By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Replicant said:

In line with MBG's video, it's interesting to see how a lot of the negative PS5 rumors ended up being misleading or downright wrong.

December 27 - No hardware accelerated ray tracing
Komachi Ensaka: PS5 is not using AMD hardware accelerated ray tracing.
Mark Cerny: PS5 is using AMD hardware accelerated ray tracing.

April 2 - PS5 has heating problems
Windows Central: Sony screwed up and rushed PS5. Expect delays and heating problems.
Digital Foundry: PlayStation 5 is larger than Xbox Series X, but it is also cooler.

June 17 - No free upgrades from PS4 to PS5
Metro: PS5 will not have equivalent of Xbox Smart Delivery.
Reality: Over 40 PS4 games offer free PS5 upgrades including Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West.

July 16 - Sony won't continue PS4 support
Microsoft: Unlike others, we won’t force you into next-generation.
Sony: We will continue to support PS4 with games such as Horizon: Forbidden west.

August 9 - PS5 will be more expensive
Dusk Golem: PS5 will be more expensive than Xbox Series X.
Sony: PS5 with disc drive is $499 (same as Xbox Series X) while PS5 digital is $399.

August 9 - RE8 runs terribly on PS5
Dusk Golem: Resident Evil: Village runs terribly on PS5 but perfectly on Xbox Series X.
Capcom: Resident Evil: Village will support dynamic 4K with ray tracing on PS5.

August 24 - No ray tracing in WDL on PS5
XboxEra: Watch Dogs Legion may not have ray tracing on PS5.
Ubisoft: Watch Dogs Legion will have ray tracing and run in 4K 30fps on both PS5 and Xbox Series X.

September 15 - PS5 production cut due to issues
Bloomberg: Sony has cut PS5 production for FY2020 by 4 million due to production issues.
Sony: PS5 production number hasn't changed since the start of mass production.

October 5 - No PS4 save data transfer to PS5
Gaming Intel: PS4 game saves apparently won't transfer over to PS5.
Sony: You can transfer save data to a PS5 via PS Plus Cloud Storage, WiFi or USB drive.

October 21 - Paid boost patches for PS4 BC games
Fatal Enigma: Tries to convince his followers that the boost patch for GoT will cost $10.99.
Sucker Punch: GoT is BC on PS5 with improved framerates and load times for free.

October 23 - Digital Foundry won't get a PS5
AveragePhoenix: Sony fears that tech sites will expose issues.
Digital Foundry: Received the PS5 at the same time as all other European reviewers.

October 28 - PS5 has RDNA 1.5
Xbox Wire: Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full RDNA 2 capabilities.
Wccftech: Neither PS5 nor Xbox Series X are off-the-shelf desktop RDNA 2, both are custom RDNA 2.

October 30 - 99% backwards compatibility is a lie
Tom Warren: Uses non-supported Ubisoft games to indicate that Jim Ryan lied about 99% BC.
Digital Foundry: I haven't encountered any problems. These games actually seem to run fine.

November 3 -No HDMI 2.1 cable
GamePro: PS5 doesn't ship with an HDMI 2.1 cable.
Sony: PS5 does ship with an HDMI 2.1 cable.

November 6 - DualSense only lasts 2 hours
Multiplayer.it: DualSense's battery only lasts 2 hours with Astro's Playroom.
Yong Yea: Played for 10h 32m straight, including Astro's Playroom for 1h 42m.

November 7 - PS5's SSD is slower than Xbox Series X's
Brad Sams: Indicates that PS5 will have slower loading times in general.
Digital Foundry: BC test isn't a great way to gauge this, we need to wait for actual next-gen games.

I think you found the source of information of several "neutral users" on VGC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Days gone on PS5. Looks great running at 60FPS.

Deffo going to try this when I get my console

Some more games running on PS5's BC -

God of War

Ghost of Tsushima

hinch said:

Days gone on PS5. Looks great running at 60FPS.

Deffo going to try this when I get my console

For me this game was so underapreciated

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Cool. Will be my first playthrough. Heard some really good things about though generally the game was overlooked by many.

I never got around to playing it on PS5, though with it on PS+ there's no reason not to now.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Some more games running on PS5's BC -

God of War

Ghost of Tsushima

Father of boy, and boy without father.

