By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

For me FF IX is one of the best games ever, and like the first game to blow my mind (one of the first games I played when bought my PS1), and it is still pretty even just playing the enhanced por for PSVita or PS4, so even though I would love to play a remake I would also accept VI being made first since I didn`t play the SNES era FFs (and the "remakes" on portable for the first titles didn't get me going because well they aren't the high production value that is staple for me on FF).

I liked world of final fantasy and the first tactics as well, Type-0 I liked more or less (couldn`t bother to finish yet), Dissidia played very little, the Theatic Rythm or whatever was very funny, and Brave Exvius I have played since launch and regularly sits on top 5k on the event ranks.

You should try out the Pixel remasters of FF1 to FF6 - they got released in the past year and VI is coming out next month. Its for PC and mobile but I'm sure it will be out for consoles in the future.

I didnt like Type-0 for the most part - it had a good start lore wise but the gameplay was a mess.

Havent properly played WoF yet but I did try out the demo.

I tried out Theatric Rhythm but couldnt get into it so I decided not to buy it or play it.

I tried Brave Exvius for a few months, will try it again in the future but out of all the mobile FF games , FF Record Keeper is my fav.

Been playing it since its launch in 2015 lol.

I may try the pixel remaster when it releases in consoles although the trailer didn't surprise me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
twintail said:

Need to play FF15 some time... Before 16 preferably.

Also, I wonder if the new twisted metal will adopt a BR more in addition to its original death match like proceedings.

I think FF XVI will be out in 2023 (just like FFVII R part. 2) so you got some time to play it.

twintail said:

Also, I wonder if the new twisted metal will adopt a BR more in addition to its original death match like proceedings.

I'm all into brazil dub for the game, but you want to also have our traffic problems in the game?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

twintail said:

I dunno man, I'm mixed. as in, I liked the game but I don't think it's essential. I don't think you 'need' to play it, but it's not gonna hurt you if you do. 

then again, I played the launch version, not the updated version with the Royal content and other many fixes. I hear it's better now. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Bristow9091 said:

Honestly it was better even before the Royal edition released lol, it just added the patches and DLC into a neat package along with some extra content... I'd honestly love if the people who hated the game at/near launch would replay the game now just to see if their opinion will change. I feel the same way about people who still hate on XIII too, obviously it never got the same treatment with patches and new content, but it isn't even close to being as bad as some people will make it out to be... there's literally people out there who still refer to it as "The worst game ever made"... seriously? They must've played like six games in their life if that's what they think. Life of Black Tiger exists people... and I've played worse than that too!

/rant

Well, considering I'm planning on playing Skyward Sword again by the end of the year, I think it's fair to add Final Fantasy XIII to that list. I recently went back to play Mario 64 again and despite being pretty critical of it, I didn't hate it. I didn't love it, but it made me feel a lot better than I remembered. Same with Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, hated that game as a kid but now I kinda like it? I'm still extra critical of it because I think it's a 7/10 game getting 12/10 praise, so of course I think it's overrated, but I don't think it's BAD. Hell, I even went back and played through Dark souls II with some friends and didn't hate the experience. Still hate that game, but with friends at least you know you're suffering together. (all joking aside, it was weird, I enjoyed playing that game with friends, even if all we did the entire time was bitch about how bad it was and mock its terrible design choices throughout.)

As time goes on, I'm finding I want to like more things. I remain critical of companies and I certainly have my faves but like, I want things to do well. I want to see things succeed and be well liked even if I don't like them. I want to give games chances no matter how much people think I'm overly negative. The reality is that I don't like hating FFXIII or Dark Souls II or Skyward Sword. It feels bad. I want more things to enjoy, and re-writing my 'top games of all time' list recently made me realize just how much I love gaming as a whole. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

I wish Megaton Musashi had an English version as it's about the last Japanese mech game I want to play on PS4. I also wish Blackwind had a physical on PS4. I don't have a PS5 but PS5 is getting one. So I got it before I own the console. Oh well.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

No one needs to play FFXV. Let that crap die. 16 is unrelated. XV is a mess.

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

I dunno man, I'm mixed. as in, I liked the game but I don't think it's essential. I don't think you 'need' to play it, but it's not gonna hurt you if you do. 

then again, I played the launch version, not the updated version with the Royal content and other many fixes. I hear it's better now. 

Honestly it was better even before the Royal edition released lol, it just added the patches and DLC into a neat package along with some extra content... I'd honestly love if the people who hated the game at/near launch would replay the game now just to see if their opinion will change. I feel the same way about people who still hate on XIII too, obviously it never got the same treatment with patches and new content, but it isn't even close to being as bad as some people will make it out to be... there's literally people out there who still refer to it as "The worst game ever made"... seriously? They must've played like six games in their life if that's what they think. Life of Black Tiger exists people... and I've played worse than that too!

/rant

XIII Trilogy is garbage but far from the worst games ever made or worst RPGs I ever played. Hell I played worse Square released RPGs that generation(Infinite Undiscovery is total shit). But the worst FF game that gen was the Wii Crystal Bearers. XV sucks and I played it launch and post updates. It did not change my views on it. Combat is still ass. The world design is still ass and making the game more linear as the story goes is just a bad design choice. Chapter 13 maybe better but still there. The story still sucks. It's a playable game yeah but why when so many better games even from Square are out on PS4 and Switch. It's not worse than Star Ocean V at least. Then again that game makes XV look like a great game in comparison.

the-pi-guy said:

Firesprite seems like they're being built to be a "mega" studio.

Hope that doesn't make them juggling to many balls at once.

the-pi-guy said:

Firesprite seems like they're being built to be a "mega" studio.

What have they done in the past? Is this good news or bad news? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX