By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

^ Finally got around to playing the Director's Cut on PS5 for the first time, myself. I can't get over how instantaneous fast travel is, now. It's incredible, lol.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Now that I've made some real progress and broken through the barrier, I'm kicking myself for having not played Ghost of Tsushima earlier. This game is amazing! While it certainly feels unfair at times (If the enemies decide to swarm you there's little to nothing you can do until you unlock smoke bombs, unless you are a god at timing and juggling abilities), the combat system is amazing! the graphics are outstanding! The art direction is seriously some of the best I've ever seen with some of the most memorable locales ever put in a video game...and I'm not even past the first section of the island! (There are three sections, not including the expansion).

it did take a LONG time to unlock most of the map and I am absolutely not looking forward to having to do it all over again on NG+ to get all the trophies, but the steady drip of getting resources, upgrading my skills and abilities, saving my people, expanding storage and resolve and health....it does a VERY good job balancing continued rewards and long-term goals.

Plus the story has hit me harder than I thought it would.

I've still got a LONG way left to go, but I definitely see this being a 9+ game from me. We'll see how that pans out.

Also, I had to lower the difficulty to normal or medium or whatever the 'base' difficulty is. Hard was regularly killing me way too quickly. I could do it but I really didn't want to die 20 times every time I tried to liberate a base. I don't even die that often on Dark Souls bosses.

**Edit** Oh, and as an aside, I find it funny that all the other games people talk about and how fast the load times are, I always found them to not be THAT impressive. I saw videos of Demon's souls loading times and found my console took about 5-7 seconds longer, making me think 'oh, the loading times aren't THAT impressive!'

But then I saw Ghost of Tsushima loading time videos and thought 'oh, those aren't that impressive', but then when I tried to fast travel it literally only took as long as it took to exit the menu. 

GoT loading and travel was already very fast on PS4, it was crazy.

And for me it was the best game of the gen by personal choice. And if it had the manpower and experience of ND it would have been everyones GOTG.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

And would you look at that, DeathLoop is currently sitting at 88 on Meta with 63 reviews! Will likely go down a notch or two when it's all said and done, but DAMN! Another great addition to PS5's first year. Plus FIST is at 81 as well.

Imagine how great the first year would be if it also had Horizon and God of War as initially planned.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm just glad the games nearly out so we don't have to sit through the umpteenth trailer for it. Looks like a decent game, which shouldn't come as surprise coming from Dishonored and Prey devs. I'm not usually into methodical, stealthy and slower based FPS (maybe outside more recent Deus Ex games) but I'll give this one a go.

Runa216 said:

And would you look at that, DeathLoop is currently sitting at 88 on Meta with 63 reviews! Will likely go down a notch or two when it's all said and done, but DAMN! Another great addition to PS5's first year. Plus FIST is at 81 as well.

Imagine how great the first year would be if it also had Horizon and God of War as initially planned.

Much higher than I was expecting I can tell you. And finally it will stop showing in SoP.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Found out the game is also compatible with DualSense on PC which is pretty awesome.

Bandorr said:

Deathloop is blowing up on twitter and I can't really figure out why.

People are shocked it is reviewing well. They are shocked it is releasing tomorrow.
And you see stuff like "the best ps5 game is an xbox exclusive" and "Playstation released the first Xbox X exclusive before Xbox even released one".

This is wild.

Okay, this is hilarious. 

Also, if anyone was curious about the PS5's first year's exclusive list: 

92 - Demon's Souls Remastered

89 - Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

88 - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

88 - Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut

88 - DeathLoop (Given it's not even out yet the number might change)

88 - Nioh Collection

87 - Guilty Gear Strive

85 - Returnal

85 - Spider-Man Miles Morales

83 - Astro's Playroom

81 - F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch

79 - Sackboy: A Big Adventure

77 - The Pathless

75 - Bugsnax

And we still have Kena for sure and I don't know what else in September/October/November before the 1 year anniversary of the console launch. I genuinely don't know how anyone, regardless of their console alliance or lack thereof, could say this is a bad first year. sure, you can argue that a lot of those games are just cross-generational, but ALL consoles have an abundance of cross-generational games in their transitionary year(s). This is not unique and this is not special. Any time someone uses that as an excuse or complains about the first year being weak, I have to wonder if they've ever experienced a console launch before. Or if they are at all aware of market trends or game development. Shit takes time. And next year we already have three megatons in the form of Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, and Gran Turismo 7. 

And even if we are pretending that only exclusives that are this-gen exclusive, we still get Demon's Souls Remastered, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Deathloop, Returnal, and Astro's Playroom. And while I don't count them because they were poorly reviewed, Destruction All-Stars and Godfall (Which eventually got a Ps4 port). So yeah, by any metric, be it review scores (quality) or numbers (quantity) or sales, PS5 is absolutely killing it. 

I know I keep harping on about the same points, but they're VERY effective, fact-based points that certain people just outright seem to be ignoring or disregarding so they can self-justify not getting a Ps5 (or protecting themselves because they want one and can't get one and are thus scorned to the point of retaliation). Either way, PS5's first year has been great. Switch's first year was great. Gaming is, as I have said before, in a modern golden era and I won't hear any less. Just because Activision and EA are super bad for loot boxes and equally shitty monetization doesn't mean that like 75% of the rest of the industry isn't doing phenomenally well.

And holy shit critics missed the mark on Ghost of Tsushima. Easily a 90+ game, from what I can tell. No idea why it got 83 on its initial console release. Easily Spider-Man levels of quality or better. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Damn I was thinking Deathloop was going to be around a 7ish average. I had completely tuned it out, and figured I would play it in a year or so on Gamepass. We these high reviews I may have to change my mind on that.

People are wanting MS to open their checkbooks more.

I'm running out of money, Sony!

Not only did we already get DeathLoop and F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch this month, we're still getting Kena (September 20th) and Death Stranding (Sept 24th). I know there are a few games coming out in October, too. There's also Tribes of Midgard and Destruction All-Stars,but I don't add them to the list because they're sub-75 and thus not selling any consoles.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX