By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:

Little update: Upon removing the external Hard Drive, I've had no problems.

IT's too early for a diagnostic analysis, but I removed the external Hard drive, restarted the console, and everything booted up quicker than it has since I got it. Demon's Souls loaded within seconds, I had no crashes, the UI didn't bug out on me. The console worked flawlessly long enough for me to do two areas and two bosses in Demon's Souls. But while I had the hard drive on, just navigating menus was laggy, browsing the PS store gave me 'please wait..we can't find what you're looking for' errors, the 'your collection' and 'installed' tabs of my library were kaput and sometimes just would load, trying to brows the external hard drive in settings -> Storage -> External left me without any sort of visual representation, just a reminder than I'm able to install a hard drive.

Which was weird. it was READING the drive, I could load games from the drive, I just couldn't view it and any attempt I made to do so seemed to temporarily brick it, making me unable to load games from it. As long as I didn't attempt to browse the contents it worked, but slowed the whole system down. I guess no PS4 games for me on my PS5 until they smooth that out or figure out what's wrong. I guess I can get a better external, but I'd rather not have to go that route if I can manage it. That shit's expensive.

Could you try to plug the external, transfer the game you want to play and unplug it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

New software update for PS5. Might iron out a few kinks/problems.https://wccftech.com/new-ps5-system-update/

Jim Ryan won't confirm whether God of War: Ragnarok will be a PS5 exclusive

Can you confirm whether [the previously announced] God of War Ragnorak will be a PS5 exclusive?

“Sorry. I've got nothing to say about that today.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/playstation-ceo-jim-ryan-70-fair-price-ps5-games-launch-line/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jim-ryan-cant-confirm-whether-god-of-war-ragnarok-will-be-a-ps5-exclusive.327887/

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 17 November 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Jim Ryan won't confirm whether God of War: Ragnarok will be a PS5 exclusive

Can you confirm whether [the previously announced] God of War Ragnorak will be a PS5 exclusive?

“Sorry. I've got nothing to say about that today.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/playstation-ceo-jim-ryan-70-fair-price-ps5-games-launch-line/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jim-ryan-cant-confirm-whether-god-of-war-ragnarok-will-be-a-ps5-exclusive.327887/

For me until it is said otherwise I would consider he didn't say anything because it probably is crossgen but he don't want to take the attention from the games currently selling.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

More data for ya:

PS5 has as many exclusive games with 75 or higher (According to metacritic) at launch as Xbox One has had in 4 years.

92 - Demon's Souls
85 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales
83 - Astro's Playroom
82 - The Pathless
78 - Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Average: 84.0

vs Xbox One's:

92 - Forza Horizon 4 (2018)
85 - Forza Motorsport 7 (2017)
84 - Gears 5 (2019)
79 - Halo Wars 2 (2017)
78 - Tell Me Why (2020)

Average: 83.6

Ironically, 4/5 of the Xbox games are that holy trinity, and if you average them out, PS5's launch lineup is better than the past 4 years on Xbox. IT's not a significant difference, but this is interesting to point out to anyone who tries to tell you the PS5's launch lineup is poor.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Got up to the museum in Spider-Man: Remastered. Quality mode looks so good! Ray tracing really takes some areas to the next level. Never bothered enabling it on PC before, but definitely intend to in Cyberpunk now.

BraLoD said:
GoW5 will come for PS4, I can confirm it.It's coming the same year as H2, and GoW4 sold around 20M on PS4.There is no way GoW5 will not come to it after they confirmed H2 will.I hope it doesn't, tho, let the PS4 die and make full use of that SSD.

Other games that release earlier than GoW/HFW or that will release together with it will be PS5 only, so that doesn't prove much. The fact that Jim ran away from the question tells a lot more =p

BraLoD said:
GoW5 will come for PS4, I can confirm it.It's coming the same year as H2, and GoW4 sold around 20M on PS4.There is no way GoW5 will not come to it after they confirmed H2 will.I hope it doesn't, tho, let the PS4 die and make full use of that SSD.

Some people are making a huge deal out of this stuff and I just don't get it. They don't NEED to push PS5's for the next year or so, as they won't be able to keep up with demand regardless. Having games cross gen means that folks who weren't fortunate or rich enough to get a PS5 can still play the great exclusives that sony is releasing. It's a win-win for everyone. 

