By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

axumblade said:

Yeah. I kinda wish I would have waited to play GoT on PS5. It was so good. I actually got really emotional playing it. Sucker Punch are getting good at strumming the heart strings. 

How does it play compared to AC? Gameplay-wise it looks to share some mechanics. It'd probably be too much playing GoT and Valhalla back to back?

Around the Network
Replicant said:
axumblade said:

Yeah. I kinda wish I would have waited to play GoT on PS5. It was so good. I actually got really emotional playing it. Sucker Punch are getting good at strumming the heart strings. 

How does it play compared to AC? Gameplay-wise it looks to share some mechanics. It'd probably be too much playing GoT and Valhalla back to back?

I would play GoT no question. Better setting, gameplay and story imho.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

As a Dane living in Norway, I'm quite excited about AC Valhalla though. It's not every day you get to play as a viking in your backyard xD

Haven't played AC since Black Flag but I can imagine GoT having better gameplay than even the newer AC games.

Replicant said:
DonFerrari said:

As a Dane living in Norway, I'm quite excited about AC Valhalla though. It's not every day you get to play as a viking in your backyard xD

Haven't played AC since Black Flag but I can imagine GoT having better gameplay than even the newer AC games.

Then sure I can appreciate why you are excite about Valhalla, but just so you know at least from the other AC games I played this gen (Origin, Oddyssey, etc) and well I can tell you the games are very different from GoT. So I don't think you'll have issues playing it after Valhalla, at most you may confuse one with the other.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

Then sure I can appreciate why you are excite about Valhalla, but just so you know at least from the other AC games I played this gen (Origin, Oddyssey, etc) and well I can tell you the games are very different from GoT. So I don't think you'll have issues playing it after Valhalla, at most you may confuse one with the other.

That's good to know. Well, Valhalla has to be better than Odyssey anyway. Or else the setting won't be enough to keep me playing.
I tried Odyssey for a few hours at a friend and it seemed repetitive tbh.

Around the Network
axumblade said:

Honestly, I haven't played Assassin's Creed since the the 3rd one so not sure how to compare it with the current series. I keep meaning to but just never get around to it. I would put GoT as Game of the Year though just based off of the story, animation, and gameplay alone.   

80% of the people I ask about newer AC games haven't played the series since AC3

Goty material. Nice. Ok, I think it's gonna be Cyberpunk at launch, GoT afterwards and then Demon's Souls with a little Sackboy and Astro mixed in between. Winter's going to be glorious.

I'm really not a fan of this. Timed exclusivity should just stop, man.

Replicant said:
DonFerrari said:

That's good to know. Well, Valhalla has to be better than Odyssey anyway. Or else the setting won't be enough to keep me playing.
I tried Odyssey for a few hours at a friend and it seemed repetitive tbh.

Well since our taste don't match (I liked Odyssey) maybe my opinion on the difference and GoT being great won't match for you. But well if you like japanese culture or samurai folklore it is hard to get better (and don't bother with the silly people that complain about the end because they didn't really understood the game in a whole).

Replicant said:

I'm really not a fan of this. Timed exclusivity should just stop, man.

Yep very lousy and useless practice. I rather they used that money to open another studio or team even if only to remaster/remake ps1-ps2 games.

DonFerrari said: 
Yep very lousy and useless practice. I rather they used that money to open another studio or team even if only to remaster/remake ps1-ps2 games.

I agree. But then again, I never was a COD fan. When Microsoft had timed COD DLC I wasn't affected either cause I didn't play them.
I feel with people who do though. Selling a game with content purposely cut is a dick move.

Replicant said:
DonFerrari said: 

I agree. But then again, I never was a COD fan. When Microsoft had timed COD DLC I wasn't affected either cause I didn't play them.
I feel with people who do though. Selling a game with content purposely cut is a dick move.

It is. Unfortunately, I am expecting Sony to do more of these going forward. I am not a fan of the franchise, so it won't affect me, but it will have an impact on millions of CoD gamers who don't buy into the Playstation ecocystem.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!