinch - on 02 November 2020

So basically cards gonna kill ingame menus (if supported). Makes sense since the SSD can take you right at the action.

Yeah less time wading through menu's I guess. I'd love it if developers implemented a 'continue game' one where you instantly pick up from a last save.

That would be a total gamechanger.

hinch said: 
So in PS5 version of Fornite, cards can take you straight to game modes and online lobbies. I was talking this when they revealed the UI and cards. That's crazy useful for online MP games.

I remember you talking about this potential after the reveal. Moving the in-game menu to Control Center is such a handy feature.
If for instance you wanna play a specific mp mode you just go directly to match making.

Replicant said:
BraLoD said:

BTW, no news about GT7, right?
I remember back in 2013 Sony said GT7 (which was actually Sport) could come as soon as 2014 but we all know that turned out xP
I really hope PD can get a better hang of development time this gen.

No GT7 news. Polyphony Digital is saying that it's "coming soon" but yeah knowing PD that doesn't tell us anything.

The people at Push Square think it's an early 2021 release (link).

More signs pointing towards GT7 launch in first half of 2021 (link).