By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:
Otter said:

Meanwhile, I really do not have faith that the games Sony pegged for 2021 like GOW/GT7 would have made it even without Covid. But that's just me.

See, I do believe the God of War sequel could've made it without COVID, but Gran Turismo 7? Absolutely not... Polyphony Digital are great at what they do, but damn they take forever lol :P The problem I see with God of War now though, is that we may see another delay from it, since Horizon has been pushed into 2022 and I don't think they'll want to release them too close together. 

Overall it doesn't bother me since I'm still waaaaay behind on my backlog anyway, so it'll be a good year or so after release before I play either game most likely, unless they come out around my birthday or Christmas and I ask nicely :P 

I would be willing to bet: 

Horizon: the Forbidden West - March/April 2022

Gran Turismo 7 - September/October 2022

God of War Ragnarok - November 2022

That puts plenty of space between the kiiiiiinda similar games in Horizon and God of War (not that similar but they both court a similar crowd), with Gran Turismo lodged in there as counter-programming. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:

See, I do believe the God of War sequel could've made it without COVID, but Gran Turismo 7? Absolutely not... Polyphony Digital are great at what they do, but damn they take forever lol :P The problem I see with God of War now though, is that we may see another delay from it, since Horizon has been pushed into 2022 and I don't think they'll want to release them too close together. 

Overall it doesn't bother me since I'm still waaaaay behind on my backlog anyway, so it'll be a good year or so after release before I play either game most likely, unless they come out around my birthday or Christmas and I ask nicely :P 

That puts plenty of space between the kiiiiiinda similar games in Horizon and God of War (not that similar but they both court a similar crowd), with Gran Turismo lodged in there as counter-programming. 

Hopefully not. God of War will be over a year out and thats sooooooo far away. Better be like Summer 2022 or something lol.

Yeah, I'm not personally fussed about the end-year schedule. My line up is looking like:

Psychonauts 2,
Kena,
Returnal (when its on sale),
Cyberpunk & Witcher 3 PS5 versions (haven't played Cyberpunk and never got pass the beginning of Witcher)

hinch said:
Runa216 said:

Hopefully not. God of War will be over a year out and thats sooooooo far away. Better be like Summer 2022 or something lol.

Shouldn't be too long before we find out, but now that the pressure of hitting 2021 is gone and Horizon looks like its going to be the Q1 2022 heavy hitter, I can definitely see the team allowing themselves more time to polish the game as much as possible as opposed to rushing it. For example, Insomniac did amazing things delivering Ratchet & Spiderman on schedule but I also feel like those games were that tiny bit buggier than Sonys usual 1st party standards

Jup should find out some more info in the Sony's next PlayStation event.. which is rumoured to be this month. At the moment we don't really have any concrete dates for the big releases.. since a lot has been delayed. Which tbf, is to be expected due to Covid and all that. Though will be nice to know.

I personally didn't come across any bugs in those two games apart from one in Ratchet where it froze when loading a new level. But yeah, more time to polish games. I guess I'm just impatient and GoW Ragnarok is the one a few upcoming games I'm genuinely hyped for.

Around the Network

am I the only one who wishes there were FEWER games they want to play? I love games, but I don't have time for them all. whenever I hear that Kena or Horizon were delayed, I breathe a sigh of relief because now I have more time to play Ghost of Tsushima or FFVII Remake

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure we have seem, and have seem from other publishers. And 2020/2021 most titles have suffered several delays due to COVID-19 and you know it. Sony still do plenty partnership for smaller games, and already have said their strategy for first party is AAA games, so not sure of  what you are really complaining (besides Q4 have been a time when Sony haven`t released many games).

From your list Concrete Genie isn`t AAA, Death Stranging and Returnal (at that moment) aren`t first party. Not incommon to see years with more titles than others, and with the number of studios Sony have and time to develop games 2 games per year isn`t that much unexpected.

Let's not mistake every opinion as a complaint. I see value in the AA games which can be more frequent releases than the massive AAA, and I think the curation of titles published by sony, where Sony owns the IP and informs its development is distinct from those where Sony just buys timed exclusivity. Meanwhile, I really do not have faith that the games Sony pegged for 2021 like GOW/GT7 would have made it even without Covid. But that's just me.

If you think they need more studios to do AA games, is because you aren`t satisfied with whatever they have now, so your opinion is in fact a criticism, that doesn`t mean it is bad or wrong (although it is clearly not what Sony intends to do).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Oooo just got an email and got accepted for the PS5 test firmware.. Finally time to expand internal storage!

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

Let's not mistake every opinion as a complaint. I see value in the AA games which can be more frequent releases than the massive AAA, and I think the curation of titles published by sony, where Sony owns the IP and informs its development is distinct from those where Sony just buys timed exclusivity. Meanwhile, I really do not have faith that the games Sony pegged for 2021 like GOW/GT7 would have made it even without Covid. But that's just me.

If you think they need more studios to do AA games, is because you aren`t satisfied with whatever they have now, so your opinion is in fact a criticism, that doesn`t mean it is bad or wrong (although it is clearly not what Sony intends to do).

Criticism is necessarily not a complaint, it can also be an observation on how something can improved or would benefit from x,y or z ;) 

The PSVR news about receiving AAA titles is news to my ears. Every now and again you do need VR first experiences (ala Half life alex), but I think having big games like GT7 be immediately VR Compatible is also hugely important to getting it off its feet. It also means I'm less worried team Asobi's next game is going to be VR exclusive