By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | March Plus Games Announced

 

Which game are you most looking forward to?

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart 2 10.00%
 
Horizon Forbidden West 4 20.00%
 
God of War: Ragnarok 4 20.00%
 
Returnal 1 5.00%
 
Final Fantasy XVI 6 30.00%
 
Gran Turismo 7 0 0%
 
Resident Evil Village 1 5.00%
 
Kena: Bridge of Spirits 2 10.00%
 
Other 0 0%
 
Total:20
COKTOE said:
Replicant said:

Those assholes. They need to fix that. Will try to remember claiming January's games on PS4 to see if I have a similar problem.

And it's the same for you no matter where you try to claim them? I'm able to simply press "Add to Library" on both PS5, browser based ps store, and ps store in the new app.

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

Screw me, you're right! As promised, I claimed this month's PS+ games on PS4 and while it was possible to simply add GreedFall to library, I had to start a download in order to claim Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wonder if it comes down to specific publishers being assholes (Square Enix in this case and Activision in June and August) but no matter what the reason is, I agree with you that it's dumb. Use the store in the app or browser (or on PS5 when/if you get that) instead as you'll always just be able to add to library there.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 (can only be claimed by downloading).

GreedFall on PS4 (can be claimed without downloading – "Tilføj til bibliotek" means add to library).

Maneater (and all other games so far) can be claimed without downloading in the store in browser and app.
   

Regarding the issue where you have to write your password each time you want to claim a game, you just need to disable that feature.

Last edited by Replicant - on 05 January 2021

Around the Network
Replicant said:
COKTOE said:

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

Screw me, you're right! As promised, I claimed this month's PS+ games on PS4 and while it was possible to simply add GreedFall to library, I had to start a download in order to claim Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wonder if it comes down to specific publishers being assholes (Square Enix in this case and Activision in June and August) but no matter what the reason is, I agree with you that it's dumb. Use the store in the app or browser (or on PS5 when/if you get that) instead as you'll always just be able to add to library there.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 (can only be claimed by downloading).

Greedfall on PS4 (can be claimed without downloading – "Tilføj til bibliotek" means add to library).

Maneater (and all other games so far) can be claimed without downloading in the store in browser and app.
   

Regarding the issue where you have to write your password each time you want to claim a game, you just need to disable that feature.

And if you have children or anyone that use the console better to keep it active to prevent unwanted purchases.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

And if you have children or anyone that use the console better to keep it active to prevent unwanted purchases.

Exactly but then it's your own choice and you shouldn't really be confused as to why it requires password at checkout.

Coktoe mentioned that it was a hassle to write the password each time he wanted to claim a game. Simply disable it then.



Replicant said:
DonFerrari said:

And if you have children or anyone that use the console better to keep it active to prevent unwanted purchases.

Exactly but then it's your own choice and you shouldn't really be confused as to why it requires password at checkout.

Coktoe mentioned that it was a hassle to write the password each time he wanted to claim a game. Simply disable it then.

I didn't had it nor 2 step verification, until my son using PSVita bought couple games because he was to young to understand the difference between free, download and purchase. He was used with iPad where he would just download whatever since we never put credit card info there so if the content was paid he wouldn't be able to go ahead.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

You learn to deal with them but they are definitely very bad.

I know they like to make controls to feel somewhat heavy and for you to feel like doing the stuff you are doing is not easy at all for a human, but for even you to start running from enemies, or make normal turns while running, or for the game to detect you want to jump back instead of up, or for it to stop grabbing places where you can't climb Trick properly even as you definitely should be able to... it's honestly just bad design.

Could very well be the case, from memory I can't say if it was bad but I got used or if it was just different. For me for example the combat system and inputs used on Souls like are very bad (I do hate the stamina count and the gameplay around it), but others will say it is unique system =p but are they used to it so they don't notice or is the system really good but I'm the one that can't get used to it?

I was able to die during a cutscene!

The game runs most cutscenes in real time, and during the one Trico flies for the first time, when you grab it to flee away it instantly starts the cutscene, and apparently I grabbed it badly, but I couldn't see it as it was a cutscene, and the camera can also be horrendous, but when Trico hit the pillar in the cutscene after the short fly I must have feel from Trico, as it just loaded back as if I had died.

