By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Got a cold (and can be covid, waiting for the test results) and got a few days at home, I generally have few time to play, so with my extra time I decided finally start playing TLOU2 NG+ this time on hard

Anybody who says anything about this game design/gameplay must be completely out of their minds

The amount of depth this game physics is incredible for an action game. Playing on hard you must to be much more conscious of their game rules about sound, sneak, sprinting, aim/sight, AI behavior and patterns and of course the map design itself

Seems like playing a completely different game (I've played on easy the first time). So far I'm finding it truly exciting, now I no longer have to play closer to midnight half asleep I can truly appreciate how beautiful, how GLORIOUS this game is. Every time I look at screen I feel an awe to how good everything looks, Naughty Dog made more than a game, they made a piece of modern history  

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

Got a cold (and can be covid, waiting for the test results) and got a few days at home, I generally have few time to play, so with my extra time I decided finally start playing TLOU2 NG+ this time on hard

Anybody who says anything about this game design/gameplay must be completely out of their minds

The amount of depth this game physics is incredible for an action game. Playing on hard you must to be much more conscious of their game rules about sound, sneak, sprinting, aim/sight, AI behavior and patterns and of course the map design itself

Seems like playing a completely different game (I've played on easy the first time). So far I'm finding it truly exciting, now I no longer have to play closer to midnight half asleep I can truly appreciate how beautiful, how GLORIOUS this game is. Every time I look at screen I feel an awe to how good everything looks, Naughty Dog made more than a game, they made a piece of modern history  

Wait til you try Grounded. ;)

Kyuu said:

I was watching some VR videos for GT Sport... and my gawd is it mindblowing (bearing in mind PS4/VR1 limitations) even without having to experience it in VR.

GT7 with FSR2 and Foveated Rendering on PSVR2 is now my most anticipated game. VR better be implemented into the entire game as opposed to a single mode this time. I've been critical of Polyphony Digital to the point of skipping GT6 and Sport altogether (owned every iteration before 6), but I'm hopeful GT7 on PSVR2 will be my mini "Gran Turismo 3 moment" and get me back into the series.

Still somewhat irked about it being crossgen. IMO it should have released in 2023 as a PS5 exclusive and ported later to PC, but alas, the wrong decisions had been made years ago and I can't just complain about it forever. I've also read aabout physics being a step back from GT Sport in that cars are unrealistically difficult to handle. What prompted PD to take this direction I wonder. You make the cars easier to handle if the idea is to appeal to more casual players. And harder doesn't necessarily mean more realistic.

Gt6 and gts were cool games, but sure I can understand you skipping gt6 since it is similar to gt5 on the same console and gts with lack of SP.

I don't think the cars are really harder to drive on GT7 than GTS and that the physics were worsened for it. I do think the cars are a little more sensitive and perhaps harder to drive to the limit on control, but I was able to get all gold on all licenses for the 1st time ever.

Even the circuit experience (similar to S license, you need to get each sector then one lap on a very demanding time) I was able to get almost all already, missing 1 dirty track in USA and Europe, 1 track in Asia plus the full Nurb.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There, can y'all stop bein' grumpy about it? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Can someone help me compile a list of upcoming PS5 exclusives due before the end of the year? (Being on PC/Mobile and remasters also counts)

So far I have:

The Last of Us Part I Remasterd
Forspoken
God of War Ragnarok
Stray

I know there's more but my mind is fried at the moment.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:

Can someone help me compile a list of upcoming PS5 exclusives due before the end of the year? (Being on PC/Mobile and remasters also counts)

So far I have:

The Last of Us Part I Remasterd
Forspoken
God of War Ragnarok
Stray

I know there's more but my mind is fried at the moment.

Does PS4 count because stray and ragnarok are on ps4.

That said - no clue.  I just keep track of games I want to play not to which systems they are also going too.

I keep forgetting Yurukill is also coming to Switch.

edit: Also Forspoken just got delayed to 2023.

I knooowww! Just got that news minutes after posting it. 

And yeah, I'm keeping it brand exclusive. so PS4 counts. As long as it doesn't show up on Nintendo/Xbox HArdware, it counts. IT's not a way to fuel console wars of anything, it's just that there are so many variants on what is and isn't an exclusive anymore that I don't even know how to categorize it without some stipulations. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

So GOW Ragnarok is Nov. 9

Runa216 said:
Bandorr said:

Does PS4 count because stray and ragnarok are on ps4.

That said - no clue.  I just keep track of games I want to play not to which systems they are also going too.

I keep forgetting Yurukill is also coming to Switch.

edit: Also Forspoken just got delayed to 2023.

I knooowww! Just got that news minutes after posting it. 

And yeah, I'm keeping it brand exclusive. so PS4 counts. As long as it doesn't show up on Nintendo/Xbox HArdware, it counts. IT's not a way to fuel console wars of anything, it's just that there are so many variants on what is and isn't an exclusive anymore that I don't even know how to categorize it without some stipulations. 

Funny enough, you will be able to get Forspoken on the Xbox app for PC

coolbeans said:

I'm surprised Sony's taking the 'collectible steelbook w/out a game disc' approach for their big collector's editions. Out of all the AAA publishers, I figured they'd hold steadfast against that trend.

[Update: Just took a glance at Forbidden West's big editions and spotted that too.  Either I missed that before or totally forgot b/c my presumption for their big editions was game disc + steelbook.  It's such a good system too.]

I didn't think Sony would be so embracing of live-service games either, but, things change.

As long as they continue to put out top notch games, it doesn't bother me much. 

What a concise title for the nation, and the best part is that we don't need more than that to know what it is about.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."