By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Ugh, Reddit is the worst. Tried posting a fun little conversation about whether or not to do a solo run first or jump right into Coop and the second I pressed 'post' the thread/content was deleted.

"I have a bit of a conundrum. I got onto the 'Souls' bandwagon a bit later than I imagine most of you did. It wasn't until Bloodborne came out that I ever even got into one of the games, and even then I didn't love it until halfway through my NG+ playthrough. I beat the game, though it was alright, then played NG+ and it grew on me. By then I had started scoping out Dark Souls III but wasn't fully on the bandwagon yet.

Since then I've gone through and gotten the platinum trophies on Bloodborne, Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Dark Souls III, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Demon's Souls Remastered. However, with the exception of Sekiro, I wasn't really on board prior to any of these game's initial releases. I was a casual player until after Dark Souls III, and Sekiro was singleplayer only.

So here I am, a huge fan of the series, having played all the games Solo first and Coop later. I went through with two friends of mine on Bloodborne and all three Dark Souls games, and we're all super excited for Elden Ring.

The problem is that they don't like playing solo in these games and I don't want my first run to be coop, but they're both really excited to play with me come the 25th. I know what I plan on doing but is anyone else in a similar position where they want to play the game solo for the purity of the experience, THEN try coop, or are most of you diving right into Coop while the game is hot off the press?

Personally, I intend to have a solo character that I just play on my own on my Ps5 in the basement, then a coop character on the PS4 which is hard-wired to the internet. Anyone else having similar conundrums? I can't have it all, but I want to do coop, I want to do solo, and I want to do it all right at launch but I can't have it both ways! SO SAD!"

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
twintail said:

PlayStation Community supports reforestation projects by building Aloy’s Forests around the world

In Horizon Forbidden West, Aloy’s quest to restore order and balance to her world is a reminder about the importance of preserving nature and biodiversity on planet Earth in the years and decades to come. An inspiration to drive change. 

Together with our PlayStation community and selected partners, Guerrilla and Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) are building Aloy’s Forests by supporting reforestation projects in local communities around the world. The program is supported by Play4Forests, an UN Environment Programme and UN-REDD initiative as part of the Playing for the Planet Alliance.

Businesses are businesses, but its nice to see some environment positive actions nonetheless. 

It is a market stunt with low cost, good image building, so it is very positive for the business. And sure since it also have positive environment consequences I also approve of it.

I expect maybe up to 10M trees planted.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
twintail said:

PlayStation Community supports reforestation projects by building Aloy’s Forests around the world

In Horizon Forbidden West, Aloy’s quest to restore order and balance to her world is a reminder about the importance of preserving nature and biodiversity on planet Earth in the years and decades to come. An inspiration to drive change. 

Together with our PlayStation community and selected partners, Guerrilla and Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) are building Aloy’s Forests by supporting reforestation projects in local communities around the world. The program is supported by Play4Forests, an UN Environment Programme and UN-REDD initiative as part of the Playing for the Planet Alliance.

Businesses are businesses, but its nice to see some environment positive actions nonetheless. 

It is a market stunt with low cost, good image building, so it is very positive for the business. And sure since it also have positive environment consequences I also approve of it.

I expect maybe up to 10M trees planted.

It's transparent, but they didn't have to do it and they did anyway, and it's good,

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Its here! Just have to now download the PS5 version lol

hinch said:

Its here! Just have to now download the PS5 version lol

Received mine couple hours ago. 96Gb to install, 96Gb of day one Patch and another 86Gb for the PS5 upgrade and I hope it comes patched... after all the mess is finished and PS5 version is working I`ll delete the PS4 version.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Received mine couple hours ago. 96Gb to install, 96Gb of day one Patch and another 86Gb for the PS5 upgrade and I hope it comes patched... after all the mess is finished and PS5 version is working I`ll delete the PS4 version.

It didn't take too long with my internet but the game (PS5) nearly coming at 100GB took me a little by surprise, lucky I updated my internal storage lol. As for the PS4 version while installing with the data disc I instantly went into the PS store and got the free upgrade. Managed to hold and skip the PS4 install entirely which is nice. Better not wear that SSD too much on unnecessary writes.

But yeah managed to get an hour play and it looks stunning and plays great so far. Granted I only played a bit, the grappling hook is a nice mechanic and the extra climbing freedom is nice. Tried the fidelity mode and its a looks so sharp shame the performance mode isn't as nice.. but settled on performance mode as it feels and looks better in motion; where there's far less input lag on my monitor. Shame there's no 40FPS fidelity mode like Ratchet and Clank or maybe 30FPS cutscenes.

Man, Horizon is getting review bombed. I do not understand what people do this for. I'm critical of Xbox games, I've made no qualms about that, but you'd NEVER see me giving Halo a 0/10 just because I'm not a fan or because I prefer sony/Nintendo.

On a whim I brought up 50 random reviews on the negative page, all 0/10 scores...and every one of them either ONLY reviewed Horizon and gave it a 0, only reviewed sony exclusives and gave them all zero, or hilariously gave every PS exclusive a 0 while also giving every Nintendo or especially Xbox exclusive a 10. A handful of 4s and 5s did have reviews all over the board, regardless of exclusive status, and I believed them (As an acceptable outlier to the established consensus). but like, why is this? (and yes it goes in both directions, I often do find people giving blind 10s on games they want to do well regardless of actual quality.

Why are fanboys the worst? I just wanna get legit feedback on games. So stupid.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

Man, Horizon is getting review bombed. I do not understand what people do this for. I'm critical of Xbox games, I've made no qualms about that, but you'd NEVER see me giving Halo a 0/10 just because I'm not a fan or because I prefer sony/Nintendo.

On a whim I brought up 50 random reviews on the negative page, all 0/10 scores...and every one of them either ONLY reviewed Horizon and gave it a 0, only reviewed sony exclusives and gave them all zero, or hilariously gave every PS exclusive a 0 while also giving every Nintendo or especially Xbox exclusive a 10. A handful of 4s and 5s did have reviews all over the board, regardless of exclusive status, and I believed them (As an acceptable outlier to the established consensus). but like, why is this? (and yes it goes in both directions, I often do find people giving blind 10s on games they want to do well regardless of actual quality.

Why are fanboys the worst? I just wanna get legit feedback on games. So stupid.

To much free time and to little brain power to go around making accounts to manipulate meta of games based on alliance to a company =p

Soul Hackers 2 announced - PS4/5, XB S/X, XBO and Steam (August)

coolbeans said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/22/first-look-the-headset-design-for-playstation-vr2/#sf253727454

The VR2 headset looks pretty damn dope.

Seems prettier, lighter and comfier than the original.