By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:

So what did people think of the PlayStation showcase? I'm gonna' be so happy when Deathloop releases since they'll finally shut up talking about it and showing it off, I've seen waaaaay too much of it to even care at this point. Other than that I was satisfied with what they showed... if anyone wants to post some trailers in here I'll update the OP (Typing this from my phone so it'll be later when I get onto my PC)

I was kinda bored. It was exactly what I expected, and while Project EVE and Wolverine were nice reveals, we knew about or could easily have figured out everything else. That's cool, but not exciting. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Only caught the end 10 minutes though I skimmed through the conference and looks like I didn't miss much apart from KOTOR remake in the first half. There was a lot of stuff that was already announced. But the end quarter was damn good. Solid 7/10

Also was expected to be blown away by GoW graphics but nope. It does look a little better than the 2018 release though that shouldn't come as a surprise. Wolverine and Spiderman announcements won the day though and Insomniac carrying the conference lol. Forspoken looks decent too but could have shown more of that instead of the other stuff.

Last edited by hinch - on 09 September 2021

I'll have to catch up and watch it later tonight.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

God of War Ragnarok -

Spiderman 2 -

Wolverine -

KOTOR remake -

Gran Turismo 7 -

Forspoken -

Some details on Forspoken and Wolverine.

Around the Network

A really good presentation, 8.5 in my book.
Main point, it showed that Playstation is king, IMHO, today's presentation, + the other presentations of the year, dwarfed with ease the competition.
I would have liked to see more gameplay, CG doesn't go down too well, but the potential is there.

Just started watching the show, I had to stop when I saw this.  NSFW .  This is from one of the first games shown and it caught my eye.  Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?

Spoiler!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Yeah I mean, from the short teaser it looks like its going to be a violent game. And Wolverine with his razor sharp Adamantium claws are bound to cause a lot of grievous bodily harm, damage and decapitations. The 'cutting-edge' gameplay somehow gives it away. However yeah, you're right we've not seen an M rated game from Insomniac. They might get some hints from the guys at Naughtydog for all we know lol, and or Santamonica Studios. In either case super excited for this one.

And also for Spiderman 2. With freeken Venom! (My favourite villain ever).

Spiderman 2 getting more views than GoW. That games gonna be huge.

Bristow9091 said:
hinch said:

Some details on Forspoken and Wolverine.

I'm very curious about the Wolverine game, since in my mind I'm expecting something akin to (Old Man) Logan, so bloodshed and mature violence... something Insomniac isn't exactly known for, lol. I've not played The Last of Us Part 2 yet but if they can aim for that kind of violence or higher then I think I'll be pretty satisfied... obviously it's not a requirement for a Wolverine game to have such violence, but it sure would be nice, and I'd like to think I'm not alone in thinking that, lol.

I believe they will do something more "down to earth".
A model similar to the one seen in Last of Us makes sense, and a wolverine with limited regeneration powers ("oldman logan" style) would be an interesting side to explore.
Wolverine doesn't work as an "overpower" hero of video games anymore, his powers (which I find kind of boring and generic) and abilities don't go well with this line of play... but something more like "last of Us" with a cruel, violent world and more along the lines of "almost realistic" go very well with Wolverine.
As you said yourself, Insomniac is not known for making this type of game, but they are a high quality studio, this project does have potential.