By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | November Plus Games Announced

New nation thread? Cool.

Around the Network

So me and @Aura7541 are thinking about streamlining the "Upcoming Games" posts and would like some input from you guys;

The idea is to remove the trailers themselves, but have the title of a game be a link to the trailer, that way it should load faster for everyone, and you won't be scrolling forever to actually get to the comments (I was on mobile yesterday and it was quite a bit of scrolling needed, lol)

How would you feel about that? Or if you have any other ideas, we'd love to hear those too!

Bristow9091 said:

So me and @Aura7541 are thinking about streamlining the "Upcoming Games" posts and would like some input from you guys;

The idea is to remove the trailers themselves, but have the title of a game be a link to the trailer, that way it should load faster for everyone, and you won't be scrolling forever to actually get to the comments (I was on mobile yesterday and it was quite a bit of scrolling needed, lol)

How would you feel about that? Or if you have any other ideas, we'd love to hear those too!

I have no problems with how it is currently, but that sounds reasonable. Won't look as flashy though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Bristow9091 said:

I have no problems with how it is currently, but that sounds reasonable. Won't look as flashy though.

Yeah, that was actually a worry, although thankfully a solution has been found which @Aura7541 is going to explain in his next post.

Also this is my 7777th post, just sayin', lucky! :o 

COKTOE said:

Bris and I decided to keep the current format. However, you may notice that it takes less scrolling to navigate the first page.

The forum, by default, sets the dimensions to 425x350. However, that's a 4:3 ratio, so the trailers end up not using all of that height, which wastes space. We changed each one to 480x270, which saved 1920px in height.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Is next GOTY Edition ?

For the next thread, I vote for Playstation Nation 2: Super TURBO Championship Edition.  

Bristow9091 said:

Sounds good to me.  

VAMatt said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Is next GOTY Edition ?

For the next thread, I vote for Playstation Nation 2: Super TURBO Championship Edition.  

I did actually consider a Street Fighter joke with the title lol, but fuck that, too much of a mouthful!

VAMatt said:
Bristow9091 said:

Sounds good to me.  

For now we've come up with something we're happy with, basically shaving 80px of height from the videos as we embed them, since they always embed in a 4:3 ratio despite being 16:9, which is odd... it definitely cuts down the scrolling needed so that's a big plus, however, it still doesn't solve any loading problems, the page will still load as slow as normal. We'll keep it as is for now, but we've already got a few other ideas we could potentially use, such as the original proposed, which admittedly doesn't look as flashy, but meh. 

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 11 July 2018

PlayStation Nation: Cross-posting enabled.

gooch_destroyer said:
PlayStation Nation: Cross-posting enabled.

... Are you seeing those XBOX guys behind our backs? :(