It was my second run and the game has a no death trophy... lol.

I also died right after a cutscene on the first run, during the first fight against the armors, because Trico woke up when I was in the bridge, with the armors behind me, and as he jumped to attack them he hit me and I fell from the bridge...

This game has major issues.



Around the Network
Replicant said:
COKTOE said:

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

Screw me, you're right! As promised, I claimed this month's PS+ games on PS4 and while it was possible to simply add GreedFall to library, I had to start a download in order to claim Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wonder if it comes down to specific publishers being assholes (Square Enix in this case and Activision in June and August) but no matter what the reason is, I agree with you that it's dumb. Use the store in the app or browser (or on PS5 when/if you get that) instead as you'll always just be able to add to library there.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 (can only be claimed by downloading).

GreedFall on PS4 (can be claimed without downloading – "Tilføj til bibliotek" means add to library).

Maneater (and all other games so far) can be claimed without downloading in the store in browser and app.
   

Regarding the issue where you have to write your password each time you want to claim a game, you just need to disable that feature.

Thank you for the tip. And yes, this issue, this dumb, dumb, DUMB issue is confined to the big publishers (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, SE), but Sony is complicit in bending the knee to their skittering overlords and allowing it. I'm GUESSING it's part of a GIVE MONEY NOW! initiative, and is being done so that people will ENGAGE in these games sooner, and thus be more likely to buy the DLC's and season passes in the games they are ENGAGING in, allowing these companies to please their gargoyle shareholders.

What a surprise that the loyal, paying customer would have a service intentionally made objectively worse. Especially in an age of such indoctrinated consumerism, where so many just roll over and continue to eat the slop they're fed and be happy to get it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go play Shadow Of War, which I got on Playstation Plus in November. S'great.



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Thank you for the tip. And yes, this issue, this dumb, dumb, DUMB issue is confined to the big publishers (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, SE), but Sony is complicit in bending the knee to their skittering overlords and allowing it. I'm GUESSING it's part of a GIVE MONEY NOW! initiative, and is being done so that people will ENGAGE in these games sooner, and thus be more likely to buy the DLC's and season passes in the games they are ENGAGING in, allowing these companies to please their gargoyle shareholders.

Bold: That's the reason. No doubt. Just really weird that it's only on PS4 and not on PS5, app, and browser.

COKTOE said:
I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time

So did you remember claiming through the app or browser this time?

Also, about password at checkout? You mentioned it was a hassle. Then disable it Cok!



DonFerrari said:
Replicant said:

Exactly but then it's your own choice and you shouldn't really be confused as to why it requires password at checkout.

Coktoe mentioned that it was a hassle to write the password each time he wanted to claim a game. Simply disable it then.

I didn't had it nor 2 step verification, until my son using PSVita bought couple games because he was to young to understand the difference between free, download and purchase. He was used with iPad where he would just download whatever since we never put credit card info there so if the content was paid he wouldn't be able to go ahead.

Haha, were the games any good?

PSV continues to be a solid machine for stuff like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, and Terraria. I prefer to play my Uncharteds, Killzones, Assassin's Creeds, and Wipeouts on the big screen so I haven't spent much time on its "AAA" titles.



Replicant said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn't had it nor 2 step verification, until my son using PSVita bought couple games because he was to young to understand the difference between free, download and purchase. He was used with iPad where he would just download whatever since we never put credit card info there so if the content was paid he wouldn't be able to go ahead.

Haha, were the games any good?

PSV continues to be a solid machine for stuff like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, and Terraria. I prefer to play my Uncharteds, Killzones, Assassin's Creeds, and Wipeouts on the big screen so I haven't spent much time on its "AAA" titles.

Don't remember, but I can tell you they weren't to my taste to I miraculously got an reimbursement from Sony since by luck I think I got it before my son downloaded.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hi,all. It's been a long while , since I posted on the site. I was lucky enough to get a ps5 disk system on Dec 30th.
If anyone wants too add me on ps5, animerealm is my psn is.
Hope everyone is doing good.



GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1