By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

Ah, in that case give up now. It was easily the longest and hardest platinum trophy I ever got. I love the game, but I do NOT recommend going for 100% in the game. One trophy requires 70 gold medals in missions (You replay the missions), and that cost me two controllers, it was so frustrating. Do not do it. 

Yeah, I got the platinum for the original on PS3, it also had like 45 gold medals or so, and some completely bugged that I had to do multiple times, lol.

Not to mention the online trophies with my shitty 50kbps internet connection that made either me or other players a ghost most of the time making things almost impossible.

I'm pretty sure I can and will want to platinum 2 as well, but I need to get into the game mood before, so really dunno when I'll even try it.

No worries tho, I'm used to play games way after they release, having a console during its gen was a first to me with the PS4.

Oh, 'multiple times' is an understatement. I sat there for 8 hours straight trying to do one medal because it required you to not take any damage during a fist fight...where you are fighting a dude with a knife and therefore cannot block. Which happens like 20 minutes into the mission. And you can't use checkpoints because that heals you and most of the medals requires you to not use healing items and apparently that counts. 

I love this game. I could lose myself in it for weeks at a time and will again when it's released on PS5, but holy hell I do NOT recommend going for 100%, it will just make you resent it. If you have the guts, the game is truly amazing, but I do not want you hating it because the 100% requirement is absurd. 

Also, look forward to 50-100 hours online. Since that is ALSO required for the platinum. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
twintail said:

We need a BP acquisition announcement today. And then MGS remake announcement tomorrow!!

Yessss! Would be a hell of a 1-2 punch! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:

I hate games asking for online trophies for the platinum, it just make then not future proof and well, requires PS Plus now, which I do have, but sucks nonetheless.

I wish Sony would ban those trophies from platinum requirements for all games that are not fully online to begin with.

IT's not a Sony game, it's a Take-Two/Rockstar game and they determine what the trophies are. Sony games rarely have online trophies (I think Uncharted and The Last of Us do, but most other games are either singleplayer or the multiplayer was separate and thus had its own mini-trophy list like Ghost of Tsushima Legends)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Sony Group (Nextorage) to release M.2 SSD at 7GB/s, PCIE 4.0 (1TB~£165 // 2TB~£320)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sony-group-nextorage-to-release-m-2-ssd-at-7gb-s-pcie-4-0-1tb-%C2%A3165-2tb-%C2%A3320.1612625/

" Nextorage Co., Ltd.  , a memory / storage business under the Sony Group , will release the NVMe M.2 SSD "NEM-H" series with PCI Express 4.0 x4 connection on Amazon on the 21st. The price is an open price, and the estimated retail price is 25,190 yen for the 1TB model and 48,560 yen for the 2TB model."

This has to be for the PS5 as well as PC is what I am thinking. Maybe they will finally update the ps5 to enable that secondary ssd slot at the same time this releases. £320 for 2TB Gen 4 is actually quite good pricing as it's slightly cheaper than a 980 Pro.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I finished both stories in Scarlet Nexus. It's my front runner for GOTY atm.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Found some old PS5 captures I never uploaded.

Captain_Yuri said:

Sony Group (Nextorage) to release M.2 SSD at 7GB/s, PCIE 4.0 (1TB~£165 // 2TB~£320)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sony-group-nextorage-to-release-m-2-ssd-at-7gb-s-pcie-4-0-1tb-%C2%A3165-2tb-%C2%A3320.1612625/

" Nextorage Co., Ltd.  , a memory / storage business under the Sony Group , will release the NVMe M.2 SSD "NEM-H" series with PCI Express 4.0 x4 connection on Amazon on the 21st. The price is an open price, and the estimated retail price is 25,190 yen for the 1TB model and 48,560 yen for the 2TB model."

This has to be for the PS5 as well as PC is what I am thinking. Maybe they will finally update the ps5 to enable that secondary ssd slot at the same time this releases. £320 for 2TB Gen 4 is actually quite good pricing as it's slightly cheaper than a 980 Pro.

I've personally believed this was going to happen as soon as I saw what MS was offering for extra storage vs PS. Why wait so long to approve drives that look to be capable of working in a PS5?

Maybe I'm way off base, but if I were SNY, as soon as I knew about the XB expansion drive, I would've started work on our own NVME SSD. Why let all the third parties gobble up the profits since many will want a storage upgrade? (though many won't want to pay the high price even for instant loading early on)

As long as the drive was performance worthy, and fell in line with the rest of the Gen 4 NVME drive costs, as well as the XB SSD drive cost, SNY would be able to sell a lot of these over the span of the generation. 

SNY could have PS branded 1TB and 2TB PS5 Nextorage editions in a highly recommended section above the rest of the third party options listed as well, but then people in the know will automatically assume SNY has been holding out this entire time for this very reason, and may stir up some controversy.

If I had to guess, SNY will just put the Nextorage drive at the top of the list of third party drives that are accepted by PS. Being the #1 recommended drive would be more than enough to make themselves the main drive sales, if the price is right, while being able to pretend like they didn't wait this whole time to cash in like XB is.

The product pics show it in an AMD APU or CPU coincidentally. One of the pics has a card in the lower GPU slot though it's hard to tell if it's a GPU or not. The fact that the AMD APU/CPU is clearly evident might be a hint to the tie to PS5 perhaps.

I'll also mention, there's talk elsewhere that some think the Nextorage drive is using an existing high end Phison controller, and the part/model number coincidentally starts with PS5***** etc. This was actually brought up by somebody on VGC quite a while ago in another thread as a joke. If it's true it'll be hilarious.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 10 July 2021

So I'm here to say that Watch Dogs Legion became a very good game with Aiden and Wrench on it. And the game looks better on my PS5 (60fps mode) than my very good PC, I'm impressed. Will post in the future some screenshots.

Captain_Yuri said:

For me compared to the price of the console this is quite expensive, but I certainly understand why they cost so much. Won`t be something I`ll be looking to buy so soon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

IT's not a Sony game, it's a Take-Two/Rockstar game and they determine what the trophies are. Sony games rarely have online trophies (I think Uncharted and The Last of Us do, but most other games are either singleplayer or the multiplayer was separate and thus had its own mini-trophy list like Ghost of Tsushima Legends)

The thing is, Sony is the one behind the trophy system, if they make devs unable to set online trophies as requirements for the platinum, and just that, they could do it easily.

From what I know trophies in PS and achievement in Xbox are generally the same. Sure Sony could cut out and make that platinum can`t depend of online/multiplayer, but don`t think they will ever do that, even more since they make good money out of ps+. I`m already satisfied they don`t force it on 1st party anymore (at least for most titles).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."