By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

souls games go on quite the discount a few months after launch, so that's probably a good idea. I do think it's worth giving a shot to, but I wouldn't try to convince you to get it unless you were into the series as a whole. 

Not all games are for everyone and FromSouls games are some of the finest examples of that mentality in action. 

I got nioh, liked it somewhat but couldn`t muster the will to finish it.

Interestingly, I seem to be the only soulslike player out there who doesn't like Nioh. Tried it on PS4 twice, didn't care for it and didn't get far. got the PS5 Nioh Collection, didn't even make it as far as I did the first time. It's a shame because I love everything about that game but actually playing it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

I got nioh, liked it somewhat but couldn`t muster the will to finish it.

Interestingly, I seem to be the only soulslike player out there who doesn't like Nioh. Tried it on PS4 twice, didn't care for it and didn't get far. got the PS5 Nioh Collection, didn't even make it as far as I did the first time. It's a shame because I love everything about that game but actually playing it. 

Bloodborne I was able to keep connect for even shorter = as I said unfortunately I can`t engage with Souls, the gameplay style doesn`t match with me. I think the stamina bar annoys me more than reacting and planning for enemies attacks, plus those lose a lot at every death.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Elden Ring is as good as they say...but I do have one major problem with it I'm sure will get smoothed out.

The framereate chugs. a lot. Like, so much. And I am playing on PS5 with framerate optimized. I don't think I've hit 60FPS the entire time I've been playing, and it's gotten real choppy at many points. I didn't have this problem during the network test so I don't quite understand what's going on. that and a lot of pop-in. Like, some of the worst pop-in ever.

HOWEVER...the map is huge and it's a majorly ambitious game. I don't LIKE the choppy performance at launch, but seeing as how pretty much every game now launches with some performance issues - especially huge open world games - I'm willing to give them a pass as long as it gets fixed or at least smoothed out.

I was up till 3:30 this morning just...exploring. Walking around, encountering enemies, finding weapons, collecting crafting materials. One of the best things about this game so far is that the sites of grace (Bonfires) Will literally point to your next objective, showing a beacon of 'this is the critical path' so you know where to go to progress the story and where to go to explore and do side-content. Found plenty of little engagements, got my arse handed to me plenty, and at one point got in a 'teleportation trap' that transported me a few areas over to a truly alien-looking place inside a crystal mine with enemies WAY above my level that I needed stealth to escape before I could fast travel again.

This truly is the Breath of the Wild of FromSouls. and from what I can tell they encourage coop play without limitations, so I'd almost go as far as suggesting @DonFerrari give it a chance if he has friends to play with.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

Elden Ring is as good as they say...but I do have one major problem with it I'm sure will get smoothed out.

The framereate chugs. a lot. Like, so much. And I am playing on PS5 with framerate optimized. I don't think I've hit 60FPS the entire time I've been playing, and it's gotten real choppy at many points. I didn't have this problem during the network test so I don't quite understand what's going on. that and a lot of pop-in. Like, some of the worst pop-in ever.

HOWEVER...the map is huge and it's a majorly ambitious game. I don't LIKE the choppy performance at launch, but seeing as how pretty much every game now launches with some performance issues - especially huge open world games - I'm willing to give them a pass as long as it gets fixed or at least smoothed out.

I was up till 3:30 this morning just...exploring. Walking around, encountering enemies, finding weapons, collecting crafting materials. One of the best things about this game so far is that the sites of grace (Bonfires) Will literally point to your next objective, showing a beacon of 'this is the critical path' so you know where to go to progress the story and where to go to explore and do side-content. Found plenty of little engagements, got my arse handed to me plenty, and at one point got in a 'teleportation trap' that transported me a few areas over to a truly alien-looking place inside a crystal mine with enemies WAY above my level that I needed stealth to escape before I could fast travel again.

This truly is the Breath of the Wild of FromSouls. and from what I can tell they encourage coop play without limitations, so I'd almost go as far as suggesting @DonFerrari give it a chance if he has friends to play with.

I'll consider it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Bristow9091 said:

@Runa216 remember there's a day one patch, I got the game yesterday but decided agaisnt playing it as excited as I was lol, so I'll be installing it when I get home shortly. Apparently it does help the framerate too.

I got the digital copy which came with the Day 1 Patch (1.002 or whatever it is.) Still didn't help. It was mildly better this morning, maybe it had something to do with the network. I dunno. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

I don't hate Tom Holland as Nathan Drake as much as some do, but I still had to laugh:

Is the quality mode capped at 30fps yet? It makes absolute zero sense that there was no frame rate cap

I kinda feel sorry for Horizon. Zero Dawn was immediately overshadowed by Breath of the Wild (Though both sold phenomenally) and now Forbidden west is getting overshadowed by Elden Ring. Both great games, both got high 80s scores (89 and 88, respectively) only to be overshadowed by a 97 game within a few weeks.

Dear sony/Guerilla, please keep releasing Horizon games so we can keep getting Horizon games and generation-defining games soon thereafter! What's next? Horizon 3 followed by Bloodborne 2?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Impressive. Gran Turismo, Horizon, Uncharted, and Sifu all so far this year. Not gonna lie, VERY encouraging, and we haven't even gotten to God of War yet! As for Babylon's Fall, uh...that game looks pretty terrible. I'd like to be wrong but I default to hating any 'forever' games. you know, games that never end, the entire gameplay loop is playing to get better loot to keep playing and get even better loot. Iike games with stories and progression and endings. Feels like I'm wasting my time if I can't finish a game. I like that sense of accomplishment, 'forever games' are a job/chore. Just more work to be done. If I wanna futilely work on a chore I'll do the dishes or sweep the floor or something. at least that makes my house clean. 

And sadly, the only reason God of War isn't a shoe-in for GOTY is Elden Ring. But you know what, if God of War is gonna lose to anyone, I'm okay with it being Elden Ring.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

SegaHeart said:

Gran Turismo 7 has a 89 on open critic. Tomorrow babylon Fall releases still no reviews.

A great return to form.

SegaHeart said:

@SecondWar @SvennoJ @Hiku You guys are amazing and wish the best to Ukraine . Playstation Nation has big heart . 

Really like the 3 of them.