By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Received today.  Got tired of trying to get a PS5 to play this.  I'm just going to enjoy it on the PS4 and put off getting a PS5 anytime soon. The only other game I wanted for it was Demon Souls so I can wait.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

Received today.  Got tired of trying to get a PS5 to play this.  I'm just going to enjoy it on the PS4 and put off getting a PS5 anytime soon. The only other game I wanted for it was Demon Souls so I can wait.

A PS5 is available right now actually lol

Buy PS5 Consoles | PlayStation®

gtotheunit91 said:

A PS5 is available right now actually lol

Buy PS5 Consoles | PlayStation®

Figures.  I have 900 dollars in free amazon cards.  That's normally where I purchase my gaming stuff. It's free money rewards from a business credit card.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Just checked my overall playtime from my trophy list.

I got a ton of RPG's with a total of 70 - 80H+ playtime and then I got Civilization 6 ahead of the pack with nearly 140H lol.

I can't say this is how I was hoping Sly Cooper's 20th anniversary would be celebrated, but it's better than nothing!

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Deathloop on Xbox Series X/S doesn't support FSR 2.0 either.

What's up with consoles being so far behind here? Sony games like God of War, Spider-Man, and soon Miles Morales and Uncharted Collection all support FSR 2.0 on PC but not on PS5. Why is something simple enough to be supported across a wide range of old PC GPU's so difficult to implement on consoles? If Spider-Man 2 on PS5 doesn't have it, I'm flipping every table in the house. JK, one table will do.

That's really good question lol. FSR 2.0 is available already in Xbox Series X/S development kits, and although PS5 development kits don't include the feature yet, FSR 2.0 is opened sourced, so there's nothing stopping game developers from adding the feature onto their PS5 games. So either they just don't want to add that support yet or developers are still working on implementing it into their console versions.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next phase of VR. I wonder when Apple is finally going to unveil whatever they've been working on all these years.

Oh my god this looks AMAZING!!! 

Holy shit it looks great! I wasn't fully convinced Bella was the right choice for Ellie but it looks like she'll put on a great performance here. Everything looks top notch and really faithful to the game, too. Can't wait!

Sony is very rapidly picking up the pace with their endeavors on PC! It started out pretty slow the first couple of years, then suddenly they're starting to fire on all cylinders. You had:

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition

Days Gone
Predator: Hunting Grounds

God of War
Spider-Man Remastered
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Spider-Man: Miles Morales

With that kind of momentum, I wouldn't be surprised if 2023 looks more like
The Last of Us Part I
The Last of Us Part II
The Last of Us multiplayer game
Returnal
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Ghost of Tsushima
Demon's Souls
Then just as a bonus throw in possibility: Dreams

Once 2024 rolls around, that's when I would be expecting the heavily rumored launcher would drop as well as more recent titles such as

Horizon: Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7
God of War: Ragnarok

Once the back catalog has been ported to PC, I have no idea what could possibly happen lol. Would Sony just allow super long dry spells of first party releases on PC or would they eventually allow day in date releases? Nixxes so far has shown to be extremely competent in porting to PC. Not even a year and a half after acquisition and they will have ported both Spider-Man games!