By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | November Plus Games Announced

COKTOE said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So... what games are people playing on their PlayStations these days then?

I'm on Digimon Cyber Sleuth right now, and I'm enjoying it. The basic battle system reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy X. I just wish the story was better, it gets in the way of the game at times as is.

On PS4, I'm playing Ratchet And Clank 2016, with Monster Hunter World as a secondary. I think I'm done with Counterspy. On the Vita, I'm playing a little bit of EDF 2017, and EDF 2, helping others in co-op. I'm in 2 EDF chat groups. Also on Vita, still playing a little Rogue Legacy, and Grand Kingdom too. Hoping to get on the Vita tonight to start Dokuro. Usually don't play so many games at once. Strange days. I've been wanting to play Digimon Cyber Sleuth for quite a while. Still regret passing on the physical copy.

What kind of game is EDF anyway? I've heard it a lot before but don't really know anything about it.

And wow, that really is a lot of the games at once :O



Around the Network

-whoops. hit reply instead of quote.



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

On PS4, I'm playing Ratchet And Clank 2016, with Monster Hunter World as a secondary. I think I'm done with Counterspy. On the Vita, I'm playing a little bit of EDF 2017, and EDF 2, helping others in co-op. I'm in 2 EDF chat groups. Also on Vita, still playing a little Rogue Legacy, and Grand Kingdom too. Hoping to get on the Vita tonight to start Dokuro. Usually don't play so many games at once. Strange days. I've been wanting to play Digimon Cyber Sleuth for quite a while. Still regret passing on the physical copy.

What kind of game is EDF anyway? I've heard it a lot before but don't really know anything about it.

And wow, that really is a lot of the games at once :O

EDF is a 3rd person shooter at it's core. It's evocative of Starship Troopers, in that giant insects are part of the enemy force, but you're also fighting against kaiju, as well mechanized enemies. Lots of set piece missions. 2-4 character classes depending on the game. The player levels up by picking up armor pieces on the battlefield, which increase HP, as well as weapon boxes which grant the player a random weapon from the very large list ( about 200 weapons per class ) of armaments. They are very light on story, and have a B-Movie vibe. EDF 2017, 2025 and 4.1 ( a remake of 2025 ), seem to take place in a different "universe" than, EDF 2 and EDF 5. Single player, or 2-4 player online co-op. All the games have split screen local co-op as well, or in the Vita's case, ad hoc system link. I like it! :)



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Ka-pi96 said:

What kind of game is EDF anyway? I've heard it a lot before but don't really know anything about it.

And wow, that really is a lot of the games at once :O

EDF is a 3rd person shooter at it's core. It's evocative of Starship Troopers, in that giant insects are part of the enemy force, but you're also fighting against kaiju, as well mechanized enemies. Lots of set piece missions. 2-4 character classes depending on the game. The player levels up by picking up armor pieces on the battlefield, which increase HP, as well as weapon boxes which grant the player a random weapon from the very large list ( about 200 weapons per class ) of armaments. They are very light on story, and have a B-Movie vibe. EDF 2017, 2025 and 4.1 ( a remake of 2025 ), seem to take place in a different "universe" than, EDF 2 and EDF 5. Single player, or 2-4 player online co-op. All the games have split screen local co-op as well, or in the Vita's case, ad hoc system link. I like it! :)

Sounds interesting. If I see it in a sale sometime I may have to try it out



Shining Resonance Refrain is out today.



Around the Network
twintail said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So... what games are people playing on their PlayStations these days then?

I'm on Digimon Cyber Sleuth right now, and I'm enjoying it. The basic battle system reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy X. I just wish the story was better, it gets in the way of the game at times as is.

On Horizon atm.

Dont dig the melee combat (coming off GoW) but its serviceable. And platforming seems a step back from UC4. So definitely if there is a sequel I would love these 2 ares to be improved. Better platforming mechanics would actual make traversal in the game a lot of fun. Combat doesnt need to be super involved but it should feel less floaty.

Otherwise the game is cool. Though like most open world games, the open nature of the game doesnt really grab me much. But Arrow combat, the art direction and general theme are good enough that I have no real qualms playing the game. its fun.

the biggest hope i have for the sequel is that they make the open world more interesting. They had a couple of big settlements in the game that looked great, but out in the world there was a lack of things to discover. It didn't really have what games like SKyrim or The Witcher had where you can stumble on a really interesting side mission that takes two hours and is its own separate thing.

that and better human A.I, more customisation in outfits and weapons, some more classic RPG features like building relationships and owning settlements, and more influence on the world, like the groups you get involved with just kind of end as soon as you become their leader.

great game overall though



celador said:

the biggest hope i have for the sequel is that they make the open world more interesting. They had a couple of big settlements in the game that looked great, but out in the world there was a lack of things to discover. It didn't really have what games like SKyrim or The Witcher had where you can stumble on a really interesting side mission that takes two hours and is its own separate thing.

that and better human A.I, more customisation in outfits and weapons, some more classic RPG features like building relationships and owning settlements, and more influence on the world, like the groups you get involved with just kind of end as soon as you become their leader.

great game overall though

My guess is that Guerilla had to make compromises due to the limitations of the hardware. The game is made for the base PS4, first and foremost, and the CPU is a major bottleneck. It's the reason why the scope of The Witcher 3 was scaled back. I expect Horizon 2 to have significantly higher NPC density and more complex behaviors thanks to Ryzen (possibly Zen 2).



Ka-pi96 said:
A new PS thread, and with Bristy as the OP too? :O Go Bristy!

Couldn't have picked a worse mod for the job, right? :P But thanks for the support lol :P

I'm also back at my computer now (I'm generally away from home Mon-Tues, so it's nice to have a co-owner with Aura to help out on these days) so I can resume posting and such, lol.

As for what I'm playing right now... Persona 5. Still.

I'm at like 105 hours, finished the sixth palace, sort of, just need to wait for the deadline to tick down, and until then I've been farming voice lines in mementos for the "Passionate Listener" trophy, although I'm just about ready to give up trying on it because it's taking forever, lol. Not the game, the trophy, that's where the last 5-10 hours of playtime have all been, lol.

I think afterwards I'm gonna' start working on the shorter games of my backlog, maybe hit up Titanfall 2 for a change of pace (JRPG to FPS) or finally get round to playing Uncharted 4, lol. 

By the way, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is a pretty great game, and the story does indeed get better, it just takes a while to actually get going, but the last half of the game is vastly superior to what comes before it, so I'd say stick it out and you'll enjoy the payoff.



News update:

Job Listings Suggest Unannounced PS4 and PC MMORPG, PS4 and Arcade Robot Action Game, PS4 Strategy RPG, and Multiplatform 3D Fighting Action Game - Gematsu

List of unannounced games and possible companies. Click on the link for the full details:

  • New IP! Major Online Game Development (PlayStation 4 / PC), possibly by Bandai Namco
  • Robot IP Action Game Project (PlayStation 4 / Arcade), possibly by Bandai Namco
  • HD Machine Consumer Game Development (PlayStation 4), possibly by Bandai Namco
  • 3D Fighting Action Game (PlayStation 4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC), no possible company mentioned


I wanna say the new 3D fighting game is either a new DBZ game or something else.