By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

twintail said:
DonFerrari said:

Would like even more if they were used to bring sequel to loved IPs or even help remake PS1 best titles like syphon filter.

I think them helping getting games out of the door is far more valuable than assigning them to making more games, otherwise they'll just be another studio who will need more support/ external teams to help get games finished; that would be an issue in itself. 

As much as unused IP's getting a 2nd life is great, I'd rather see Sony being able to churn out their high quality titles on a more regular basis: it's one of the reasons why the new GoW is only going to be 2 games long for the Norse arc.

I would say there are plenty of outside studios and contractors available than there are Sony studios and IPs being worked by Sony so for me I would prefer more games =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

PS5 will be available in 5 new colors. With the release of new official faceplates and DualSense controllers.

Colors are - Nova Pink, Starlight Blue, Galactic Purple and Midnight Black. Price is $55 for the new covers.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/13/new-dualsense-wireless-controller-colors-arrive-next-month-followed-by-new-ps5-console-covers/

Last edited by hinch - on 13 December 2021

With Sony embracing covers it shouldn't be too hard to see them releasing special edition PS5's. If they release a classic PS grey I'd bite, and then some!

Played the Matrix tech demo over the weekend. Simply mindblowing. I can't wait for full games to look like this.

TallSilhouette said:

Played the Matrix tech demo over the weekend. Simply mindblowing. I can't wait for full games to look like this.

Pretty sure it's not a full game, it was just a tech demo. 

As an aside, beat Ghost of Tsushima last night. Got the platinum trophy KINDA by accident (I thought I had a lot more exploration to do, but it turned out most of those collectible trophies didn't unlock until the last two missions and the counters are including the Iki Island expansion, so the 3 missing haikus, 2 missing lighthouses, etc, are not part of the platinum). all I had to do to clean up was literally two side quests that never showed up on the main thing. 

Now I gotta do Legends mode, Iki Island, and *Sigh* New Game Plus. Not looking forward to going through the whole game again on new game plus, but I am going to be a little bitch about it and lower the difficulty from hard to easy so I can blitz through it. 

Not sure what I'll be playing next. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:

As an aside, beat Ghost of Tsushima last night. Got the platinum trophy KINDA by accident (I thought I had a lot more exploration to do, but it turned out most of those collectible trophies didn't unlock until the last two missions and the counters are including the Iki Island expansion, so the 3 missing haikus, 2 missing lighthouses, etc, are not part of the platinum). all I had to do to clean up was literally two side quests that never showed up on the main thing. 

Now I gotta do Legends mode, Iki Island, and *Sigh* New Game Plus. Not looking forward to going through the whole game again on new game plus, but I am going to be a little bitch about it and lower the difficulty from hard to easy so I can blitz through it. 

If you didn`t like the game much and already plat why will you do a ng+?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

I liked it, I just felt it was way too long. And thing is, I have to get 100% to feel like I completed the game. That means I gotta get all the DLC/expansion trophies as well. so I gotta do the Iki Island stuff, the NG+ stuff, and the Legends Stuff. it annoys me that my brain demands it, but here we are either way. 

Iki island seems like a lovely expansion, too. More compact locale, a bit less to do in terms of sheer volume of content, less room in between objectives, a smaller but prettier area to explore. I'm down with this. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

I liked it, I just felt it was way too long. And thing is, I have to get 100% to feel like I completed the game. That means I gotta get all the DLC/expansion trophies as well. so I gotta do the Iki Island stuff, the NG+ stuff, and the Legends Stuff. it annoys me that my brain demands it, but here we are either way. 

Iki island seems like a lovely expansion, too. More compact locale, a bit less to do in terms of sheer volume of content, less room in between objectives, a smaller but prettier area to explore. I'm down with this. 

gotcha, only feel like that for games I really like

hinch said:

PS5 will be available in 5 new colors. With the release of new official faceplates and DualSense controllers.

Colors are - Nova Pink, Starlight Blue, Galactic Purple and Midnight Black. Price is $55 for the new covers.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/13/new-dualsense-wireless-controller-colors-arrive-next-month-followed-by-new-ps5-console-covers/

hinch said:

With Sony embracing covers it shouldn't be too hard to see them releasing special edition PS5's. If they release a classic PS grey I'd bite, and then some!

I honestly think they only have black available because of popular demand and it being more so the norm. Otherwise I get the feeling they'd rather not have come out with a black controller and faceplate. Just look at the stock white PS5 and all the other colors now. They're clearly going for a vibrant stand out look, as if PS5's design besides color, didn't offer that already.

I'm still thinking gunmetal. I don't want to have to buy separate faceplates for $70 here though. I hope PS5 doesn't always come in stock white. Worst case I'll just Plasti Dip them for $30. As a bonus I could always easily peel it later and try another color if I want to that way.

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

gotcha, only feel like that for games I really like

Same! Like I said, I really did like this game, I just genuinely felt it was too long. I know I keep coming back to that but it's true. That said, now that I'm playing the DLC Iki Island...I'm finding the pace to be far more agreeable. Far more manageable. IT's going to leave me with a much better lasting impression than the main game, I feel. Again, not to say the main game was bad, I just feel it woulda been a lot better if the whole game was compressed into a map 1/4 the size it was. Maybe 1/3.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX