By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

gotcha, only feel like that for games I really like

Same! Like I said, I really did like this game, I just genuinely felt it was too long. I know I keep coming back to that but it's true. That said, now that I'm playing the DLC Iki Island...I'm finding the pace to be far more agreeable. Far more manageable. IT's going to leave me with a much better lasting impression than the main game, I feel. Again, not to say the main game was bad, I just feel it woulda been a lot better if the whole game was compressed into a map 1/4 the size it was. Maybe 1/3.

that is my general issue with open world games

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

Same! Like I said, I really did like this game, I just genuinely felt it was too long. I know I keep coming back to that but it's true. That said, now that I'm playing the DLC Iki Island...I'm finding the pace to be far more agreeable. Far more manageable. IT's going to leave me with a much better lasting impression than the main game, I feel. Again, not to say the main game was bad, I just feel it woulda been a lot better if the whole game was compressed into a map 1/4 the size it was. Maybe 1/3.

Yeah, just finished the Iki Island expansion and all the trophies and basically did the whole thing sans like 2 missions today. It was far better paced, things were far closer together, there was far less waste in terms of travel time, and while the island was 1/2 the size of the first area of the main game (about 1/5 the size of the main game), it still felt very big with a lot of different areas and regions. 

*sigh* Now I have to do NG+ and Legends mode. Anyone have any idea how hard the Legends Mode trophies are? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, just finished the Iki Island expansion and all the trophies and basically did the whole thing sans like 2 missions today. It was far better paced, things were far closer together, there was far less waste in terms of travel time, and while the island was 1/2 the size of the first area of the main game (about 1/5 the size of the main game), it still felt very big with a lot of different areas and regions. 

*sigh* Now I have to do NG+ and Legends mode. Anyone have any idea how hard the Legends Mode trophies are? 

No idea about the legend mode trophies =p

But coming back to the open world, it baffles me that costumers are asking for even bigger maps (and most of them quite empty) close to 1.1 ratio with real life counterpats of very big locations. I guess it is those type of things "if I'm going to pay 60 bucks for the game it better occupy 100h of my time, even if it is mostly choirs activities"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

No idea about the legend mode trophies =p

But coming back to the open world, it baffles me that costumers are asking for even bigger maps (and most of them quite empty) close to 1.1 ratio with real life counterpats of very big locations. I guess it is those type of things "if I'm going to pay 60 bucks for the game it better occupy 100h of my time, even if it is mostly choirs activities"

As time goes on I'm finding only a handful of game can command my attention for that long. Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption II, and Breath of the Wild are great examples, but most games I just sort of wanna play for a week and move on. 

I actually looked at my play time for Ghost of Tsushima and saw it wasn't nearly as long as I thought it was. less than 75 hours! I thought it was WAY longer than that. Felt like 100+, easily. I spent more time on Dark Souls II...which makes me sad since my disdain for Dark Souls II is legendary. 198 hours on Dark Souls II, 73 on Ghost of Tsushima, and I actually liked Ghost of Tsushima. Well damn. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Currently in the early goings of Chorus on PS4. Also picked up Under Defeat on PS3. Not opened it yet. Not long ago finished a hidden gem on PS4 called Curved Space. Twin stick arcade shooter. $14 physical on Amazon. $10 for the Switch version.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Been playing Driveclub slowly - still on the base game and got the DLCs to play next (and bikes too).

I'm thinking of getting a PS5 possibly late 2022 or sometime in 2023 depending on supply numbers.

I dont mind waiting since I wanna get a PS5 when the games I want to get will be cheap.

Currently playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 since....2018 , finally on the last game - BBS

Also finished FFXV DLCs in the last few months, gonna try out Comrades and then play the rest of the Royal Edition content.

Also downloaded Jump Force Ultimate so will try that out too.

I really liked DC and luckly I didn`t got all the problems most early adopters had. Hope you enjoy it.

twintail said:

I'm 30hrs into TloU2 and I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't ended yet...

Its 2 biggest flaws for me are its length and its the predictability/ compartmentalisation of its gameplay sections (i.e seeing enemies and knowing your next 20mins of gameplay is just going to be sneaking about)

Not a big driving fan but I never got why Evolution studios were working on something which so similar to GT. Although I'm sure the game distinguishes itself in many ways, I just felt like there was something more interesting the studio could have been doing. Motostorm, if kept to its roots could have been a more action orientated version of Forza Horizon.

Otter said:

Not a big driving fan but I never got why Evolution studios were working on something which so similar to GT. Although I'm sure the game distinguishes itself in many ways, I just felt like there was something more interesting the studio could have been doing. Motostorm, if kept to its roots could have been a more action orientated version of Forza Horizon.

Completely different games, one is arcade and the other is simulation.

You think both is similar would akin to think FPS and TPS is the same, or Uncharted and Killzone are similar because you can shoot people.

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

Completely different games, one is arcade and the other is simulation.

You think both is similar would akin to think FPS and TPS is the same, or Uncharted and Killzone are similar because you can shoot people.

I think they're closer than your examples. More like comparing Uncharted and Gears. 

I would never conflate Forza Horizon with GT for example, or GT with Need for Speed.... so its not just a case of driving game = driving game.