By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | November Plus Games Announced

We get it, you have a lot of games. lol

Around the Network

Iki Island time! This was a good bit of dlc; felt like a very natural fourth act/epilogue for the game.

Spoiler:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAzkmaEXMAQUOub?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

This game is so ridiculously photogenic. I don't know when's the next time I'll take so many captures. Hopefully Horizon: Forbidden West.

That's all for a while unless my replay of TLOU2 yields some captures I like. Cheers.

Runa216 said:

got a 2TB NVME SSD on the Ps5 now. traded a buddy a set of Rock Band instruments for it (He bought me the SSD and the heat sink, I gave him some old Rock Band guitars and a drum set. IT's like 1500 CAD to get a full set now).

So now I have 667 GB on the main drive, 2TB on the expansion (it's actually 2.01 TB, not like 1.81 like my laptop), as well as an 8TB External drive for my Ps4 games. collecting a perfectly awesome hub for all my gaming this way.

Anyone wanna play Stardew Valley/Terraria? on my 4K TV through the Ps5?

Love both games, Terraria in special.

gooch_destroyer said:

We get it, you have a lot of games. lol

Still the same I see.

Get yourself a Morgana avy at least!

I think the problem with Ghost of Tsushima was that...and I know this will be contentious...I think it's TOO Big. it's TOO long. I loved every second I played of that game and was absolutely in love with the game as a whole. I made it to about the end of act 2 and thought to myself "I wish this game was over 15 hours ago". IT's too long. The world is gorgeous, the combat is some of the best in an open world traversal game, the production values and respect to the culture are unmatched, etc...but like, the world is too big, the story is too long, and if this entire game was compressed into an area and length about 25% of what we got I feel it'd be perfect.

As it stands, it really does feel like a WHOOOOOOLE lot of unnecessary bloat. IT's such a weird feeling to have, too. IT's a genuinely great game spread over way too much area and way too long of a campaign.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network

Still have to get around to playing GoT. Though I have a load of other stuff to play and complete rn so I'm in no hurry.. (playing Metroid Dread atm). Though hearing stuff like this kinda puts me off the game. Open world games are a bit hit and miss for me to play through in its entirety, it has to have a strong story, gameplay and cast to get me through a long title. Though this being a quality Samurai game, I'll definitely pick it up at some point!

Just checked and its 25-30hrs on average for main mission https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=51225 which doesn't sound too bad considering I'm not really a completionist as such.

Also, would you say that the extra bloat is avoidable, as non essential side quests and collectables or is that the main story and extras?

Last edited by hinch - on 15 October 2021

hinch said:

would you say that the extra bloat is avoidable, as non essential side quests and collectables or is that the main story and extras?

The side missions are well worth doing. The tedious part is fully exploring/defogging the map and scrounging up collectibles. If you just stick to main and side missions it won't drag, but completionists will be in for a long game.

Ah thats good. In these types of games I tend to do a few side missions to get some 'level ups' before getting it starts to drag and then go on to finish the game with the main campaign mission/s. So long as the main campaign is focused and side missions aren't a slog I'm in!

https://kotaku.com/sony-will-now-let-you-sign-up-to-buy-a-ps5-1847863426

I need one.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

TallSilhouette said:
hinch said:

would you say that the extra bloat is avoidable, as non essential side quests and collectables or is that the main story and extras?

The side missions are well worth doing. The tedious part is fully exploring/defogging the map and scrounging up collectibles. If you just stick to main and side missions it won't drag, but completionists will be in for a long game.

Exactly this. 

I don't always clear the map and gather the collectables, but when I do, it's in games like GOT.

I did start to feel the game length going into the third act but that quickly faded as my, resolve grew.

I'm seriously regretting letting a buddy borrow it when they did. Finding out shortly after that there was going to be DLC, made me want to jump back in immediately. That's what I'll be doing when I get it back but he's likely gunna get the Iki experience before I do because he's fairly immersed in the game by the sounds of it. Can't blame anyone for feeling that way, lol. He no doubt won't be doing collectibles though because it's simply not his gaming style. To each their own.