Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation: Definitive Edition - The PS5 is coming!

Who would you like to see make a comeback on the PS5?

Jak & Daxter 5 23.81%

Sly Cooper 1 4.76%

Both 0 0.00%

Neither 1 4.76%

Total:7
Truthstation said:

It seems like I need 50 posts before I can create my own thread. This means I will post the leak here.

kirby007 said:
Truthstation said:

- Sony's initial plan was to release a Remastered version of The Last Of Us: Part II (4K/60FPS) for PS5 next year. The plan was to include a multiplayer mode in that version and resell that game again for $60 (Naughty Dog's excuse would be that the PS4 is to weak for the multiplayer mode). However, the announcement of Microsoft's smart delivery feature completely ruined this plan. Sony doesn't want to be seen as the greedy company, they needed to change the plan. One possibility that I heard from is that The Last Of Us: Part II on PS4 could support a free cross-gen upgrade to PS5 but the multiplayer mode could be locked to an exclusive PS5 version that will be released in 2021.

this is why competition works

I don't really understand this POV.

Sony has been doing cross-buy since 2012 from PS3 to Vita to the current PS4. The PS4 Pro got free patches for games to use the additional power.

Sony continuing cross buy and/ or patches from PS4 to PS5 seems a lot more in the realm of possibility than PS5 remasters do.

Around the Network

This is already a first step of the Activision/Sony partnership that I mentioned:

twintail said:
Truthstation said:

It seems like I need 50 posts before I can create my own thread. This means I will post the leak here.

kirby007 said:

this is why competition works

I don't really understand this POV.

Sony has been doing cross-buy since 2012 from PS3 to Vita to the current PS4. The PS4 Pro got free patches for games to use the additional power.

Sony continuing cross buy and/ or patches from PS4 to PS5 seems a lot more in the realm of possibility than PS5 remasters do.

I think it's because when Sony was quiet earlier this year MS was able to come out and market "Smart Delivery" like a used car salesman trying to pull the wool over everybody's eyes. It's a new console with a new name for old processes.

I recently finished Knack and I have to say, it was a lot more enjoyable then general consensus led me to believe.
Granted trying to unlock different Knack forms is pretty stupid...

How's Knack 2? Better right?

From Resetera

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-schreier-reporting-sony-is-planning-a-playstation-5-game-reveal-event-for-next-wednesday-june-3.213972/page-33

Last edited by Ryotsu - on 29 May 2020

Around the Network

i got a psn year subscription for the first time, what good rpgs are available with it ?

Truthstation said:

- New Call of Duty game (Black Ops developer) will be fully revealed, one of the big PS5 launch games. Playstation will extend their partnership with Activision, PS5 owners will be the first ones to have access to DLC content. This game will be available for PS4/PS5, the PS4 version supports a free cross-gen upgrade.

Can confirm that this game will be named: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Truthstation said:

Game announcements:
- New Gran Turismo game will be announced + gameplay will be shown. This will be one of the big PS5 launch games.
- Demon's Souls Remake will be announced + trailer will be shown. This will also be one of the big PS5 launch games.
- Silent Hill Reboot will be announced, Sony is teaming up with Konami to develop this (SIE Japan Studio is the main developer). They will probably only show a teaser for this one.
- New Call of Duty game (Black Ops developer) will be fully revealed, one of the big PS5 launch games. Playstation will extend their partnership with Activision, PS5 owners will be the first ones to have access to DLC content. This game will be available for PS4/PS5, the PS4 version supports a free cross-gen upgrade.
- New Crash Bandicoot game will be announced, coming to PS5 holidays 2020.
- Horizon 2 will be announced with a big trailer, release is set for early 2021. This game will demonstrate how powerful the PS5 is and how good the upcoming Playstation Studios games will look in the future. Seriously this will be the biggest thing at that event imo.

You can add the new Ratchet & Clank to that list, a very reliable source confirmed that for me today. 
Really astounded to hear that because as far as I know that game has not been that long in development.

Hey guys, not posted in here for a while now... been occupied with quite a few things, one of them ironically being a slight addiction to one of the free games for June! So here's a quickie;

In June we've got Call of Duty: WWII and Star Wars Battlefront 2, link to Playstation Blog and video here;
https://blog.playstation.com/archive/2020/05/28/star-wars-battlefront-ii-and-call-of-duty-wwii-are-your-ps-plus-games-for-june/

Yes, I've been playing a TON of Battlefront 2... turns out it's actually ridiculously fun online, been working on unlocking star cards, weapons and attachments, and just overall making some fun builds, just been playing as a Heavy with three star cards that reduce my cooldown times, increase the power and radius of my bombs, and replaces my shield with a three shot grenade launcher... went 24-0 (21 kills, 3 assists) on Blast (TDM), feelsgoodman.

So yeah... sorry about the super late Plus post (And for the shit quality, of the post, lol), but if anyone wants to drop their opinion of this month's offerings, feel free to do so, personally I think it's been a great month and I'm not even too bothered about WWII (Probably won't install it, but it's still added to my library, lol), this is actually the first game I've played online in... fuck knows, a LONG time, Dreams excluded of course.

Also, it's the PS5 games reveal tomorrow... who's excited, and what do you want to see?