By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Nice. Still going to stick with my current version on PC, have a crap tonne of mods already that will be broken with the new update.

Around the Network

"But what about all the incredible creations already released for the game? That's where The elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition comes in. Releasing on November 11th, Skyrim Anniversary Edition comes bundled with ALL previously released Creation Club Creations, Along with the four free creations, of course. Anniversary Edition gives you a HEAP of additional content to dive into..." Then it goes on to detail a bunch of the features that the creation club gives you.

"We'll also be bringing a tonne of new creation club content to the anniversary edition...These new creations, along with all the other content we've mentioned today all come bundled in the Skyrim Anniversary Edition."

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm apparently still confused, though.

"You can upgrade the Special Edition to the Anniversary Edition and it has a free next-generation upgrade from the PS4 and Xbox One to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. " So when are we getting a price for that, then? I already own all the creation club stuff and....why is this so confusing? why can't they just explain it?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

https://youtu.be/JldMvQMO_5U?t=843

So that Elden Ring demo looked pretty swanky, eh? IT's,...Souls but with a Zelda-feeling overworld. you know, the main over world is open world and free to explore, but the dungeons are their own self-contained things? It also looks like it cribs a bit from Sekrio in terms of player progression and movement and stealth.

Any game that takes influence from Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/Bloodborne for its design philosophy, Sekiro for its stealth and traversal, and Zelda for its world design is a game that's for me. Feb 2022 is going to be STACKED with this and Horizon: Forbidden West coming out.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I'm so sad, I keep trying to return to Ghost of Tsushima because I REALLY want to beat it but it's just soooooooo damn loooooooong. I was done with this game 15 hours ago and I'm not even half done. I got 22% of the trophies and haven't even done the DLC!

And, like, the part that bothers me the most is that there are no individual elements of the game I don't like. I like the stealth, I like the writing, I like the world building, I like the level design and aesthetics, I like the combat a LOT, I like the traversal mechanics, I like the progression system, etc. I like each individual aspect of the game well enough and I think it's well balanced and fun! I really do! but, like...say you're having an absolutely amazing steak and you love it, but like, it's the size of a dinner plate and three inches thick. It's good but hot damn there's too much of it. even the best games have a limit. That's why I Felt that, while I personally loved Red Dead Redemption II, I understood why many thought it was too long. That's why I understand why some people say that Breath of the WIld's map is too large. That's why I also personally feel it's a GOOD thing that Pokemon Sword/Shield don't have the full 900 Pokemon national dex. At a certain point, it's too much.

Ghost of Tsushima hit that point right after I finished the first of the three islands. when I started the game, I saw that first area and thought 'wow, that's a lot bigger than I expected, that's entirely too big' only to find out it was like 1/3 of the total map, not including Iki Island. I just...I like the game, but I really don't see myself beating it. I was going for the platinum trophy but I don't even have it in me to just BEAT the game, let alone complete it. and it feels so bad because I WANT to, but at a certain point it feels like a game just isn't respecting your time. that's where I'm at here. Literally the exact same game but like 1/4 the size/length would have been a damn near perfect game. As it stands, I got bored ages ago, I was ready to move on at the end of act 1.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

I'm so sad, I keep trying to return to Ghost of Tsushima because I REALLY want to beat it but it's just soooooooo damn loooooooong. I was done with this game 15 hours ago and I'm not even half done. I got 22% of the trophies and haven't even done the DLC!

And, like, the part that bothers me the most is that there are no individual elements of the game I don't like. I like the stealth, I like the writing, I like the world building, I like the level design and aesthetics, I like the combat a LOT, I like the traversal mechanics, I like the progression system, etc. I like each individual aspect of the game well enough and I think it's well balanced and fun! I really do! but, like...say you're having an absolutely amazing steak and you love it, but like, it's the size of a dinner plate and three inches thick. It's good but hot damn there's too much of it. even the best games have a limit. That's why I Felt that, while I personally loved Red Dead Redemption II, I understood why many thought it was too long. That's why I understand why some people say that Breath of the WIld's map is too large. That's why I also personally feel it's a GOOD thing that Pokemon Sword/Shield don't have the full 900 Pokemon national dex. At a certain point, it's too much.

