By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | April Plus Games Announced

Which game are you most looking forward to?

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart 3 8.57%

Horizon Forbidden West 5 14.29%

God of War: Ragnarok 5 14.29%

Returnal 2 5.71%

Final Fantasy XVI 12 34.29%

Gran Turismo 7 2 5.71%

Resident Evil Village 3 8.57%

Kena: Bridge of Spirits 3 8.57%

Other 0 0%

Total:35
DonFerrari said:

Started FFXIV 4 or 5 days ago on Ultros, reached lvl 46 today. The game is pretty good and full of stuff to do.

Ooooh, what class did you start as? And also the game will go from "pretty good" to "holy shit this is a masterpiece!" once you finish A Realm Reborn and move into Heavensward :) 

I'm in the process of leveling up a White Mage at the moment, although my main class is Monk, but I'm doing the "A Relic Reborn" questlines to get Zodiac weapons... I want the Nirvana staff for my WHM, along with the Excalibur sword and Aegis shield for my Paladin once I level that class up.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

DonFerrari said:

April just became a great month.

and then in May we have Resident Evil VIII, then in June we have Ratchet & Clank and FFVII Intergrade, then in August...Kena! I'm gonna be busy for four months.

Was talking only of the freebies.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

Started FFXIV 4 or 5 days ago on Ultros, reached lvl 46 today. The game is pretty good and full of stuff to do.

Ooooh, what class did you start as? And also the game will go from "pretty good" to "holy shit this is a masterpiece!" once you finish A Realm Reborn and move into Heavensward :) 

I'm in the process of leveling up a White Mage at the moment, although my main class is Monk, but I'm doing the "A Relic Reborn" questlines to get Zodiac weapons... I want the Nirvana staff for my WHM, along with the Excalibur sword and Aegis shield for my Paladin once I level that class up.

I started as gladiator, my class have always been sword wielder =] or katana depending of the game. I`m a man of the blade.

I have done a few of the paladin quests. I`ll be able to play until end of heavensward on the free it seems.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Bristow9091 said:

I started as gladiator, my class have always been sword wielder =] or katana depending of the game. I`m a man of the blade.

I have done a few of the paladin quests. I`ll be able to play until end of heavensward on the free it seems.

Good stuff, once you reach Lv. 50 you'll be able to do a quest to unlock Samurai as a DPS class if that interests you, it's somewhere in Ul'dah I believe. And yeah you get to play all of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward for free. But once you reach Lv. 60 there's still so much content you can do it's actually crazy they're giving you it for free!

I still need help with my PS5 again. I picked up The Outer Worlds Board Approved Bundle, and when I try to download it on my PS5, instead of the button saying 'download', there's a Red Exclamation and it says 'see error details', and it just takes me to a blank download list. Anyone familiar with this issue? I was able to download the game on the Ps4, no problem!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network

Quick Google gave me this - https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/Download_Queue_Bug#Download_Queue_Bug

Hope it helps

Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

Good stuff, once you reach Lv. 50 you'll be able to do a quest to unlock Samurai as a DPS class if that interests you, it's somewhere in Ul'dah I believe. And yeah you get to play all of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward for free. But once you reach Lv. 60 there's still so much content you can do it's actually crazy they're giving you it for free!

Yep I`ll see how much I can do for free until I don`t enjoy the game anymore.

OP, where are you?

Here are some of the latest PS news that are being discussed elsewhere:
Star Wars: Republic Commando is out now on PS5 and PS4 (Lucasfilm Games)
Returnal gets new story trailer and is confirmed to be 60fps (link)
Forspoken gets new trailer - will launch for PS5 and PC in 2022 (link)
Ratchet & Clank joins the 20+ PS4 exclusives that support 60fps on PS5 (link)
Oddworld: Soulstorm is free for PS Plus members day one (link)
In April, 34 games have been offered across PS Plus, PS Plus Collection, and Play at Home (link)
Marvel's Avengers, Borderlands 3, and The Long Dark have been added to PS Now (link)
PS5 continues to punch above its weight with Crash 4 being the latest game to run best on PS5 (John Linneman)
Jade Raymond founds new studio called Haven - is working on a new IP for PS5 (link)
Remedy is working on a PS5 exclusive according to leaker (link)
Sony will continue to invest in Media Molecule and Dreams (link)
Sony has acquired EVO - the World's biggest fighting game tournament (link)
Noclip's documentary about Astro's Playroom is close to being finished (link)
PSVR2 Controllers with DualSense features have been revealed (link)
PS5 is the fastest selling console in US history in dollar sales (Mat Piscatella)
PS5 is estimated to have sold 6.5 million consoles worldwide (link)

Replicant said:

OP, where are you?

Here are some of the latest PS news that are being discussed elsewhere:
Star Wars: Republic Commando is out now on PS5 and PS4 (Lucasfilm Games)
Returnal gets new story trailer and is confirmed to be 60fps (link)
Forspoken gets new trailer - will launch for PS5 and PC in 2022 (link)
Ratchet & Clank joins the 20+ PS4 exclusives that support 60fps on PS5 (link)
Oddworld: Soulstorm is free for PS Plus members day one (link)
In April, 34 games have been offered across PS Plus, PS Plus Collection, and Play at Home (link)
Marvel's Avengers, Borderlands 3, and The Long Dark have been added to PS Now (link)
PS5 continues to punch above its weight with Crash 4 being the latest game to run best on PS5 (John Linneman)
Jade Raymond founds new studio called Haven - is working on a new IP for PS5 (link)
Remedy is working on a PS5 exclusive according to leaker (link)
Sony will continue to invest in Media Molecule and Dreams (link)
Sony has acquired EVO - the World's biggest fighting game tournament (link)
Noclip's documentary about Astro's Playroom is close to being finished (link)
PSVR2 Controllers with DualSense features have been revealed (link)
PS5 is the fastest selling console in US history in dollar sales (Mat Piscatella)
PS5 is estimated to have sold 6.5 million consoles worldwide (link)

I went back like 10 pages and crossed out the stuff that has already been posted, Bristow replied to the vast majority of it, Bristow even posted quite a few of them...So...Where was you?

It's annoying Replicant, you constantly keep making posts like this, subtly saying that Bristow is doing a bad job, but when this thread is actually active you're nowhere to be seen, heck I've been following this thread more closely since you brought up these issues and sometimes it was even more active than Empire for a few days, but again, you're nowhere to be found, but when it is inactive you pop in with a dig at the OP.

Stop putting it on Bristow to post absolutely everything, you give me a lot of praise but mine and Bristow's personal situation is completely different and even then he has been posting some of this news, he straight up says this is a community effort, as it should be, Empire isn't active just because of me, it's active because of everyone chipping in, if you want more activity here then post news as you see it, start up conversations, talk about games, don't just bulk save news and post it all at once in an effort to make the OP look bad.

At this point it looks like you're just trying to make him look bad because you want the OP.

You know the original Empire was far more active than my current one by a ridiculous amount, yet I wasn't the OP of that, I basically did become the 'news poster' and not because I wanted the OP but because I loved the thread and it's community, I wanted to talk about Xbox, so I chipped in and posted news, others did too, nowadays it's mostly just me but that's because of my personal life situation means I tend to see news first before anyone else.

This thread doesn't need just Bristow posting absolutely every single bit of news, try helping him out, if you care about this thread then you will do that, post when it's actually active, stop throwing digs at him, it's annoying to even me.

Take a look at Nintendo OT too, Raven doesn't post absolutely every single bit of news, the community helps him out, I want every Nation thread to thrive but it's not all on one person to make that happen, hell even the OT's on ResetEra (Xbox Studios, Playstation Studios) rarely have the OP posting all the news. I follow the Xbox Studios OT over on Era and I don't think I've ever seen the OP of that post news, Lol but here, Bristow actually is and you're still digging at him, give him a break.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 April 2021

Yeah, you're right. VGC used to be my go-to place for news and healthy discussions but now it's oftentimes a wasteland. I think that a more active PS thread could help attract and sustain some of the old casual PS fans that left. However, I understand that what I believe to be beneficial to the site isn't necessarily what others believe.

I'm sorry, Bristow.