By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Spade said:

Sly Cooper 5 anyone?

I loved the remastered/remade collection and also liked the newer entry made after so I would approve of this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Bristow9091 said:

The likely situation could be that they didn't add the I in the first game's title until the complete edition and PC release because they weren't sure if it'd sell well enough to warrant sequels, but once they realised it was selling really well, and a sequel was greenlit, they slapped the I on the cases to let people know it's the first chapter of the Horizon franchise... and from hereon we'll see II, and then maybe even III, IV etc. on the logo too, even if it's not explicitly called Horizon 2, Horizon 3, Horizon 4 etc? Just a guess but I don't see the problem anyway lol :P At least they're using numerals and not a number :P

At least they are not using a 3 to pretend it is a longer series by counting Frozen Wilds as a game =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

CloudxTifa said:

Watching this reminded me that we really do need a new FPS from Playstation Studios. The third party efforts just aren't capturing my imagination and its a shame since some of my favourite gaming experiences are first person (Halo/Metroid Prime/Golden Eye). I feel like a first party studio would be more likely to have the creative freedom and publisher backing to breathe some soul back into the genre. 

So I may have just done the dumbest thing I've ever done in the history of my gaming history.

I got the Final Fantasy XIV Online complete package. Why is this stupid? Well, despite me being a huge FF fan and looking for something silly and inconsequential to play between other games...I don't do MMOs. I avoid MMOs like the plague. I own Elder Scrolls online, played it for like 5 hours, then gave up. I generally don't like playing online because my internet is spotty, I don't like the sensation of being on a schedule, I don't like games as a service, and I hate pretty much everything about MMOs...but all my friends play FFXIV all the time and I kinda felt like I had to get involved somehow.

And with the current Days of Play sale, the entire game up to this point (the base game and the three expansions) was like 25 bucks. Still not a SMART decision on my part, but that's what a 30 day trial is all about. if I don't like it, I'm out 25 bucks and I have another game to add to my complete dex (I have VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XV, Crystal Chronicles, Type-0, and VII Remake all on my PS5). All I need now is XIII, which I will not be getting because fuck that game (Then again I did get Assassin's Creed Unity despite hating that game just for completionist sake).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

At least they are not using a 3 to pretend it is a longer series by counting Frozen Wilds as a game =p

That reminds me, I should probably play Frozen Wilds some day...

Very smart decision

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

So I may have just done the dumbest thing I've ever done in the history of my gaming history.

I got the Final Fantasy XIV Online complete package. Why is this stupid? Well, despite me being a huge FF fan and looking for something silly and inconsequential to play between other games...I don't do MMOs. I avoid MMOs like the plague. I own Elder Scrolls online, played it for like 5 hours, then gave up. I generally don't like playing online because my internet is spotty, I don't like the sensation of being on a schedule, I don't like games as a service, and I hate pretty much everything about MMOs...but all my friends play FFXIV all the time and I kinda felt like I had to get involved somehow.

And with the current Days of Play sale, the entire game up to this point (the base game and the three expansions) was like 25 bucks. Still not a SMART decision on my part, but that's what a 30 day trial is all about. if I don't like it, I'm out 25 bucks and I have another game to add to my complete dex (I have VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XV, Crystal Chronicles, Type-0, and VII Remake all on my PS5). All I need now is XIII, which I will not be getting because fuck that game (Then again I did get Assassin's Creed Unity despite hating that game just for completionist sake).

... You do realise you could've played the base game and first expansion for absolutely free without any monthly subscription, right? o.O

Yeah but all my friends have all the expansions and now I officially HAVE the game. I don't like F2P stuff (even if it's good). I'm weird, I know. And like I said, even if it turns out I don't like it, it's in my collection and it barely cost me anything. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Unfortunate, though expected at the release date. Bit of a shame that its cross-gen though Sony has been hinting this. But yeah this is SMS and they always deliver, so I'm not fussed. Just want to see some footage of it!

Now that's sure... PS4 will do more than 120 million worldwide.

i don't see what the big deal is with God of War being Cross-generational. I mean, I get that it might be better for it to be PS5 exclusive but with how hard it is to get a PS5 right now I think this makes a whole lot more sense. If PS5 was readily available and there weren't plenty of people grumpy that they can't get one...then I could see the appeal of making it a Generation-9 exclusive.

Y'all can't have it both ways. you can't Bitch and moan and whine every time anything Sony/PS5 comes up about how you can't get a PS5, then turn around and bitch when they chose to make some of their bigger and more significant titles available on the console you already own (especially considering most of these games get free next-gen upgrades as well).

It kinda sucks that the game isn't being developed to maximize what the next-gen hardware can do, but at least wait till we see the game in action before declaring it bad or held back.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX