By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:

It came at 10am this morning, yay!

First impressions are REALLY positive, especially with the controller... first thing I tried was Astro's Playroom and honestly it sold me on the triggers and rumble so much! Just using R2 to open the gacha pods by squeezing a bit at a time until it cracks feels SO satisfying! Can't wait to see how they're used in other games!

Also for the haptic stuff, it's so weird because like, in Astro's Playroom in the ice level, when you're ice skating... it's sort of like, if you could feel sounds... the feeling in your hands is exactly how I'd imagine it based on the sound of skating across ice... if that even makes sense lol. It's hard to explain but I was VERY impressed!

It's kinda hard to explain to people who haven't experienced it, but folks who have played it know...we know...exactly what you are talking about. It really is transformative and it really is one of the things that sets the console apart. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

It seems that the speedrunner MentalToast just finished Returnal in 5 minutes. Yep 5 FRIKIN MINUTES.

Whilst I’m still stuck at biome 1 after 50 or more deaths

:(

CloudxTifa said:

Another win for Sony baby. 

Around the Network

I'd would say its probably going to be FFVII Remake Part 2 xP But this is SE we're talking about.. and they take their sweet time with anything mainline FF based. With Intergrade releasing next month it makes sense to announce the new game at E3.

Edit:

Rumoured to be a souls like game made by SE and Team Ninja? Interesting colab if true.

Last edited by hinch - on 22 May 2021

twintail said:
hinch said:

I'd would say its probably going to be FFVII Remake Part 2 xP But this is SE we're talking about.. and they take their sweet time with anything mainline FF based. With Intergrade releasing next month it makes sense to announce the new game at E3.

Edit:

Rumoured to be a souls like game made by SE and Team Ninja? Interesting colab if true.

As long as it doesn't end up having a stamina system like Nioh, then I'm interested.

I think we all should boycott stamina system.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Anyone else remember the FFXII tech demo that leaked. Game got cancelled but this is sounding quite similar

Bristow9091 said:

On another note, I played and finished Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty today and then moved right onto A Crack in Time... this game has no right being made all the way back in 2009, graphically and artistically it still looks gorgeous! It also seems a whole lot more ambitious than previous games, especially with how the space sections play out, and all the little moons you can land on for goodies. I've only given it maybe less than two hours before putting it down though, since I didn't take a break after playing QFB and after about five or so hours I sort of need a rest, lol.

It'll probably take me until the end of the week to finish the game at the rate I take things, then I think I'll play something else before moving onto Nexus, don't want to burn myself out. Thinking of playing Miles Morales inbetween, or maybe I'll play Resident Evil 7, since I need to play that before I can play Resident Evil 8 that came with my PS5 lol... it's weird how I've spent more time playing in the last week since I got my PS5 than the last month or two combined... yet I've only played one game on PS5 lol. I think it's just that the excitement of a new console has me wanting to work through my backlog so I can start using it properly!

Oh you sweet summer child...you have so many great games to play. You have so many fantastic experiences ahead of you. Keep us up to date, and of all the above I think A Crack in Time is the best game. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I wonder how much did Returnal sell.