By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

I bought 5 games from the mid-year sale on PSN. Matterfall, Alienation, ( love Housemarque ) and Trine 1, 2, and 3. Was tempted to get Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator for $1.99, but thought better of it quickly. It's odd.....I played Matterfall briefly, and went to look at the trophy list, but it didn't appear on my list. I even manually synced it to no avail. I have NEVER played a game and not had the trophies visible in my list in the decade that they've been around.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 12 July 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:

I bought 5 games from the mid-year sale on PSN. Matterfall, Alienation, ( love Housemarque ) and Trine 1, 2, and 3. Was tempted to get Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator for $1.99, but thought better of it quickly. It's odd.....I played Matterfall briefly, and went to look at the trophy list, but it didn't appear on my list. I even manually synced it to no avail. I have NEVER played a game and not had the trophies visible in my list in the decade that they've been around.

I haven't gotten around to buying Matterfall yet but it looks great Housemarque games are crazy, especially with the particle effects and stuff, they just look so... clean, they're action packed, have a million things happening at once, and still run smooth as fuck. I remember playing Resogun when we all got it for free with Plus and was gobsmacked because as simple as a game it is, it's visually gorgeous when shit is going off, and not a single dip in framerate. Not to mention it's still absolutely fun as fuck to play for short bursts. 

I might have to install Alienation too since I also got that with Plus sometime earlier this year, and I LOVED Dead Nation, especially playing it co-op too!

Dead Nation might be my favorite game in their catalog. Have all 3 versions. Started a high score run on the PS4 version in 2015, but got distracted and never finished that run or went for the plat. Actually, I'm now close to having the entire Housemarque Playstation collection. Only missing Nex Machina and Super Stardust Portable on the PSP. I'm not counting Angry Birds Trilogy. :) Matterfall seems challenging to me. The controls are more complex than their other games.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Dark Cloud could have such amazing possibilities on PS4 or PS5.

I'd be happy seeing Ape Escape or Wild Arms come back as well.

It would be great if Sony and Level-5 release Dark Cloud 3. It will also diversify the PS4's (or PS5's) Japanese/JRPG offerings.

Of the ones listed, Wild Arms I guess. However, more than anything I'd like to see The Legend of Dragoon come back.

Around the Network

Picked TM. I liked the one for PS3. Well, except for the races where you constantly got lost and that they focused more on the cars than the unique personalities driving them. Keep it to just destruction, or at least have better race markers, and bring back more characters and you'll have a hit.

Oh, but I would love a remake of Kingley's Adventure. Fun little game.

I went with The Getaway since it was a series with a lot of potential that could've done better. Even if the characters and the plot from the original game were alright, they were really cliche, and the second game went downhill from there. To make matters worse, the driving mechanics was wonky and unpredictable. However, the map-less gameplay and the "turning signal" mechanic was interesting but unorthodox. I would love for the series to come back and carry some of its quirks with it, improving vastly the gameplay experience.

Tagging, nice job Bris.

I may or may not be doing a review for Persona Dancing btw.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Bristow9091 said:
Darashiva said:
Of the ones listed, Wild Arms I guess. However, more than anything I'd like to see The Legend of Dragoon come back.

I purposefully left that off the list for... "reasons", lol :P 

Does a certain other, LoD obsessed member of the site have something to do with this perhaps? Regardless, LoD is my second favourite game ever, so it's pretty much my go-to whenever this topic comes up.