Who the fuck cares that they 'did a 180' on their statements? That's called intelligent adaptation to the market. This is not a bad thing at all, and in fact is a great thing! People, companies, and entities changing to adapt with the times isn't hypocrisy, it's evolution. Like, jesus some people will say or do anything just to find an excuse to bitch about shit. 

And to be clear, this isn't aimed directly at you, it's a general statement of perception of social media and especially the xbox people here on this forum. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:
twintail said:
BraLoD said:

Wait, so GT7, Returnal,and the new Ratchet are coming to PS4, too? 

?

GT Sport and Ratchet and Clank reboot didn't sell remotely close to Horizon, Spider Man or GoW.

Spider and Horizon are having their games on PS4 too, GoW will follow without a single doubt.

The sales of those games on PS4 are too much to ignore.

GTS is likely nearing 10M, that isn't shabby.

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:
BraLoD said:

Some people are making a huge deal out of this stuff and I just don't get it. They don't NEED to push PS5's for the next year or so, as they won't be able to keep up with demand regardless. Having games cross gen means that folks who weren't fortunate or rich enough to get a PS5 can still play the great exclusives that sony is releasing. It's a win-win for everyone. 

Who the fuck cares that they 'did a 180' on their statements? That's called intelligent adaptation to the market. This is not a bad thing at all, and in fact is a great thing! People, companies, and entities changing to adapt with the times isn't hypocrisy, it's evolution. Like, jesus some people will say or do anything just to find an excuse to bitch about shit. 

And to be clear, this isn't aimed directly at you, it's a general statement of perception of social media and especially the xbox people here on this forum. 

As it was not aimed at me but directed at my post let me make this clear to you too:

I have a PS4 and don't have a PS5 and I would rather preffer if GoW5 comes only for the PS5 as a completely impossible game to run on PS4.

I don't really care if it's cross gen or not, much less what Sony talked about, I just want the game to be the best it possibly can, a trivial matter as I have to get better hardware is nothing compared to what the game will be forever.

I don't mind cross gen games, I just preffer the biggest ones are not so they can be their best.

GoW5 can likely be the BotW case, it probably is, where it was already being built on the previous gen anyway, so release it on both and profit all they can, which means a fully PS5 GoW would not come 2021 anyway, but even so, I also preffer TLoU/GoT case where it releases on the previous gen when its ready and doesn't get delayed to release alongside the next gen version too anyway.

GoW4 was the best game this gen, I just want the next to make no compromisses either so it can be as good as it can.

You seem to be thinking of things in strictly binary terms, which doesn't help anyone. Long story short, a game can be cross-generational and still be the best it can be on PS5 while still being capable of being run on Ps4. Miles morales is a great example. It runs just fine on Ps4, but man it looks, feels, and plays so much better on PS5. 

This 'it can only reach its maximum potential if it's strictly exclusive to PS5' narrative is...bad. It's bad and it's not real and it's not a good representation of the game, the developers, or the audience. Sony even said (and I knew this from the get go but couldn't prove it) that many exclusives that are cross-gen will take advantage of the PS5's unique abilities and options. Nobody's losing anything here by having some games be cross-generational. The devs get more money because their stuff is available to a wider audience, plus all these games get free upgrades to their PS5 versions, the publisher also gets more money and thus can invest more into future games, gamers get two versions of a game if possible, and folks who can't get a PS5 (which is super hard to get right now, virtually impossible without catering to scalpers) still get to play those games. 

I do not understand how an infinitesimally small difference in quality of games between strictly PS5 developed and cross-gen developed games is worth skipping out on literally millions of potential buyers on the existing userbase on the Ps4. Yeah, I wouldn't want ALL games to be cross gen, and I wouldn't want this gen to be ALWAYS compromising like the Xbox Series X/S is doing, but a balance between cross-gen and next-gen exclusives is best for consumers and for the company. I just do not understand for the life of me how people can be so pedantic about a perceived, unproven, potential disparity between versions. You're not the devs, you're not the publishers, you're not the people working on the game, you can't possibly know if the game was compromised by being cross-gen or not. You (and many others) just assume as much because ... reasons I guess? I genuinely don't know what gives you that impression. Nothing I've seen so far indicates that Horizon or Spider-Man or whatever else were compromised due to having PS4 versions out. That's just an unfounded assumption based on an incomplete perspective of the development process. 

And it's unfair to everyone to push that faulty, ill-advised narrative. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX