By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

BasilZero said:

2 copies from me (1 on PS4 and 1 on Steam :D )

2 copies from me, as well. One physical at launch, 1 digital with all the DLC. 

And lemme see here, New IP, Female Protagonist, a company trying something new (they used to just do FPS games) and create an interesting world? IT's almost like more companies should be given freedom to do what they want instead of corporately mandates nonsense. I wasn't as big a fan of Horizon as everyone else, but I'd rather have 1000 Horizon style games than one more Calladoody or Battlefield or Madden. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

2 copies from me (1 on PS4 and 1 on Steam :D )

It looks like PC ports will push many SIE titles into the 20 - 25+ Million lifetime tier, and maybe in the case of SpiderMan, into 30+ Million lifetime. It's looking like God of War, Horizon, SpiderMan, The Last of Us & Uncharted 4 (most likely) have sold more than 20+ Million units. There's a good chance GOT + TLOU: Part II reach 20+ Million units sold with a PC port. 

Edit: I could also see GT7 selling around 20 - 25+ Million if it's a return to form.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 11 February 2022

Kyuu said:

Sony spoke of more than doubling their first party game revenue in a few years, this can be explained by their new prices, more acquisitions, success on PC, and perhaps a dose of optimism.

Horizon already exceeded my updated lifetime prediction by 5 million lol. I think I may need to adjust some of my predictions because they're finding more success on PC than I imagined.

What makes their software numbers especially impressive is just how bad Playstation shortages have been since the pandemic. Spider-Man 2 is likely to crush the high expectations.

Definitely readjusting my expectations of PC ports after GOW's success on Steam. I think Sony's first party will be approaching the 30+ Million club with PS5/PC. 

The new cinematic looks awesome. Hope to see it during the Super Bowl. One more week!

TallSilhouette said:

The new cinematic looks awesome. Hope to see it during the Super Bowl. One more week!

Pre-load began today for anyone who pre-ordered. something like I think 89 gigs. Bit bigger than I hoped, but well within my acceptable range. 

I do not intend to have another 176gb game like Assassin's Creed Odyssey again. 100gb is about my limit, I'd say. I can go a bit higher for great games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Final Fantasy XV. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZN63UxAOM

They made her look a little more like she did as a child. More resemblance now.

I always thought adult Aloy was a little odd considering her transformation.

People can physically change quite a bit as they age, but Aloy was a considerable change.

I prefer the OG adult Aloy, but she still looks quite good here. 

BasilZero said:
Kyuu said:

And I heard GT Sport jumped from 9 million to 14 million players within a year without being given for free or included in a service, and without a PC version.

Playstation shortages and the incease in prices might still hurt them though. We know their 1st party sales on consoles dropped to around 37 million copies from around 50 million or higher in the 3 years prior.

GT Sport's been pretty cheap nowadays.

Its standard price is $20 and has been going on sales for $10 and less on PS+ subbers more often.

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/254859/gran-turismo-sport

I hope we get a GT game on PC, would be great - though kinda want Driveclub to be on PC....would get it lol.

Discounted sale is still a sale =p

Hope this and how well GT7 is presenting itself makes it have a very big release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

Discounted sale is still a sale =p

Hope this and how well GT7 is presenting itself makes it have a very big release.

I know, thats how I got my copy of GT Sport last year lol.

Will be getting GT7 in the future for sure.

I bought GTS on launch and GT7 I pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the-pi-guy said:

Horizon reviews should go up in about 7 hours.

I'm expecting 87-93 area.

I have it at 94 in the opencritic predictions, probably too high.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Hmmmm, I think Horizon Forbidden West will START at 92, but will slowly lower and eventually settle on 89. Why? Because of all the great news about how well Zero Dawn sold will make a handful of people give it low scores. I'd be willing to bet Edge gives it a 6/10 and Slant gives it a 4/10, and those alone will be enough to bring it down a point or two. But yes, at launch, I predict 92 after the first wave of reviews, but it'll slowly go down and end up just south of 90 when its all done. So 89.

Sadly, in these modern times there are always contrarians. Unless it's a Mario game.

I'm only just starting Zero Dawn as of yesterday so I got a lot of catching up to do. Plan is to finish Zero Dawn before Elden Ring comes out (not gonna happen) and get all the trophies, then play elden Ring and come back to play Forbidden West. Either way, despite my prior reservations about Zero Dawn (I tried it a few times and just couldn't get into it), my time with - of all games - Ghost of Tsushima has changed my perspective and now It's clicking with me. Good stuff.

**Edit** Oh, and I bet there'll be like one lesbian or trans person in the game and half the internet will carpet bomb its user metascore for being woke regardless of how it's implemented. 

Last edited by Runa216 - on 13 February 2022

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX