By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

twintail said:
KLXVER said:

The Callisto Protocol is pretty much unplayable on the PS4. The framerate is really bad and it looks like a PS2 game at times. I cant believe they released it in this state. Was really looking forward to this, but now I probably have to wait until I get a PS5 because Im getting a headache from this shitty version.

That's disappointing. We're talking worse than Control?

Never played that on PS4, so I dont know, but it cant possibly be much worse.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
twintail said:

That's disappointing. We're talking worse than Control?

I found Control to be tolerable enough on a base PS4 and ultimately really enjoyed it. So if CP is similar, then that would be ok for me.

twintail said:
KLXVER said:

I found Control to be tolerable enough on a base PS4 and ultimately really enjoyed it. So if CP is similar, then that would be ok for me.

Put in the disc to try something and now theres a 20GB update file. Ill let you know how it goes.

Sony reiterates that production is improving faster than planned:

"Already"

twintail said:
KLXVER said:

Its running fine now. Had some troubles with my internet connection yesterday, so I guess it didnt download the day 1 patch. But it works fine after downloading that

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

Callisto Protocol is definitely making the news rounds today. Looks like it needed a little more time in the oven but still the animations and visuals are getting a lot of praise. It reviewed best on PS5 and after watching the DF video I can understand why. Maybe the devs reached out to Sony to explain they needed some help finishing the game? Since they have the marketing rights maybe that's why they sent the additional 150 devs to help out.

Looking at the final product overview, DF states PS5 is the superior version in all aspects of visuals, ray tracing, performance, (Xbox series X dips to 22fps on quality mode) loading, 3D audio and Haptics. Also the PC version has a lot of stutter and seems to be broken as well. Looks like PS5 is the way to go for this game.

Some people online might call this or other Playstation affiliated games "clunky" but it only shows their bias as they're stuck with inferior versions at launch.

I honestly dont understand how calling out a dev for an inferior version or a "Broken" game being biased. If a game has problem then the devs deserve and need to be called out on that fact.

I have not yet played the game on PC but if its broken thats down to the devs.

PotentHerbs said:
DonFerrari said:

I don't remember who was in each location, but the only zerkers besides the king that were problematic was the duo and the trio. Have you maximized your equip? It do make things a lot more doable.

That's who I'm talking about lol! 

I haven't maximized everything yet. Initially, I was going through each location and finishing all the side quests/boss fights, then moving on to another, but I'm currently stumped at that fight. Going to leave it as one of the last battles to do, it's for the best lol.

Having my weapons maximized and armor as well did help a lot, although the trio we killed on level 6 equip (that was quite problematic).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Tried out Returnal for a few hours.

It's definitely one of the most difficult games I've played in a while. The gameplay is smooth, the dodging and traversal feel great, but the haptic feedback is absolutely masterful. I think its one of the few games that surpass Astro's Playroom when it comes to utilizing the controller.

Honestly, gaming discourse is just so exhausting some times. Now I'm getting into arguments about people saying Sonic Frontiers is better than both God of War and Elden Ring, while other people are saying God of War 'plays itself' or is 'barely more than an interactive movie'. I just. I can't anymore, guys. These arguments are so bad I don't even begin to know where to start. Dealing with gamers is so exhausting; way too much of the community is toxic as hell. 

PotentHerbs said:

It's definitely one of the most difficult games I've played in a while. The gameplay is smooth, the dodging and traversal feel great, but the haptic feedback is absolutely masterful. I think its one of the few games that surpass Astro's Playroom when it comes to utilizing the controller.

Yeah, and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is real good, too! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Honestly, gaming discourse is just so exhausting some times. Now I'm getting into arguments about people saying Sonic Frontiers is better than both God of War and Elden Ring, while other people are saying God of War 'plays itself' or is 'barely more than an interactive movie'. I just. I can't anymore, guys. These arguments are so bad I don't even begin to know where to start. Dealing with gamers is so exhausting; way too much of the community is toxic as hell. 

PotentHerbs said:

Yeah, and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is real good, too! 

The "Sony games are movies" is just baseless console warring, when you come across it just move on.

There is nothing else you can do, just leave them be.

Gná, like Sigrún during GoW4, was one of the most challenging battles I've faced on a game, including the Souls series.

I can only remember that damn Darklurker on Dark Souls 2 giving me similar trouble (haven't touched Sekiro or Elden Ring yet, tho). And it was one of the most unfair fights I've ever came across on a game, lol.