By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | June Plus Games Announced

Of the two, if Sony were to acquire just one of them, who would you prefer?

Bluepoint 17 58.62%

Housemarque 12 41.38%

Total:29
Bristow9091 said:

Ooh look some actual gameplay! Now show us it in a proper trailer or something lol :P

It basically looks like 'what if Dark Souls had horseback riding and took place in a world that hadn't yet devolved into shit'. I can get into all of that. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network

Also, who all picked up Kena: Bridge of Spirits? I'm a little disheartened that it was digital only (I was hoping for a physical copy), but the more I think about it and the more I play games the clearer it is that I am a HUGE fan of shorter, budget games. I don't want all my games to be Witcher III or Red Dead Redemption II quality. sometimes I want a 3-5 hour game that's fun but short, and Kena looks to be that game!

Plus, I keep forgetting that if you buy a PS5 game digitally that's also on PS4, you also get the PS4 version. I got that pleasant surprise with Miles Morales, Resident Evil Village, and now Kena!

Also, man this might be the best generational transition ever. All these free upgrades? Urff. My PS5 collection is already at like 12 games and I've only had the console like 4 months! My next major purchase is gonna be Back 4 Blood, which also is on both consoles. And as of right now, I have Resident Evil Village in May, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart in June, Final Fantasy VII Intergrade in July (It comes out June but I'm playing Ratchet that month), and Kena in August. This summer's gonna be lit! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Yeah, wow. I just did a bit of a look of all the games I currently own on Ps5, which includes games I bought, pre-ordered, or am getting a PS5 upgrade free of charge:

1 - Assassin's Creed: Valhall (PS4/PS5 version)
2 - Astro's Playroom
3 - Borderlands 3 (PS4/PS5 version)
4 - Cyber Shadow (PS4/PS5 version)
5 - Demon's Souls
6 - Doom Eternal (PS4/PS5 version)
7 - Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade (Free PS5 Upgrade)
8 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4/PS5 version)
9 - Nioh Remastered: Definitive Edition
10 - Nioh 2 Remastered: Definitive Edition (PS4/PS5 version)
11 - Overcooked: All You Can Eat!
12 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
13 - Resident Evil Village (PS4/PS5 Version)
14 - Spider-Man Remastered
15 - Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4/PS5 version)
16 - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4/PS5 version)

Like, I haven't even owned the console for 6 months yet and I already have 16 games on the system. 3 of them are preorders, so that brings us down to 13. 3 more of them are upgrades we've not gotten yet, so that brings us down to 10. Of those 16, 10 of them are games that, if you buy them digitally you get them on both PS4 and PS5, or will give you the PS5 version free of charge if you have the disc/get a Ps5. so right out the gate, any games you get in this transitional period gives you both versions, incentivizing you to keep buying games for the old console because it means you'll still have a hell of a library on the new console once you get it.

Like, Borderlands 3 on Ps4? not bad. Borderlands 3 on PS5? Game changer. IT's so nice to me to have the option to play on either console or get the free upgrade, and I think we're getting spoiled. That's 16 games (and more to come) that I'll have on a new console within its first year, and I think that might be a record for me. sure, a bunch are just games from the PS4 era either ported to PS5 or mildly tweaked, but the fact that I have 16 games I'll be playing at least within the first year - many of which I personally find outstanding - as well as tonnes of PS4 games that perform so much better is super awesome.

Honestly, this generation rocks, and this isn't exclusive to the Ps5, either. that just happens to be the console I own. Xbox's backwards compatibility and transitionary period is doing well, too. almost all of these games - aside from the exlusives - get the same treatment on that console that they do on the PS5, and that's SUPER user friendly. We didn't have this any time before. Hell, even PC games don't get the same level of free upgrades - or at least didn't until recently. Sure, you get your occasional Skyrim Special Edition free of charge on PC, but of my 200+ steam games (I know, amateur numbers), only like 8 of them have ever gotten the free remaster or update. Not relevant, I'm meandering.

