By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

I always christen my new consoles with a SEGA sticker.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm uncertain for Ghostwires initial success, but if they adapt it for PSVR2, I think that could give it a second lease of live.

Last edited by Otter - on 25 March 2022

So they will charge what you can do for free on PS4? FFS. Charge to stream

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

So they will charge what you can do for free on PS4? FFS. Charge to stream

They are essentially doing away with PS Now and adding it to PS Plus as tiers. As in, with current PS Now you have access to legacy PS2 and 3 games by streaming. Plus other games for PS4. I'd also assume they'll add more games and include PS5 games on there too. If I had to make a guess its going be something like this -

Tier 1 - PS Plus

Tier 2 - PS Plus + PS Now games (PS4+PS5+PSVR)

Tier 3 - PS Plus + PS Now games, Streaming service (PS1, PS2, PS3l) + paid demos (lol?)

Putting demo's behind a pay wall is kinda weird though ngl. Actually, doesn't make much considering that its use case lol. But Sony do have their strange business strategies.

Last edited by hinch - on 25 March 2022

Around the Network

I think PlayStation Spartacus could be a GamePass competitor without Day One games based on the pricing as well as the library of games:

Tier 1: PS Plus, $10 a month, $60 annually, maybe add PS Video Pass as an extra perk
Tier 2: PS Plus + PS Now, $13 a month, $120 annually, it includes an extensive library of PS1, PS2, PSP games available to download or stream
Tier 3: PS Plus + PS Now + Extended Demos, $15 a month, $150 annually, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 games, and select PS5 titles 

Interesting ^ Cheers. That makes sense, add a few more games to PS+ monthly sub.

Would be great if they do that. I was gutted that Sony left out PS1 games on PSN store since the PS4. Hopefully we get downloadable emulated games vs them being tied only to PS+ T3.

twintail said:

Would be ideal, but all info supports the BC being tier 3.

So tier 2 is PS Now , and tier 3 is PS Now +

Yeah, I agree, I'm just holding out hope Sony is willing to be competitive lol. 

the-pi-guy said:

- Spartacus reveal 
- GoW SoP/ PlayStation showcase 
- Major acquisition 

twintail said:
PotentHerbs said:

- Spartacus reveal 
- GoW SoP/ PlayStation showcase 
- Major acquisition 

I don't think there's any way he knows about an acquisition. Those by their very nature are known only to a select few. 

I think at best these 3 items are somehow related to one another. PS+ rebranding, MLB/ Lego SW as day 1 on the new service, PS1/ PS2/ PS3 games are all downloadable.

of course, I'm all for bigger things, and would be 100% behind your 3 items!

Unless you believe VGCgoers that swear Sony and MS know about the purchase of others and are always doing bidding for the pubs and devs, and of course leakers know about those several months in advance as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."