By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Sony should do Legend of Dragoon remake many people want it.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

That's a lot of BraLODs

gooch_destroyer said:
SegaHeart said:

That's a lot of BraLODs

We are many, we are BraLoD.

Sony you gotta remake your best game ever. Omega Boost. Capcom, give me a Strider collection. Konami, let Marvelous First Studio make ZOE3. SEGA let Platinum make a new Shinobi. Also, Capcom while Soulstice pretty much gave me what I wanted in all but name. I'd still be ok if you made a Berserk DMC but the Dragonslayer is a slightly slower action game. Oh, and new Mega man legends, please. One last request from Sony. Ape Escape remake. Thanks.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Tried to play Forbidden West like I usually play BOTW

Just went wild and check whatever pick my attention 

Didn't worked well

I come back playing like I usually played Zero Dawn, talking with questions NPCs and helping them, pretty much "cleaning" the area before proceeding the main quest. It's better that way, not only I explore every bit of map while doing the side quests and errant quests bit I also get items, upgrades and the world just become more interactive and engaging that way

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

Didn't worked well

I come back playing like I usually played Zero Dawn, talking with questions NPCs and helping them, pretty much "cleaning" the area before proceeding the main quest. It's better that way, not only I explore every bit of map while doing the side quests and errant quests bit I also get items, upgrades and the world just become more interactive and engaging that way

Side quests in HFW are vastly improved from the original. Not only are the rewards more worthwhile, but there is a lot more variety, with stories being more personable.

PotentHerbs said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Didn't worked well

I come back playing like I usually played Zero Dawn, talking with questions NPCs and helping them, pretty much "cleaning" the area before proceeding the main quest. It's better that way, not only I explained every bit of map while doing the side quests and errant quests bit I also get items, upgrades and the world just become more interactive and engaging that way

Side quests in HFW are vastly improved from the original. Not only are the rewards more worthwhile, but there is a lot more variety, with stories being more personable.

How’s the actual RPG aspect to HFW? I finished Zero Dawn earlier this year and haven’t been able to check FW yet, but the RPG aspect to Zero Dawn was a HUGE disappointment. It was more Action Adventure than Action RPG. 

I really enjoyed what Zero Dawn for sure, but I expected a lot more from what Sony was advertising as an Action RPG. I would love if that was vastly improved. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 10 October 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

How’s the actual RPG aspect to HFW? I finished Zero Dawn earlier this year and haven’t been able to check FW yet, but the RPG aspect to Zero Dawn was a HUGE disappointment. It was more Action Adventure than Action RPG. 

I really enjoyed what Zero Dawn for sure, but I expected a lot more from what Sony was advertising as an Action RPG. I would love if that was vastly improved. 

I'm about 20 hours in, and while a few RPG aspects of HFW have improved, its nowhere as deep or versatile as a game like Fallout 4.

Skill trees have been revamped, and while I can't say definitively, it does seem like you can't unlock every skill with a single playthrough, although you do get skill points from doing side quests. However, I feel like most builds won't really differ if you choose to focus on different skills. There isn't multiple pathways when it comes to side quests, very few NPC interactions that include branching dialogue, and lack of choices that impact the world. 

With all that said, HFW feels a lot more like an RPG than HZD, and there's definitely a lot of potential to turn Horizon into a deeper, and more flexible, WRPG experience.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Didn't worked well

Sometimes games are more enjoyable in different ways.

gtotheunit91 said:
PotentHerbs said:

For me it feels like Action Adventure with RPG elements

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I absolutely love that this whole Sony/Microsoft discourse over the Activision-Blizzard deal basically boils down to:

Sony - "Hey, it's kinda bullshit that Xbox can just BUY such huge companies and potentially take them away from the rest of the market."
Microsoft - "Please don't take this from us; we suck at making and marketing new games and this is the only way we'll ever have exclusives. You guys are immensely successful and will be fine, we NEED this to compete because we can't do it otherwise despite owning 23 dev teams already."

Like, I get that in a vaccuum it's petty for Sony execs to be whining about it but in actual reality...it really is hilarious that Xbox is so bad at making new games and giving people reason to get an Xbox that they have to buy two of the biggest publishers out there to even compete with Sony/Nintendo and STILL Feel like Sony/Nintendo will be ahead of them.

Personally I hope the deal goes through. Activision-Blizzard are a shit company with shit practices and a shitty work environment and I'd honestly rather their bullshit be taken off Playstation so I don't have to keep seeing all these ads for shooty bang-bang the 24th with all the loot boxes and microtransactions. Not to mention all the shoddy Blizzard shit.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android