Ghost of Tsushima hit that point right after I finished the first of the three islands. when I started the game, I saw that first area and thought 'wow, that's a lot bigger than I expected, that's entirely too big' only to find out it was like 1/3 of the total map, not including Iki Island. I just...I like the game, but I really don't see myself beating it. I was going for the platinum trophy but I don't even have it in me to just BEAT the game, let alone complete it. and it feels so bad because I WANT to, but at a certain point it feels like a game just isn't respecting your time. that's where I'm at here. Literally the exact same game but like 1/4 the size/length would have been a damn near perfect game. As it stands, I got bored ages ago, I was ready to move on at the end of act 1.

Take a break and come back later. Took me almost a year to get through it. Broke it up into major chunks of the islands.

TallSilhouette said:
Runa216 said:

Take a break and come back later. Took me almost a year to get through it. Broke it up into major chunks of the islands.

That's what I did, I took a bit of a break for a couple months, played some Pokemon and Zelda and Dark Souls and Back 4 Blood....but when I got back to it I was like 'man, can this be done now?'

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:

That's what I did, I took a bit of a break for a couple months, played some Pokemon and Zelda and Dark Souls and Back 4 Blood....but when I got back to it I was like 'man, can this be done now?'

I took some breaks as well. More, shorter breaks, but it was needed. It wasn't until I got into the third act where the game really started to pull me back in hardcore and had me playing overtime to finish it. Once it was over and I chilled finding leftover collectibles, I actually wanted more story.

I wasn't hyped about Legends, but tried it after anyway, and was relatively pleased. That went on for a bit then I finally moved on. Then shared GoT with a friend, only to find out not that long after, IKI DLC was coming and wanted to get back into it asap. lol. 

I guess you could say the game is a little bit of a roller coaster, though not one that get's boring and dull for a while, one that's just a really long ride no matter how pleasingly fun and exciting it is. The game does have a unique underlying high intensity that even the haiku and shrine side missions can't entirely mellow out.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 05 November 2021

EricHiggin said:

I took some breaks as well. More, shorter breaks, but it was needed. It wasn't until I got into the third act where the game really started to pull me back in hardcore and had me playing overtime to finish it. Once it was over and I chilled finding leftover collectibles, I actually wanted more story.

I wasn't hyped about Legends, but tried it after anyway, and was relatively pleased. That went on for a bit then I finally moved on. Then shared GoT with a friend, only to find out not that long after, IKI DLC was coming and wanted to get back into it asap. lol. 

I guess you could say the game is a little bit of a roller coaster, though not one that get's boring and dull for a while, one that's just a really long ride no matter how pleasingly fun and exciting it is. The game does have a unique underlying high intensity that even the haiku and shrine side missions can't entirely mellow out.

I suppose I'll keep with it, then. Like I said, there's no element of the game I don't like, there's no one aspect of the game I think it does poorly, so it's not like I don't enjoy what I play, I just kinda wish I could move onto something else. I don't feel right returning to Horizon or FFVII Remake until I am done with this. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
EricHiggin said:

I suppose I'll keep with it, then. Like I said, there's no element of the game I don't like, there's no one aspect of the game I think it does poorly, so it's not like I don't enjoy what I play, I just kinda wish I could move onto something else. I don't feel right returning to Horizon or FFVII Remake until I am done with this. 

I got that way more so with HZD, though it was mostly my fault. I spent quite a lot of time wandering for collectibles and hunting dino's just for kicks and it made the game feel like it dragged on too much when it wouldn't have, if I had just focused on the main story and side missions. I was having a blast with the photo mode though, so that in a way made up for it. I felt the same way. There was little I could complain about with HZD, but it was taking up a lot of my time. When I was done with it however, I was pleased and ready to move on as I typically only play one game at a time.

Gotta hand it to SNY. They haven't been skimping on content, as great as it is, that's for sure.