By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Blood_Tears said:

Just starting the Forspoken demo now and going through the opening tutorial. Liking it so far and a big plus is that in the accessibility options you can put her voice chat with the cuff to a minimal. Doing this makes it so you only hear her voice in situations that advance the story, no more needless banter.

I do like chars chatting around when I'm out of tense situations.

gtotheunit91 said:
Blood_Tears said:

Just starting the Forspoken demo now and going through the opening tutorial. Liking it so far and a big plus is that in the accessibility options you can put her voice chat with the cuff to a minimal. Doing this makes it so you only hear her voice in situations that advance the story, no more needless banter.

Let me know how the dialogue is in the demo because that was probably the biggest aspect that had me going, meh.

Which is weird because Amy Hennig is one of the writers for this game. 

Didn't know Amy was collaborating on it, that is a big plus for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Super hyped for FFXVI

Its coming in June 2023 for PS5.

End of trailer shows not coming to other platforms until after 12/31/2023.

I'll get it on PS5 first - hopefully we'll get a new model/sku for PS5 next year like the rumors say.

Once again this is what annoys me with Sony money hats. Not only do they release their games late on pc but also the games they money hat..

Blood_Tears said:

Really? Mine must be bugged or something because it felt stiff and sluggish as hell. every button press and analog movement felt like it was a half-second delayed and muddy. Like, legitimately one of the worst-feeling games I think I've ever felt. Not to devalue the game, I'm sure it'll be great, but the controls were atrocious! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

zero129 said:

Once again this is what annoys me with Sony money hats. Not only do they release their games late on pc but also the games they money hat..

Bro get this console war nonsense outta here. There's nothing inherently wrong with a company investing in another to make exclusive games, especially not when Sony and square-Enix have always had such a great relationship for the past 25 years and Square-Enix games have always sold best on Sony consoles. Same with Konami. same with Capcom. Stop acting like it's a bad thing when pairings that make sense happen. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
zero129 said:

Bro get this console war nonsense outta here. There's nothing inherently wrong with a company investing in another to make exclusive games, especially not when Sony and square-Enix have always had such a great relationship for the past 25 years and Square-Enix games have always sold best on Sony consoles. Same with Konami. same with Capcom. Stop acting like it's a bad thing when pairings that make sense happen. 

Dude im not you. This is no console war just facts like you like to say you speak. Anyways i have no time for this ill get FF16 on a great discount after i get done with my back log. Still doesnt make it right how Sony keeps games from gamers thats 3rd party and would be on that platform otherwise day and date.

Around the Network

So in regards to the Game Awards and nominees, I'm actually SHOCKED at how many of them have been Sony games. Like, I know Sony and Nintendo both make some damn good exclusive titles but hot damn it's such a wide margin most years.

in 2022, Sony had 21 nominations. The next best was Annapurna with 12.
In 2021, Sony had 11 nominations, tied with EA. Only Microsoft/Xbox beat them with 13
in 2020, Sony had 25 nominations. the next best were Supergiant and Xbox, both with 9
In 2019, Sony had 12 nominations, beat only by Nintendo with 15
In 2018, Sony had 20 nominations. the next best was Rockstar with 8

That's all the easy information I could find. 2017 had Nintendo in first place by a wide margin with I THINK 16, and I don't actually know how many sony got but I think it was 8. In 2016, Sony got I believe 10 nominations. So every year since 2018, Sony has either been the #1 most nominated by a wide margin or #2 in a close second, with them still being second or third for the few years prior. Can we collectively agree that even if we don't LIKE what Sony offers (I actually dislike something like half of PS exclusives), it can't be denied that they are well liked by the community at large? I mean, at this point it's pretty clear-cut that the games that seem to have the most impact and get the most love tend to be Sony and Nintendo games, with a sprinkling of Rockstar and Fromsoft in there as well.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

zero129 said:
Runa216 said:

Dude im not you. This is no console war just facts like you like to say you speak. Anyways i have no time for this ill get FF16 on a great discount after i get done with my back log. Still doesnt make it right how Sony keeps games from gamers thats 3rd party and would be on that platform otherwise day and date.

3rd party games being exclusive isn't new or special or unique to Sony. Stop acting like this is some nefarious plot. You can say this isn't console war nonsense all you want but it's pretty clearly obvious that it is. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

zero129 said:

Not only do they release their games late on pc but also the games they money hat..

Except that isn't true.

Firstly, Final Fantasy games have rarely launched day and date on PC regardless of money hatting. There was about a year and half between FFXV launching on PS4/Xbox and launching on PC. So clearly even if Sony didn't "moneyhat" FFXVI, chances were pretty good that it wasn't going to happen.

Secondly, there are plenty of games that Sony has clearly made an exclusive deal for, that is still hitting PC day 1, including Square's own Forspoken. Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Godfall, Kena, Bugsnax were all same day on PC. As far as I can tell Silent Hill 2 Remake will probably be same day.

And I will add, creating different versions is often a lot of work. There are different graphics APIs being used for different platforms. PC needs more features, like being able to turn up and down graphics, and being able to render at wider resolutions and different frame rates. Etc.

It is not uncommon for indie developers especially, but a lot of big AAA developers also do this, where they will finish and release 1 version of the game, and then let someone else make a port. Because they think it's easier to make one version of the game, and let someone else fine tune everything for a different platform, instead of doing a constant back and forth which can make things pretty difficult.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 09 December 2022

DonFerrari said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Let me know how the dialogue is in the demo because that was probably the biggest aspect that had me going, meh.

Which is weird because Amy Hennig is one of the writers for this game. 

Didn't know Amy was collaborating on it, that is a big plus for me.

She was honestly the big reason why I'm interested in the game. But, at least according to Wikipedia, there are 4 other writers being credited for the game along with Amy. That's quite a few as there's usually 1 to 3 at the most. So, I'm really hoping her input wasn't drowned out. She's never failed as a writer in her games! 

I'm surprised Arrowhead's project didn't appear at TGA considering the trailer leaked a few months earlier.

Impossible to tell how Sony will reveal it with the way State of Plays are constructed nowadays. However, if they hold a traditional showcase in June, they will have tons of first party games ready to go: ND, Guerrilla, PixelOpus, Insomniac, SMS, Firesprite, Bluepoint. I could see Guerrilla's project launching late 2023 with the rest of slate being 2024, and maybe early 2025.