By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | January Plus Games Announced

BasilZero said:

Project Spartacus - I hope the rumor is true about the PS1/PS2/PS3 capability.

Even if it means currently owned physical or digital titles arent usable - I dont mind if there's forward compatibility.

Isn't it PSP and not PS3? 

The current emulator made by Studio Japan works on PS1 games (pa rappa and medievil), PS2 (the current PS2 games) and psp (loco roco, patapon).

That's my understanding. 

Granted PS3 is the dream... 

Around the Network

I have no idea when I will be able to get a PS5 due to how hard it is to buy one but I now have a Black controller and blue faceplates. Seems I have this area of my consoles becoming blue. Blue Dreamcast. Blue plate on my PS4. Blue Split pad pro on my Switch in the same corner.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
BasilZero said:

Project Spartacus - I hope the rumor is true about the PS1/PS2/PS3 capability.

Even if it means currently owned physical or digital titles arent usable - I dont mind if there's forward compatibility.

The current emulator made by Studio Japan works on PS1 games (pa rappa and medievil), PS2 (the current PS2 games) and psp (loco roco, patapon).

That's my understanding. 

it's so weird, I LOVE the PS3, but I just don't see myself ever going back to it. So weird, because I'm all about that Backwards Compatibility.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

twintail said:

That's my understanding. 

Not sure, but I wouldnt mind PSP either to be honest.

Runa216 said:

it's so weird, I LOVE the PS3, but I just don't see myself ever going back to it. So weird, because I'm all about that Backwards Compatibility.

I still play my PS3 lol - finished Tales of Xillia literally a month ago lol

Basil's YouTube Channel

I was playing Under Defeat on PS3 not long ago with a PS5 controller. Crazy.

Around the Network

BTW, I posted Death Race intro live action combat vehicle scene in (whatchu watchin? thread) , Twisted Metal TV is gonna be better because it will not be a race just pure combat carnage blood.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

SegaHeart said:

BTW, I posted Death Race intro live action combat vehicle scene in (whatchu watchin? thread) , Twisted Metal TV is gonna be better because it will not be a race just pure combat carnage blood.

Maybe. Current known info is the protagonist needs to deliver a package to someone. I dont think it's just going to be mayhem all the time.

Leynos said:

I was playing Under Defeat on PS3 not long ago with a PS5 controller. Crazy.

Does the Dualsense work with Sixaxis controls?

I'm currently using a Dualshock 4 with Mayflash NS to play my PS3 games since my PS3 controller stopped working properly last year.

Dont know if Sixaxis controls work on that....should test it on RE Chronicles I have before I start playing Sly Thieves in time (which I'm sure has sixaxis controls too).

Basil's YouTube Channel

Dual Sense works on PS3 but no extra features. Can't even use the home button.

I'm not very good in this game But I love this song so, I'll show another person playing. Rocky Studio loves Sony alot

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.