By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Interesting notes:

PS5:

- Sony produced 6.5 million PS5's, which is more than expected.

- Sony only shipped 3.3 million PS5s

- still aiming to exceed 18 million units this fiscal year (currently at 5.7)

SIE:

- Record breaking Q2 for revenue, but low profits (citing higher development costs, exchange rates)

PS+:

- PS Plus down 1.9 million subscribers, but subscribers are spending more money due to new tiers

PC: -

Spiderman biggest PC game for Sony.

Around the Network

It's a bummer seeing digital sales now being at 63%. Every quarter the number grows. Even Capcom reported this past quarter that 91.5% of their sales were digital.

The inevitable is fast approaching

the-pi-guy said:

Interesting notes:

PS5:

- Sony produced 6.5 million PS5's, which is more than expected.

- Sony only shipped 3.3 million PS5s

- still aiming to exceed 18 million units this fiscal year (currently at 5.7)

SIE:

- Record breaking Q2 for revenue, but low profits (citing higher development costs, exchange rates)

PS+:

- PS Plus down 1.9 million subscribers, but subscribers are spending more money due to new tiers

PC: -

Spiderman biggest PC game for Sony.

Did they report sales for Spiderman on PC? GoW 2018 is estimated to have sold around 3 million units on PC. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Did they report sales for Spiderman on PC? GoW 2018 is estimated to have sold around 3 million units on PC. 

No numbers, the exact wording was:
"In the two months since release, sales of Marvelʼs Spider-Man approached the highest level ever for a PC Software title released by Sony."

Maybe this just meant the first two months.

The GoW estimate was based on:

GoW has sold 23 million so far

Previous numbers were 20.4 million with 971k.  

So PC numbers are somewhere between 1m and 3.5m, probably ~3 million.

Overall, a good quarter for Sony. I'm sure they're expecting a big holiday boost. I imagine they won't be announcing anything new til The Game Awards at earliest (at this point). There's a lot of momentum their way lately.

Around the Network
twintail said:

Overall, a good quarter for Sony. I'm sure they're expecting a big holiday boost. I imagine they won't be announcing anything new til The Game Awards at earliest (at this point). There's a lot of momentum their way lately.

I really wish we'd have seen a PS Direct or State of Play or something. I know we have god of War and we all expect it to do gangbusters but I'd love to know what more's coming. 

2023's gonna be a huge year for all three. I hope my financial situation has corrected itself by then. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Anyone knows what Sony's hardware shipment records are for a single console in a Q4 (including/excluding launch) and a Q1?

Finally beat HFW with 50+ hours clocked. I think it may take an additional 10 - 15 hours to clean up and achieve the platinum.

Great game overall. One of the most immersive open world games I've played in a long time. Combat is tactful with a variety of weapons and tools at your disposal, the side quests and mission design are a lot more captivating than the original, stellar graphics and audio, good use of the adaptive triggers, interesting story with a ton of lore building done along the way.

There are a few things that could be improved, such as the melee combat, the restrictive platforming, and further deepening the RPG elements. There's also some odd pop ins when it comes to character dialogue or cutscenes, but nothing else that muddies the experience from a technical standpoint.

Ultimately, I'd give HFW a 9/10, the sequel has catapulted the Horizon franchise into one of my favorite IP's ever. 

Ouch. Sackboy not doing so hot on PC. Granted, Sony didn't do any marketing for this release till the last minute, charged a full $60, and released it only a week after releasing the Uncharted Collection. I know platformers aren't that big on PC and really never have been, but I was expecting numbers to be a little higher at least. All these numbers are only from Steam though, which Sony has released all of their PC ports on Epic Games Store too, but I think it's safe to assume that player numbers are always going to be higher on Steam. 

Sony probably should've released the Nathan Drake Collection first before releasing the Legacy of Thieves Collection as well tbh. To not have any story or character context going into Uncharted 4 and then play the spin-off that's after the events of Uncharted 4, as well as including a character that was in previous games, is not a great starting point. 

Miles Morales should pull some pretty big numbers when it releases.

Excited for Evil west and Gungrave Gore

Last edited by Leynos - on 02 November 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!