My point is, we gamers are getting it VERY good lately. I love the Switch, I love the Ps5, and I love being a gamer in 2021. There are so many options, so much quality, and so much incentive to get the new consoles. I'm so keen on the PS5 for its improved performance on PS4 games and its upgrades to PS5 versions that I'm seriously considering getting a SECOND Ps5 (Digital version) just to have in my bedroom so I don't gotta share. I mean, good luck to me and all that jazz, but still. Most of these games are truly awesome games I love and bought more than once and intend to play again. It's just so nice that, even if I didn't have a PS5, most of these games I already own would be automatically upgraded to PS5 versions, so I'd already have quite the library once I got the system.

Good stuff. I am a happy gamer.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

Top 6 this generation: 

Yeah the PS5 is easily Sony's strongest console release since the PS2. From the excellent launch titles to the awesome free upgrades. Plus the great games released last year and releasing this year makes it a great time to game. Can't wait to play FFVIIR in all its glory on the PS5. Also hearing rumours about a new firmware patch to allow VRR and 4K 120 and possibly 1440P support this month.

Btw looks like FF7R Part 2 is destined for PS5 and will be built specifically to take advantage of the new hardware. No cross gen? :o

"Lighting and textures are the main adjustments for [Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade], but environmental effects such as fog have also been added to further improve the sense of presence and immersion in the world view. […] As for adaptive triggers, they are partially supported. However, in terms of using all of the features of PlayStation 5, please wait for the next game where we can start from scratch. ~ Tetsuya Nomura

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-2-fully-exploit-ps5-yuffie-chapter-explained/

Last edited by hinch - on 02 March 2021

I didn't know Yuffie's DLC is exclusive to PS5. As far as the Japanese market goes I thats decent compensation for GT7 missing its summer release date. Should provide a decent boost to hardware sales.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Btw looks like FF7R Part 2 is destined for PS5 and will be built specifically to take advantage of the new hardware. No cross gen? :o

"Lighting and textures are the main adjustments for [Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade], but environmental effects such as fog have also been added to further improve the sense of presence and immersion in the world view. […] As for adaptive triggers, they are partially supported. However, in terms of using all of the features of PlayStation 5, please wait for the next game where we can start from scratch. ~ Tetsuya Nomura

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-2-fully-exploit-ps5-yuffie-chapter-explained/

People were kidding themselves if they thought the project was going to continue to include the PS4 going forward. It’s realistically a 10 years long project, if not more. Yet I see some people getting mad at Square Enix for moving on to the current gen with the project.

With how the scope of the story and gameplay opens up once you leave Midgar, I cannot fault the developers for not wanting the project to remain tethered to a console architecture that would become a headache to develop for in order to make their vision fully realized at the quality they want the project to be.

Last edited by Hynad - on 02 March 2021

True, its kind expected. Square Enix likes to push the latest hardware and graphics with the mainline FF series. Nomura did say it will likely be a late 2021 / early 2022 title. I'd say some time in 2022.. and by that time there will easily be 20m+ PS5's out in the open. And these games sell very well, to say the least. Maybe this will give interest in Japan (for the PS5) a boost it needs.

But yeah I'm excited to see a publisher not afraid to move onto next gen. Part 1 already looks great, can't wait to see what they can do with much better hardware!

hinch said:

True, its kind expected. Square Enix likes to push the latest hardware and graphics with the mainline FF series. Nomura did say it will likely be a late 2021 / early 2022 title. I'd say some time in 2022.. and by that time there will easily be 20m+ PS5's out in the open. And these games sell very well, to say the least. Maybe this will give interest in Japan (for the PS5) a boost it needs.

But yeah I'm excited to see a publisher not afraid to move onto next gen. Part 1 already looks great, can't wait to see what they can do with much better hardware!

I'm actually gonna' be REALLY surprised if we see it in late 2021 or early 2022... for reason I'm expecting 2023 at the earliest, probably based on their track record so far lol. Either way I'm impatiently holding off playing the game until I get a PS5, it's gonna' be a "fun" wait, lol :P 

I mean they already have the assets from the first game and pt 2 only managed to go into full development last year, in Summer. A one(ish) to two year development cycle would be quite fast.. and considering this is SE, you're probably right lol.

Lets hope Sony sorts out shortages so you can get one. You have until June 10th!

Last edited by hinch - on 02 March 2021

hinch said:

If Part 2 launches no later than early next year I would expect a PS4 version to be made as well and only part 3 be exclusive to gen 9.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."