By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | May Plus Games Announced

Of the two, if Sony were to acquire just one of them, who would you prefer?

Bluepoint 12 63.16%

Housemarque 7 36.84%

Total:19

Yeah its crazy. I remember preordering games like Detroit, The Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4 for about £41-48. PS3 games were even lower range than that, from as low as £37! And now PS5 games (so far) has gone up to 50% from PS4. Way too much of a jump imo. But yeah I too try stick to £20's for games too for newish releases I'm not dying to play.

Picked up Spiderman Miles Morales for £21 on Ebay in Feb so games will drop. I have a huge backlog and WoW to play so its no big waiting a few months for a substantial price cut.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah, the price point is kind of what worries me, and apparently some of the reviewers too... not sure how Housemarque's previous games have all sold, but given the quality on display here, with the solid reviews and what appears to be a decent amount of content (If you're putting 30-50 hours in just to finish it), I reckon it'll be a success... just that early sales might be lower than what they could've been as people may still be waiting for a price cut. I'd be one of those people too, not because of this game specifically, but all games... I can't really justify the jump from paying £40-45 for a PS4 game, to £70 for a PS5 game lol... we got absolutely shafted with the price increase here!

I was worried that a roguelike being sold at full retail price would be a bad value proposition, but after seeing the game in action and the early reviews saying 30-50 hours to finish...well...I got my copy. It's downloading now! 

I love seeing good things do well, so I imagine this will be at least a moderate success. 

Grats! Keen to read your impressions.

hinch said:

Yeah its crazy. I remember preordering games like Detroit, The Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4 for about £41-48. PS3 games were even lower range than that, from as low as £37! And now PS5 games (so far) has gone up to 50% from PS4. Way too much of a jump imo. But yeah I too try stick to £20's for games too for newish releases I'm not dying to play.

Picked up Spiderman Miles Morales for £21 on Ebay in Feb so games will drop. I have a huge backlog and WoW to play so its no big waiting a few months for a substantial price cut.

Replace WoW with FFXIV and I'm in the same boat lol

Returnal is a mega hit , It scored higher than gears 5 . Sony has a great exclusive in their hand , PS5 looking great.

I game on all consoles and PC

Just fantastic !

Around the Network

When I get a PS5, Returnal is what I want most. Housemarque does such great work.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The State of Play Event was kinda bad for me... not only they kept a 15 min waiting recorded together with the less than 20min event the 2 games that opened weren't that great, so it was basically a 15min gameplay of R&C plus a trailer... So don't think it needed an event, it could be just the 15min gameplay standalone video on YT.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I really liked the news posted on housemarque that was posted here, seemed to comes truly from the heart and talk of several things, thanks for posting the link.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CloudxTifa said:

Just fantastic !

Holy.. the city looks beautiful. Only watched a bit to avoid spoilers but damn!

DonFerrari said:

The State of Play Event was kinda bad for me... not only they kept a 15 min waiting recorded together with the less than 20min event the 2 games that opened weren't that great, so it was basically a 15min gameplay of R&C plus a trailer... So don't think it needed an event, it could be just the 15min gameplay standalone video on YT.

But the State of Play was exactly what they said it'd be, fifteen minutes of Ratchet & Clank gameplay and a quick check on two indies... they never said they'd be showing anything more lol. How anyone can call it bad when they delivered exactly what they said honestly confuses me lol. 

... Now I'm gonna' watch the gameplay again! :P