By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | May Plus Games Announced

Of the two, if Sony were to acquire just one of them, who would you prefer?

Bluepoint 9 56.25%

Housemarque 7 43.75%

Total:16
Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

The State of Play Event was kinda bad for me... not only they kept a 15 min waiting recorded together with the less than 20min event the 2 games that opened weren't that great, so it was basically a 15min gameplay of R&C plus a trailer... So don't think it needed an event, it could be just the 15min gameplay standalone video on YT.

But the State of Play was exactly what they said it'd be, fifteen minutes of Ratchet & Clank gameplay and a quick check on two indies... they never said they'd be showing anything more lol. How anyone can call it bad when they delivered exactly what they said honestly confuses me lol. 

... Now I'm gonna' watch the gameplay again! :P

Well delivering what you said you were going to deliver doesn't make it good or prevent from being bad, just complies with what they promissed =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It's kinda funny that for all that hype around the "Sony's only after cinematic blockbusters!" report the next PS5 exclusive... doesn't share those sensibilities. I'm staying as removed as possible from coverage, but even the game's PR & such basically say "we're making an TPS roguelike with old-school difficulty first and foremost." Not exactly a Days Gone/Aliens crossover.

Just watched the State of Play. Wow. This game just jumped up my hype list. I was thinking about putting this game off until I finished the rest of the mainline series, but I don't think I can wait that long any more.

TallSilhouette said:

Just watched the State of Play. Wow. This game just jumped up my hype list. I was thinking about putting this game off until I finished the rest of the mainline series, but I don't think I can wait that long any more.

You talking about Ratchet & Clank? 

If so, yeah. Makes perfect sense to me. Looks amazing, reminds me of the best features in the series with extra gameplay elements I REALLY appreciate (Air dashing is going to completely change how I play the game, and that has me excited). 

As for Returnal, holy hell it feels so good to play! I'm only a handful of cycles in so far, but it feels fluid and responsive. Movement, jumping, dashing, shooting, all of it feels VERY good. Obviously I'm way too early to say one way or another how good the total product is - I am hearing completion lengths of 25-40 hours on average - but after a handful of cycles I can say I'm excited to play more. Sadly I got a lot of work to do today (and my sister bought me New Pokemon Snap), so I can't put as much time into it as I'd like, but first impressions are very positive. 

Very good first 6 months for the console. Miles Morales, Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Nioh Collection, Bugsnax, and a bunch of free upgrades? I said it before and I'll say it again, the only other console in the same realm for first year game releases has got to be the Switch. Nothing else comes close. Most consoles start kinda slow and build up, not come kicking out the gate. I hope Sony isn't blowing its load in the first year (Since we still have Kena, Ratchet & Clank, and Horizon left to go beforehand), because this is a wave I wanna ride for the next 5-7 years. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

As an aside, I also think it's quite impressive how varied Sony's output has been this first year as far as exclusives go. Demon's Souls is a crisp remake of a PlayStation cult classic, making this version an exclusive even if one could argue it's absolutely not exclusive since it's a remake. Miles morales is a cross generational game that comes with an updated version of PS4's best selling exclusive. Nioh/Nioh 2 are a lovely combo of fantastic games with all the DLC (and you get Nioh 2 free if you have it on Ps4). Astro's Playroom is a truly great tech demo for the controller. Returnal is a true exclusive new IP that is doing well. Ratchet & Clank is a sequel to a long-running franchise and also a true exclusive. Horizon is a cross-generational sequel to a well-loved new IP from last generation.

The point is, it's got the whole spectrum covered from remakes to sequels to new IP as well as a proper blend of cross-generational games and true exclusives. Plus, all the free PS5/XSX upgrades to games you already own is....muah! Chef's kiss! I know it's weird to go on about, but this generational transition is easily the best in console history. Backwards compatibility better than ever before, free upgrades, performance boosts for games that don't get new-gen upgrades...it's such a smooth transition. IT's simultaneously the easiest to get into the new gen (Stock withstanding), and yet the easiest to hold back since you know pretty much all games coming out or recently released will be just as good on the new hardware. No matter what you do or when you shift over, you really can't go wrong.

Like, in the first year, here are the games I own or have pre-ordered (or will):

Assassin's Creed Valhall (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Astro's Playroom (Free PS5 pack-in)
Borderlands 3 (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Cyber Shadow (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Demon's Souls Remastered
Doom Eternal (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5 Enhanced edition of PS4 Game)
Horizon The Forbidden West (PS4 and Ps5 versions)
Immortals: Fenyx Rising (PS4 and PS5 Versions)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4 and PS5 Versions)
Nioh Complete (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Nioh 2 complete (PS4 and PS5 Versions
Overcooked! All You Can Eat (PS5 Enhanced edition of PS4 Games)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Resident Evil Village (PS4 and PS5 Versions)
Returnal
Spider-Man Remastered (PS5 Enhanced edition of PS4 Game)
Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PS4 and PS5 versions - Just announced?)
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete (PS4 and PS5 versions)

I don't understand how anyone can say this is a bad first year. And like 2/3 of those games are ones you can buy on PS4 now and get free copies of on PS5 as well (if you have digital, disc is a bit more complicated but the point still stands). I didn't even expect to get a PS4 version of some games I bought to be on PS5 (Like Miles morales and Assassin's Creed). So yeah, convert now, convert later, you win either way. Both PS and Xbox have knocked it out of the part in this regard. I love it!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network

Since Returnal has now released (To pretty amazing reviews from both critics and players, might I add!), I think it's time for me to update the poll, so you'll see it change to something different shortly... not sure what yet, I'll have a think while I make another coffee, lol.

@Runa216 is right though, this first year is pretty fucking insane for the PS5 in terms of games... hopefully they can keep the momentum going! It's just a shame I can't find a PS5 anywhere, and even if I could at this point, I can't afford it anyway lol, boo! :( Guess I better start streaming more or start an OnlyFans, that seems to work, right? ;)

Runa216 said:

As an aside, I also think it's quite impressive how varied Sony's output has been this first year as far as exclusives go. Demon's Souls is a crisp remake of a PlayStation cult classic, making this version an exclusive even if one could argue it's absolutely not exclusive since it's a remake. Miles morales is a cross generational game that comes with an updated version of PS4's best selling exclusive. Nioh/Nioh 2 are a lovely combo of fantastic games with all the DLC (and you get Nioh 2 free if you have it on Ps4). Astro's Playroom is a truly great tech demo for the controller. Returnal is a true exclusive new IP that is doing well. Ratchet & Clank is a sequel to a long-running franchise and also a true exclusive. Horizon is a cross-generational sequel to a well-loved new IP from last generation.

The point is, it's got the whole spectrum covered from remakes to sequels to new IP as well as a proper blend of cross-generational games and true exclusives. Plus, all the free PS5/XSX upgrades to games you already own is....muah! Chef's kiss! I know it's weird to go on about, but this generational transition is easily the best in console history. Backwards compatibility better than ever before, free upgrades, performance boosts for games that don't get new-gen upgrades...it's such a smooth transition. IT's simultaneously the easiest to get into the new gen (Stock withstanding), and yet the easiest to hold back since you know pretty much all games coming out or recently released will be just as good on the new hardware. No matter what you do or when you shift over, you really can't go wrong.

Like, in the first year, here are the games I own or have pre-ordered (or will):

Assassin's Creed Valhall (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Astro's Playroom (Free PS5 pack-in)
Borderlands 3 (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Cyber Shadow (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Demon's Souls Remastered
Doom Eternal (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5 Enhanced edition of PS4 Game)
Horizon The Forbidden West (PS4 and Ps5 versions)
Immortals: Fenyx Rising (PS4 and PS5 Versions)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4 and PS5 Versions)
Nioh Complete (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Nioh 2 complete (PS4 and PS5 Versions
Overcooked! All You Can Eat (PS5 Enhanced edition of PS4 Games)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Resident Evil Village (PS4 and PS5 Versions)
Returnal
Spider-Man Remastered (PS5 Enhanced edition of PS4 Game)
Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PS4 and PS5 versions - Just announced?)
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete (PS4 and PS5 versions)

I don't understand how anyone can say this is a bad first year. And like 2/3 of those games are ones you can buy on PS4 now and get free copies of on PS5 as well (if you have digital, disc is a bit more complicated but the point still stands). I didn't even expect to get a PS4 version of some games I bought to be on PS5 (Like Miles morales and Assassin's Creed). So yeah, convert now, convert later, you win either way. Both PS and Xbox have knocked it out of the part in this regard. I love it!

There are also Scarlet Nexus, Guilty Gear -Strive- and Tales Of Arise that I want a lot. But I live for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and Kena : Bridge of Spirits

Last edited by CloudxTifa - on 30 April 2021

Bristow9091 said:

Since Returnal has now released (To pretty amazing reviews from both critics and players, might I add!), I think it's time for me to update the poll, so you'll see it change to something different shortly... not sure what yet, I'll have a think while I make another coffee, lol.

@Runa216 is right though, this first year is pretty fucking insane for the PS5 in terms of games... hopefully they can keep the momentum going! It's just a shame I can't find a PS5 anywhere, and even if I could at this point, I can't afford it anyway lol, boo! :( Guess I better start streaming more or start an OnlyFans, that seems to work, right? ;)

Although Returnal had a great review and their running history is quite solid I wouldn't chose housemarque over bluepoint even if cheaper (Sony could possibly buy both for a portion of that 187M), they still have to many great franchises that need a revival and a bluepoint remake would be ideal (yes they don't need to buy to do it, while new IPs it is better to buy the dev to ensure the sequel is of same quality), but that is me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Download State Of Play of Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart in 4K : https://uptobox.com/y3bcfmljom0g

Source : https://www.resetera.com/threads/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-%E2%80%93-state-of-play-4k-gameplay-showcase.417906/post-63966099

CloudxTifa said:

There are also Scarlet Nexus, Guilty Gear -Strive- and Tales Of Arise that I want a lot. But I live for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and Kena : Bridge of Spirits

For some reason I thought Scarlet Nexus was Xbox Exclusive...it was like the only game that had me going 'damn that makes me want an Xbox!'. But it's coming to Ps5, so I guess I'll be getting it there! Absolutely wonderful! That game looks good! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

Top 6 this generation: