By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:

I think a lot to do with this (at least in my playthough in a melee build) is that 2H colossal swords or GS's for that matter aren't really well suits for bigger boss encounters. Particularly hyper mobile ones. The swing animations and recovery are so darn slow that it makes the other weapons super fast in comparison. Tbh its nowhere near as viable and well suited to hyper aggressive boss battles as lets say 1Her's or Katana's. And extra damage doesn't make up for how 'heavy' and can be more or a liability when enemies can easily sidestep your attacks.

It doesn't help that poise is essentially crap in this game as well so you can't really trade blows with most enemies in the game, without some sort of interupt mid swing.. (like even small rats can do that). And you are kinda forced to play jump jack with heavy attacks to make up of the loss of DPS.

I get that it takes time learning bosses move sets and when to attack or set one up its just bleh, colossal weapons just seemed like an afterthought for this game. Which is a shame because one of my favourite looking weapons and GS in ER is based on a series that I personally love - Berserk.

For summons I mainly used my Mimic, which is kinda broken when upgraded. Which makes for a great distraction and quite tanky, actually does reasonable damage all considering.

I'm Maining a Zweihander, so I totally get the desire to use the big hitty stick of doom. thing is, sometimes that's just not appropriate. Sometimes you HAVE to use the quicker swords and dodge. Some times you can't dodge because the moves come too quickly, so you HAVE to block. I actually really like this because it makes most/all bosses be about solving a puzzle as much as it is about skill. That's how boss fights SHOULD be, if you ask me. THAT SAID...I also understand why it could be frustrating, especially for someone who's used to playing Dark souls. 

I have successfully brought over my Ludwig's Holy Blade style to this game. Small, longsword for one-handed quick attacks accentuated by dodge rolling and mobility. Big hitty pokey stick of doom for staggering enemies, breaking posture, and generally being a beast. It works stunningly well; only thing I'd wanna add is some faith-based builds for SOME form of long-range fun. Point is, it works if you are willing to put in the effort, it just requires a bit more thought than the souls series. Like I said, reminds me a LOT of Sekiro's boss format from multiple levels. this game actually takes a LOT from Sekiro, from the stealth to the differentiation between bosses and mini-bosses, to the posture meters in addition to health, to the jumping, and the boss design that makes you learn THEIR strengths and weaknesses moreso than the souls games. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
twintail said:

Side note: but where is Spartacus????

Laughing at who believed leaks and rumors without evidence given =p

Maybe we shall see it around the time of E3, so a few more months.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SegaHeart said:

Grand Theft Auto 5 looks incredible on PS5 , I highly recommend watch this clip 

GoTG game of three generations =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Been busier than I expected so I didn't get around to starting Forbidden West until this week. Nice improvement over the first game so far. Here's a few caps from my recent replay of Zero Dawn:

It's interesting how, regardless of graphical fidelity, some games are more photogenic than others. I guess a lot of it has to do with lighting, art design, level design and composition, photo mode quality, and even the rhythm of gameplay. I wasn't inspired to take many in Zero Dawn, but even a few hours in I'm already getting way better shots out of Forbidden West, which I'll start posting when I have enough good ones.

TallSilhouette said:

Been busier than I expected so I didn't get around to starting Forbidden West until this week. Nice improvement over the first game so far. Here's a few caps from my recent replay of Zero Dawn:

Thanks for my new desktop wallpaper.

Last edited by Conina - on 17 March 2022

Around the Network

In about 10 minutes.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Finally beat

Spoiler!
Melania

in ER a little while ago and ngl almost threw my controller against the wall. Screamed out loud in the middle of the night as she was downed, which probably isn't the best of ideas in all honesty xD But holy crap if there's one boss you actually NEED a shield to fight this one its this. Took a few goes but figured good timing between attacks between me and my summon and enough poise damage to stagger. Figured playing super offensively wins out, while letting the pet tank the cheese moves. Can finally lay down now phew lol.

But yeah this game is so huge lol. So many bosses and dungeons, its insane.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 March 2022

Honestly I'm only interested in Sony acquiring developers that they've already been working with on an exclusive basis. So next on the list for me would be Ember Studios and Deviation Games.

SegaHeart said:

Ok guys what else can Sony Acquire?
Here's other picks
Deviation Games (Ex Call of Duty black ops developers)
Kojima Production
Arc System Works

I would like to add: 

Camoflaj (VR developers who opened a new studio in Japan)
Ember Labs 
Hello Games (Gaas + VR) 
Arrowhead (depending on their next game) 
White Moon (support studio)

Welcome to the new studio and the girl leading it seems to be very good at opening and establishing new studios and teams So I Would say it is a very good addition to Sony since I rather they open more studios or foster smaller ones than to buy publishers.