By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | March Plus Games Announced

Which game are you most looking forward to?

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart 2 10.00%

Horizon Forbidden West 4 20.00%

God of War: Ragnarok 4 20.00%

Returnal 1 5.00%

Final Fantasy XVI 6 30.00%

Gran Turismo 7 0 0%

Resident Evil Village 1 5.00%

Kena: Bridge of Spirits 2 10.00%

Other 0 0%

Total:20

Yeah I thought it was Switch exclusive as well until I saw this trailer. Pretty happy its on PS and PC as well. Now to decide which of the latter two to get it on lol.

Cool, must missed the Ninja Gaiden reveal. Nice, not played any of them.. Heard the games are hard AF!

Around the Network
hinch said:

Yeah I thought it was Switch exclusive as well until I saw this trailer. Pretty happy its on PS and PC as well. Now to decide which of the latter two to get it on lol.

Cool, must missed the Ninja Gaiden reveal. Nice, not played any of them.. Heard the games are hard AF!

I've only played the first one to completion and about half of the second, but the first was great and I really enjoyed what I played of the second too so it's something I'm looking forward to. My only gripe is they're using Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (And the first but that's fine), where they got rid of a ton of violence... basically in the original Ninja Gaiden 2 you chopped limbs off for days and they'd stay on the floor and there was a ton of blood and shit. For Sigma 2 they made it so limbs just disappear as soon as you swipe them, and blood was replaced with blue electricity for some reason... did it look "flashy"? Yes. Did it also make enemies look like robots? Also yes. But it was fun so meh. 

Can't go wrong with a hack and slash with Ninja/s tbf Sounds a bit like MK with all the decapitations but in an adventure game. Shame they're using the censored version, but hey now we're not part of the EU anymore maybe they can give us the 'Sigma Black' (uncut) version.

hinch said:

Can't go wrong with a hack and slash with Ninja/s tbf Sounds a bit like MK with all the decapitations but in an adventure game. Shame they're using the censored version, but hey now we're not part of the EU anymore maybe they can give us the 'Sigma Black' (uncut) version.

If I remember correctly it was some sort of stylistic choice, and also because the original version of Ninja Gaiden 2 had terrible slowdown on the X360 due to the blood and limbs staying around or something along those lines... oh well, like I said the game was fun so meh :P

hinch said:

Legend of Mana (Remaster) announced. Coming to PS4, PC, Switch on June 24.

That was one of my most pleasant surprises, and that looks amazing! I might get it on both (One for trophies/HD, one for mobile enjoyment)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network

Wow...I love the new poll on this thread. It reminded me how excited I am for the rest of 2021 on PS5! I voted for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, but you can't go wrong with ANY of those options.

My Hype Meter (out of 5 Stars) for each of the games:

***** - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
****- - Horizon: The Forbidden West
***** - God of War: Ragnarok
**--- - Returnal
***** - Final Fantasy XVI
----- - Gran Turismo 7
***** - Resident Evil: Village
****- - Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Returnal looks okay but I'll wait on reviews and fan feedback. I wasn't as big a fan of Horizon as others but I'm still really excited, I have zero interest in Gran Turismo as I am not into racing games outside of toony Kart Racers or the occasional off-road racer (Though I acknowledge that Gran Turismo is one of the most popular and best-selling racing franchises ever), and I am excited for Kena but since it's a new IP from an unproven studio, I gotta temper my expectations a bit.

As for the others, holy hell so much hype and potential! Ratchet & Clank is pretty much guaranteed to be amazing, God of War is coming off one of the best games of all time, Resident Evil Village is bringing me back to that franchise with a game seemingly heavily inspired by Resident Evil 4 (Another best game of all time contender), and Final Fantasy XVI looks to be returning to the setting and world building of classic FF with the combat system of the VII Remake, a match made in heaven!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

hinch said:

I believe the Sigma versions are easier.

hinch said:

And i believe NG Black is exclusively licensed by MS.

God of War:Ragnarok is my most anticipated game on PS5. The 2018 sequel was one of my favourite games of last generation and personally can't wait to continue Krato's journey.

Also, I have a great feeling that this game will blow me away with graphics and spectacle.. The last time that happened on consoles was with Killzone: Shadowfall on the PS4, back in 2013. SMS are technical whizzes at Sony WWS. From the PS2/3 (1-3 and Ascension) to PS4 GOW (4) all breaking the boundary on what could be done on consoles. Also, can't wait to rip Odin a new one xD

@twintail 

Ahh.. shame. Oh well will pick the game up at some point.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 February 2021

Runa216 said:

Wow...I love the new poll on this thread. It reminded me how excited I am for the rest of 2021 on PS5! I voted for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, but you can't go wrong with ANY of those options.

My Hype Meter (out of 5 Stars) for each of the games:

***** - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
****- - Horizon: The Forbidden West
***** - God of War: Ragnarok
**--- - Returnal
***** - Final Fantasy XVI
----- - Gran Turismo 7
***** - Resident Evil: Village
****- - Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Returnal looks okay but I'll wait on reviews and fan feedback. I wasn't as big a fan of Horizon as others but I'm still really excited, I have zero interest in Gran Turismo as I am not into racing games outside of toony Kart Racers or the occasional off-road racer (Though I acknowledge that Gran Turismo is one of the most popular and best-selling racing franchises ever), and I am excited for Kena but since it's a new IP from an unproven studio, I gotta temper my expectations a bit.

As for the others, holy hell so much hype and potential! Ratchet & Clank is pretty much guaranteed to be amazing, God of War is coming off one of the best games of all time, Resident Evil Village is bringing me back to that franchise with a game seemingly heavily inspired by Resident Evil 4 (Another best game of all time contender), and Final Fantasy XVI looks to be returning to the setting and world building of classic FF with the combat system of the VII Remake, a match made in heaven!

Well with the poll I tried going for variety, but also all the games I'm excited about too. I'm generally not a racing fan either, but Gran Turismo will always have a special place in my heart, it was one of the first games I got with my PS1 and I used to play it with my dad all the time, and we'd play every numbered entry for hours upon hours, doing the long ass endurance races taking it in turns with how many laps we did lol. We even did a tag team thing for the 24 hour endurance races on Gran Turismo 5, lol :P 

As for what game I'm MOST excited about though... probably to no one's surprise; Final Fantasy XVI since I'm a huge fanboy lol. After that it's a tie between Ratchet & Clank, God of War: Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West... damn, Sony's first party studios really know how to make games I know I'll love before they've even released!

Mortal Kombat (movie) trailer has landed

Actually looks decent :o