By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Blood_Tears said:

The trophy group that I take part in on Facebook just posted this pic on their page. It's from a Walmart in New Mexico. They were amazed at PS5's actually being in a store so I thought I would share. It seems stock is definitely improving all over. 

It's definitely improving. I bought mine on Amazon, but it was like the first time I've seen it available for purchase since launch 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
Runa216 said:

Definitely the most primitive Souls game, and definitely the one that felt like it needed an upgrade the most, but still special as hell. Absolutely loved that game. 

Don't get me wrong, I DO feel that there's a lot of gameplay mechanics that absolutely needed to go (world and character Tendency were weird as hell and the events linked to those elements were just way too obtuse for my liking), but it was a clear progenitor to a lot of what I liked in later games. Now if they could do something similar with Bloodborne, I'd be ecstatic! also, Royalty is hands-down the best class. Ruins EVERYTHING in that game except ONE boss. 

I'm curious what you think about all the haptic feedback and dualsense features? The handful of games that utilize them are all pretty awesome if you ask me. Ratchet & Clank is really good, too; as is Returnal. 

Haptic feedback is fantastic, remember me Switch joycons just some levels better and with better ergonomy. I've tried the motion controls in Astro's Playroom and my verdict is: I FUCKING HATE MOTION CONTROS! PLEASE STOP USING MOTION CONTROLS IN GAMING FOR GODS SAKE!

I love how imersive are the sounds that comes from dualsense, but there is something that I haven't tested yet, which is connecting it to my headphones, I think it will miss some backgrounds sounds. It give an extra layer of depth and immersion just feeling the controller vibrations, something that that I was used playing on Swith and used to miss on my PS4 

Overall it's by far their best controller, perfectly comfortable, ergonomic and responsive, like an Xbox controller just better 

I'm download Horizon now only to see the graphics as I have no time to play videogames for the next 4 months (I've started my master degree's classes this week, and I'm playing only on weekends). Besides of this and Demon's Soul I have to play:

- GOT Directors Cut (bought it and never removed it from boxes) 

- FF 7 remake intergade (currently downloading PS5 version, I might play the whole game again before the DLC)

- Resident Evil Village (again, never went out of the box)

- Crash 4

I also got Yakuza and A Plague Tale upgrades, but they are secondary in my priority list. I also want to test PS5 version of RE 2 to see the impact of Ray Tracing on graphics)

Plus a couple of PS4 games that I need to beat (Nier Replicant, Nier Automata, Persona 5 strikers, The Last Guardian)

So I appreciate your recommendations, but I have no plans to buy any game for at least 6 months

Dude, you have so much awesome gaming in your future. Ghost of Tsushima was a surprise masterpiece (A little simple but what it does it does VERY well), FFVII Remake is underrated and still pretty well beloved so that tells you how good it actually is. Resident Evil is great, Crash is pretty good, and a lot of PS4 games (Like God of War 2018 and Horizon Zero Dawn) get PS5 upgrades in that they now have performance modes with 60FPS and 4k visuals, etc. 

This whole generation has been great for free upgrades and the like. The transition from PS4/Xbox One to PS5/Xbox Series X is the smoothest in history. 

It actually upsets me that people are using the benefits of this generational leap (Backwards compatibility and free upgrades/cross-gen options) as a bad thing. Like, complaining becuase 'there are no PS5/XSX exclusives, they're all on PC/Last Gen!' THIS IS A GOOD THING. And yeah, paying an upgrade fee is reasonable. Not a single game on my list have I opted to not upgrade. 10 bucks is nothing to get a whole new game with a whole new trophy list with all new features and functions (Especially with that DualSense). 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

@Bristow9091 ok just got the sword and defeated the 1-2 boss in... 2 minutes

From now on is it just a matter of upgrading intelligence I guess, as this sword cannot be upgraded without a specific magic shard

twintail said:

You know, I really want to see Sony + Bungie do remaster/ remakes of Marathon and Myth. Since Bungie are a part of Sony now, may as well bring these 2 IP's forward for PS5 (and PC)

A Nightdive Studios dev saw a poster of a couple dozen 90s fps games, and he mentioned they were working on remastering a few of them. The Marathon trilogy were amongst them, but figured those were out of the question. 

Found a link to the story and tweet.

https://tech4gamers.com/nightdive-studio-90s-fps-remasters/

twintail said:
the-pi-guy said:

I'm guessing you saw some posts on Era?

Sounded like Bungie was working on bringing Marathon back at one point. Someone on Era suggested that it was likely to come back. 

In this case it's something I've been thinking about for a while haha

But would be cool if there was some merit that that Era poster.

@gtotheunit91 oh? Sure, if it can't be done in-house. I think I'd prefer a remake though, but a remaster would still be worth it!

A remake would be pretty sick, but considering Bungie was a Mac only studio in the 90s, I wouldn’t be surprised if funding a full on remake for an IP so few would be aware of these days couldn’t be seen as financially viable. But if they remaster the original trilogy and it’s successful……who knows what could happen!!! 

Doom 2016 and Eternal along with the myriad of 90s inspired indie shooters have proven there’s a market for that kind of game. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 28 August 2022

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

The trophy group that I take part in on Facebook just posted this pic on their page. It's from a Walmart in New Mexico. They were amazed at PS5's actually being in a store so I thought I would share. It seems stock is definitely improving all over. 

It is because of the price hike, sales tanked the week after

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the-pi-guy said:

Sony has acquired their first mobile centered developer.

Firesprite, San Diego Studio, Bungie all have job openings for mobile developers. I'm not aware of any other studios hiring for mobile development. But as it stands, we're looking at least 4 mobile teams.

I'm assuming we'll see MLB the Show come to mobile, and maybe Destiny? 

It's hard to say with Firesprite with how much they're working on. It could be something separate, but it could also be a Twisted Metal tie in. Just had the thought, that twisted metal might be a good fit for mobile.

I unilaterally hate mobile games but this is very interesting. Much the same way they got the teams needed to port their games to PC, this...is interesting. I still hate mobile games (Even Nintendo couldn't avoid the F2P Wankery and they are easily the most immune to shoddy business practices of the game publishers out there), but I'm curious to see where this goes. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

twintail said:
Runa216 said:

I unilaterally hate mobile games but this is very interesting. Much the same way they got the teams needed to port their games to PC, this...is interesting. I still hate mobile games (Even Nintendo couldn't avoid the F2P Wankery and they are easily the most immune to shoddy business practices of the game publishers out there), but I'm curious to see where this goes. 

It's fine if you don't like mobile games (neither do I haha). Sony is opening up their revenue streams, and by having certain teams focussed on mobile only means that their traditionally console studios can remain focussed doing what they do. 

So it's a win-win for all involved. 

Right now, I imagine Sony might also be looking at a PC dev or two. Right now I think Larian Studios is the one to get. 

In regards to making PC oriented games or ports to PC? Larian is arguably one of the last great independent RPG developers and would be a great get for sure. RPG is one PlayStation's weakest first-party offerings, so Larian can definitely fill that void.

That being said, Larian makes old school style CRPG's. Not sure those kinds of games mend very well with PlayStation. At least not without sacrificing what makes a Larian RPG, a Larian RPG in order to have a broader appeal.  

If Sony is looking for a PC dev, I'd say they should really look into acquiring Paradox Interactive. It would be a publisher acquisition but, it would give Sony a major foothold into the PC space.

Paradox has 9 development studios. 5 internal and 4 acquired. Their internal studios focus on grand strategy games such as Crusader Kings, Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, and Victoria. Whereas the publishing arm of Paradox releases more traditional strategy games, management sims, as well as RPG's. Other than Bethesda, Paradox has the second biggest modding scene in gaming. Their games and engine are very easy to mod and is something that they could incorporate into PlayStation. 

Outside of gaming, Paradox has an annual showcase in Paradox Insider, a convention in PDXCon, as well as operating in tabletop RPG's.

This would give Sony a huge stake in PC gaming as all of Paradox games, like Bethesda, are always amongst the most top played games on PC every single year.

The latest mod SM Remastered, Kermit the Frog