By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Replicant said:
hinch said:

A day before AMD's Big Navi event. Hmm maybe we'll get more information and an actual deep dive into the PS5 chip itself. Maybe an NDA under AMD? :o

I doubt it lol. But looking forward to previews!

I wasn't aware of the AMD event. Even if there's no collaboration with PS for the event, we'll get new details for sure.

Yeah there's one for the 28th from AMD, who will reveal their next generation of graphics cards. This will be their high end and high-mid range cards coming to PC this holiday. A lot of which uses the same technology in the GPU (RDNA 2) in the next generation consoles.

There still is a lot to be revealed for PS5 that we don't know about. Xbox had a big breakdown in a big semiconducter conference 'Hot Chips' where they had a big breakdown for the main processor which PS5 has yet to have. I have a feeling that some stuff might be under NDA so they can't talk about it until the right date set.

Around the Network

It's the most "Sully" he's ever looked but still...

18 days left.

It is funny that users have been complaining about the lack of PS5 in the hand of celebrities but don't care much that the devs kits of Series X were way late and that almost no game running on Series X were show.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

According to Digital Foundry, Spider-Man: Miles Morales has "the most ambitious implementation of ray tracing for the new generation of titles available at launch".

Around the Network
Replicant said:

According to Digital Foundry, Spider-Man: Miles Morales has "the most ambitious implementation of ray tracing for the new generation of titles available at launch".

Yes the first trailer looked like PS4 title with little improvement for me. But then with each new trailer it got better and the one from the last event totally blow my mind with the effects, sparks and what not.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yeah, Miles Morales looks much better now. IMO that and Demon's Souls really give us a glimpse into what we can expect from early next-gen. Man, I can't wait for a couple of years to pass so we can see how things evolve

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Yeah, Miles Morales looks much better now. IMO that and Demon's Souls really give us a glimpse into what we can expect from early next-gen. Man, I can't wait for a couple of years to pass so we can see how things evolve

Having recently played Spider-Man PS4, I'm not personally that hyped for Miles Morales but it does look great.
It's pretty crazy considering how big the graphics and gameplay jump tend to be between cross-gen and late-gen titles.

Replicant said:

By now, there's a solid bunch of PS4 games confirmed to get free PS5 upgrades.

Assassins Creed Valhalla – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Atelier Ryza 2 – Free PS5 upgrade
Borderlands 3 – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War – Free PS5 upgrade with the $70 Cross-gen edition (native 4K 120FPS)
Control – Free PS5 upgrade with the Ultimate edition
Cyberpunk 2077 – Free PS5 upgrade
Dead by Daylight – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Destiny 2 – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Dirt 5 – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 120FPS)
DOOM Eternal – Free PS5 upgrade
Far Cry 6 – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
FIFA 21 – Free PS5 upgrade until FIFA 22 launch
For Honor – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Ghostrunner – Free PS5 upgrade
Grand Theft Auto V – Free PS5 upgrade
Guilty Gear Strive – Free PS5 upgrade (60FPS)
Hitman III – Free PS5 upgrade with the digital version
Horizon: Fobidden West – Free PS5 upgrade
Immortals Fenyx Rising – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits – Free PS5 upgrade
Little Nightmares 2 – Free PS5 upgrade
Madden 21 – Free PS5 upgrade until Madden 22 launch
Maneater – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Marvel’s Avengers – Free PS5 (dynamic 4K 60FPS)
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Free PS5 upgrade
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 120FPS)
Mortal Kombat 11 – Free PS5 upgrade
No Man's Sky – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
NBA 2K21 – Free PS5 upgrade with the Mamba Forever edition (native 4K 120FPS)
Outriders – Free PS5 upgrade
Planet Coaster – Free PS5 upgrade
Praey for the Gods – Free PS5 upgrade (60FPS)
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – Free PS5 upgrade
Rainbow Six: Siege – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 120FPS)
Ride 4 – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Riders Republic – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Sackboy: A Big Adventure – Free PS5 upgrade
The Elder Scrolls: Online – Free PS5 upgrade
The Witcher III – Free PS5 upgrade
Watch Dogs Legion – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 30FPS)
WRC 9 – Free PS5 upgrade (native 4K 60FPS)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon – Free PS5 upgrade

Praey for the Gods, No Man's Sky and Ghostrunner added to the list of free PS5 upgrades now counting 42 games.

Last edited by Replicant - on 30 October 2020

"Smart delivery" *smirk*