By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Is anyone gonna open up a review/discussion thread for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart?

I would but I'm always one bad post away from being banned so I don't wanna risk it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
Bristow9091 said:

I'd prefer Resistance 2 get that sort of treatment, especially if they include the multiplayer too, but I can understand why people would want Resistance 3 instead... imagine a whole trilogy remaster though, THAT'D be pretty fucking amazing lol. If Bluepoint can do it with Uncharted, why not Resistance? :(

Whatever Bluepoint do has my attention, the ammount of respect they showed the Demon Souls remake should be applauded, those guys just kill it everytime. 

Likewise for the amount of respect they showed for Shadow of the Colossus.

Can’t wait to see what their next project is.

With Rift Apart coming out to stellar reviews, I just thought I'd catch you all up on the current PSexclusives released on PS5 and their Metacritic Scores:

92 - Demon's Souls
90 - Guilty Gear Strive (Hasn't hit the 20 review Threshold yet)
89 - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (Just released might go up or down 1-2 points)
88 - The Nioh Collection
86 - Returnal
85 - Spider-Man Miles Morales
83 - Astro's Playroom
79 - Sackboy: a Big adventure
77 - The Pathless
75 - Bugsnax

This is within 7 months of launch. This is just PS exclusives. Most are just remakes of Ps4 games or cross-generational (Releasing on both PS4 and PS5), but we have a handful of true exclusives in there like Demon's Souls (PS3 remake/remaster), Ratchet & Clank (Sequel), Returnal (New IP), and Astro's Playroom (Tech Demo).

I know some people just like to be cynical and bitch about everything and parrot the same 'I'm not interested until the new consoles get some exclusive games' or what have you, but outside of the Switch I've never seen a console's first year do this well. On any console. And we still have Horizon II The Forbidden West before the end of the year. I predict late October or early November for that game. That will also likely hover around the high 80's/low 90's range.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I was thinking, Sony should bundle a remaster of Tools of Destruction/Into the Nexus. 4k/60fps with a few retourches and here and there. Would be a nice 2022 release to follow up on the popularity of Rift Apart

PS5 would then be home to every major Ratchet release.

I'd be interested in seeing an online Rift Apart update next year and then I think it'd be a good time to leave the franchise alone for a while and let work on a new IP.

Runa216 said:

Is anyone gonna open up a review/discussion thread for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart?

I would but I'm always one bad post away from being banned so I don't wanna risk it.

I was going to open yesterday, but I though someone had already done it but it wasn't showing up.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

I was going to open yesterday, but I though someone had already done it but it wasn't showing up.

I made one but I don't know how good I'll do with maintaining it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

I made one but I don't know how good I'll do with maintaining it. 

Don't worry, one update a day is enough, and people will do the comments with news.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Can someone help me download FFVII Remake Intergrade? I bought the physical edition (limited Steelbook Deluxe Edition) at launch, then purchased the digital version last august, but it's not letting me download the PS5 version. No, I didn't get the PS+ version.

when I go to the page and try to download it, it tells me "You can't buy this product for the following reasons: You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you are trying to buy. Final Fantasy VII Remake"

I just wanna pre-load my game so my sister can play it whenever I'm not playing Ratchet & Clank! I didn't think this would be so difficult. (and again, I absolutely bought the digital version back in august, I just went back to my transaction history and verified it)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:

Can someone help me download FFVII Remake Intergrade? I bought the physical edition (limited Steelbook Deluxe Edition) at launch, then purchased the digital version last august, but it's not letting me download the PS5 version. No, I didn't get the PS+ version.

when I go to the page and try to download it, it tells me "You can't buy this product for the following reasons: You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you are trying to buy. Final Fantasy VII Remake"

I just wanna pre-load my game so my sister can play it whenever I'm not playing Ratchet & Clank! I didn't think this would be so difficult. (and again, I absolutely bought the digital version back in august, I just went back to my transaction history and verified it)

You have to wait for the pre-load option to show up. Conflicting reports about when that happens.

Some suggest the 8th (today) others seem to suggest there will be no pre-loading and you will have to do it day of.

Good to know. I was wondering like Runa216 too.

Last edited by CloudxTifa - on 08 June 2021

Runa216 said:

If by launch you still have this type of issue you may delete whatever installed version you have of FFVIIR and them try to download the PS5 version with integrade.