DonFerrari said:
Replicant said:

In line with MBG's video, it's interesting to see how a lot of the negative PS5 rumors ended up being misleading or downright wrong.

December 27 - No hardware accelerated ray tracing
Komachi Ensaka: PS5 is not using AMD hardware accelerated ray tracing.
Mark Cerny: PS5 is using AMD hardware accelerated ray tracing.

April 2 - PS5 has heating problems
Windows Central: Sony screwed up and rushed PS5. Expect delays and heating problems.
Digital Foundry: PlayStation 5 is larger than Xbox Series X, but it is also cooler.

June 17 - No free upgrades from PS4 to PS5
Metro: PS5 will not have equivalent of Xbox Smart Delivery.
Reality: Over 40 PS4 games offer free PS5 upgrades including Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West.

July 16 - Sony won't continue PS4 support
Microsoft: Unlike others, we won’t force you into next-generation.
Sony: We will continue to support PS4 with games such as Horizon: Forbidden west.

August 9 - PS5 will be more expensive
Dusk Golem: PS5 will be more expensive than Xbox Series X.
Sony: PS5 with disc drive is $499 (same as Xbox Series X) while PS5 digital is $399.

August 9 - RE8 runs terribly on PS5
Dusk Golem: Resident Evil: Village runs terribly on PS5 but perfectly on Xbox Series X.
Capcom: Resident Evil: Village will support dynamic 4K with ray tracing on PS5.

August 24 - No ray tracing in WDL on PS5
XboxEra: Watch Dogs Legion may not have ray tracing on PS5.
Ubisoft: Watch Dogs Legion will have ray tracing and run in 4K 30fps on both PS5 and Xbox Series X.

September 15 - PS5 production cut due to issues
Bloomberg: Sony has cut PS5 production for FY2020 by 4 million due to production issues.
Sony: PS5 production number hasn't changed since the start of mass production.

October 5 - No PS4 save data transfer to PS5
Gaming Intel: PS4 game saves apparently won't transfer over to PS5.
Sony: You can transfer save data to a PS5 via PS Plus Cloud Storage, WiFi or USB drive.

October 21 - Paid boost patches for PS4 BC games
Fatal Enigma: Tries to convince his followers that the boost patch for GoT will cost $10.99.
Sucker Punch: GoT is BC on PS5 with improved framerates and load times for free.

October 23 - Digital Foundry won't get a PS5
AveragePhoenix: Sony fears that tech sites will expose issues.
Digital Foundry: Received the PS5 at the same time as all other European reviewers.

October 28 - PS5 has RDNA 1.5
Xbox Wire: Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full RDNA 2 capabilities.
Wccftech: Neither PS5 nor Xbox Series X are off-the-shelf desktop RDNA 2, both are custom RDNA 2.

October 30 - 99% backwards compatibility is a lie
Tom Warren: Uses non-supported Ubisoft games to indicate that Jim Ryan lied about 99% BC.
Digital Foundry: I haven't encountered any problems. These games actually seem to run fine.

November 3 -No HDMI 2.1 cable
GamePro: PS5 doesn't ship with an HDMI 2.1 cable.
Sony: PS5 does ship with an HDMI 2.1 cable.

November 6 - DualSense only lasts 2 hours
Multiplayer.it: DualSense's battery only lasts 2 hours with Astro's Playroom.
Yong Yea: Played for 10h 32m straight, including Astro's Playroom for 1h 42m.

November 7 - PS5's SSD is slower than Xbox Series X's
Brad Sams: Indicates that PS5 will have slower loading times in general.
Digital Foundry: BC test isn't a great way to gauge this, we need to wait for actual next-gen games.

I think you found the source of information of several "neutral users" on VGC.

Speaking of that, the list is already outdated as it's missing the latest rumor about SIE Japan Studio being doomed. Based on an article from the one and only Bloomberg. The funny thing is that SIE Japan is rumored to be developing a Silent Hill reboot – their biggest title ever....

The outdoor PS5 ads are beginning to show up.

Los Angeles

UK

Dubai

Sydney

You can keep buying games at 50% on PS5 by sharing your account with a friend. The 2 of you can even play the same game at the same time.

Latest news, PS5 enclosed on a small acrylic box gets overheating message... guess we will soon have some concerned fan informing us of it.