By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

I won't lie. Not into driving sims. I can still find some fun even if short in them. All I knew about Driveclub going in was the wierdo on stage in 2013 jerking himself off talking about the game. That dude was creaming his pants talking about it. I played the game and thought wow this looks nice but holy good god was it boring.  It just didn't seem to do anything interesting. It wasn't terrible in a broad sense. It was just boring. It was a great tech demo for PS4 but a seemingly mediocre game in the couple hours I played.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

so, I finished Ghost of Tsushima fully. I did all the trophies on the main game, I got all the trophies of the DLC, and I did New Game Plus (Mainlined the story missions last night), so I got all those trophies, too. all I have left is the online trophies for Legends mode. Anyone here got any experience with that? How long will it take to get all of them?

And I maintain my opinion of the game overall. Pretty awesome in just about every way, but loses a point for being just way, WAY too long and the map too big. Now that I've beaten the game and don't have to go through it all again the perception of time has changed and it's not as bad now as it was when I was playing it, but hot damn it's STILL Too long. Highly recommended, if you're willing to drop 100+ hours for a completionist run.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-playstation-plus-version-will-be-upgradable-to-ps5-version-this-week

If anyone previously downloaded the PS Plus version of FF7 Remake, you'll be able to upgrade it to the PS5 version for free as of Wednesday.

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:

Completely different games, one is arcade and the other is simulation.

You think both is similar would akin to think FPS and TPS is the same, or Uncharted and Killzone are similar because you can shoot people.

I think they're closer than your examples. More like comparing Uncharted and Gears. 

I would never conflate Forza Horizon with GT for example, or GT with Need for Speed.... so its not just a case of driving game = driving game. 

For me Uncharted and Gears can`t really be considered that similar as well, but ok.

Still for people that play more on the racing games the more arcade approach of DC is quite different from GT7. The driving techniques are like completely different and how you approach races, overtaking and etc.

Sony have much more games that would be closer in similarity being developed by different studios on the action/adventure genre or open world action with rpg element than DC to GT are and well they kept releasing without any issue. Evolution was closed because of the reception of DC not because the game was to similar to GT (even more considering how long it takes for each GT to launch, so A DC every 4 years and a GT every 4 years, making the interval become 2 years come DC another 2 a GT, etc would work pretty well).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SegaHeart said:

I love the youtuber Mystic , He does Playstation content only and his 2022 upcoming games are great.

You're gonna like MBG. 

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

You know Arc Systems is great in alot of things except sales catering to casual crowd , but theyare a perfect fit for Sony to Purchase I think it was the right move to have Guilty Gear strive exclusive to Playstation , this studio is good counter for killer instinct. Sony should buy them like everybody else is saying

I know I'm wayyyyy late but yeah, since Sony needs another Japanese studio too. 

DonFerrari said:

For me Uncharted and Gears can`t really be considered that similar as well, but ok.

Still for people that play more on the racing games the more arcade approach of DC is quite different from GT7. The driving techniques are like completely different and how you approach races, overtaking and etc.

Sony have much more games that would be closer in similarity being developed by different studios on the action/adventure genre or open world action with rpg element than DC to GT are and well they kept releasing without any issue. Evolution was closed because of the reception of DC not because the game was to similar to GT (even more considering how long it takes for each GT to launch, so A DC every 4 years and a GT every 4 years, making the interval become 2 years come DC another 2 a GT, etc would work pretty well).

For most reasonable people, they're nothing alike aside from third person shooting. However, SOME groups out there like to inflate the importance of perspective to devalue or differentiate their brands. IE: A lot of people like to pretend that all PS exclusives are the same because they're third person action-adventures even though something like The Last of Us and Spider-Man are completely different game styles. While for some reason, Halo and Gears are wholly different because one is third person and the other is first person, even though they're both macho, military space sci fi shooters where you kill aliens with manly manly men. 

So yeah, most reasonable people don't put Uncharted and Gears in the same category for genre outside of the third person shooting. some people do, but they really shouldn't because the only thing they share in common is that one trait. Oh, and I guess chest-high walls. but they are vastly different in look, tone, style, and in the case of Uncharted, gameplay. Because it's not like gears has puzzle solving or platforming. (And keep in mind I'm not critiquing Gears, of the two franchises I actually prefer Gears and quite like 2 and 3). Point is, some people put way too much emphasis on first person vs third person perspective. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

I think they're closer than your examples. More like comparing Uncharted and Gears. 

I would never conflate Forza Horizon with GT for example, or GT with Need for Speed.... so its not just a case of driving game = driving game. 

Exactly, but not as drastically different as your original comparison like Uncharted and Killzone.

Not getting the mixed reviews on Chorus. Well ok, the writing is a mixed bag but the gameplay is great. Once you unlock the Forsaken ship and some of the Rites esp drift. The ship handles so smooth. Dogfighting is fun. I'm about halfway into it now so unless it falls off a cliff later. The one thing that can be annoying tho it's been rare is having to shoot these things to unlock a door all at once as they're on a timer and always in a tight space. The areas are fun to explore. The main theme is amazing. The VA is good enough. Just lines like "Be in hell!" are funny unintentionally.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

For most reasonable people, they're nothing alike aside from third person shooting. However, SOME groups out there like to inflate the importance of perspective to devalue or differentiate their brands. IE: A lot of people like to pretend that all PS exclusives are the same because they're third person action-adventures even though something like The Last of Us and Spider-Man are completely different game styles. While for some reason, Halo and Gears are wholly different because one is third person and the other is first person, even though they're both macho, military space sci fi shooters where you kill aliens with manly manly men. 

So yeah, most reasonable people don't put Uncharted and Gears in the same category for genre outside of the third person shooting. some people do, but they really shouldn't because the only thing they share in common is that one trait. Oh, and I guess chest-high walls. but they are vastly different in look, tone, style, and in the case of Uncharted, gameplay. Because it's not like gears has puzzle solving or platforming. (And keep in mind I'm not critiquing Gears, of the two franchises I actually prefer Gears and quite like 2 and 3). Point is, some people put way too much emphasis on first person vs third person perspective. 

Yep, for me the only similarity between Gears and Uncharted is that both have shooting elements, perhaps cinematics and were trend-setter/industry defining games. But talking about gameplay itself would be hard to be more different while being on the same genre.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."