By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

JRPGfan said:
I actually voted for the Dual Sense... it just appears very premium, and well thought-out.
Everyone that was sent a PS5 early, are basically head over heals in love with it (going by yt videos).

The haptics, and adaptive triggers. Even the improved mic & speaker.... the lightbare.... everything is just better.

I can only currently vouch for the feel and build quality, but in terms of that, it's the overall best controller ever. I can't praise it enough and can't wait for it to come out. I can't wait to feel the haptics and triggers. 

Jaxyfoo said:
That poll just makes you realise how many features you are really looking forward to with the PS5 for sure.

Exactly! The PS5 has so many things about it that make it feel new and fresh, unlike certain competing consoles which are just the same thing all over with more power.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Have been watching some Dualsense unboxings and the classic face button colors missing is really hitting on me...
Minimalistic is not always better, give me the colors back!

The old ones fit

Last edited by Replicant - on 02 November 2020

Moore's Law is dead its a youtuber I have in high regard.
He suggest there is a new Killzone coming.

Also, he said xbox is lying by saying its full rdn2, and said PS5 has rdn3 features in it.
Also said that the teraflops on the Xbox are going to be used for Azure, so they're not allocating full power into games.

What are your thoughts on it? He bashed Microsoft pretty hard

Pibituh said:

Also, he said xbox is lying by saying its full rdn2, and said PS5 has rdn3 features in it.
Also said that the teraflops on the Xbox are going to be used for Azure, so they're not allocating full power into games.

Xbox is probably as close to full rdn2 as is possible in a console, so cant blame them for that one (the PR thingy).
PS5 might have a few customisations, which *might* appear in rdna3, but it isnt rdna3.
Why would there be compute power, locked away ment for usage only for azure? that doesnt make sense.

No idea on killzone, but its a series thats liked by alot too so... sure why not, if true.

JRPGfan said:
Pibituh said:

Xbox is probably as close to full rdn2 as is possible in a console, so cant blame them for that one (the PR thingy).
PS5 might have a few customisations, which *might* appear in rdna3, but it isnt rdna3.
Why would there be compute power, locked away ment for usage only for azure? that doesnt make sense.

No idea on killzone, but its a series thats liked by alot too so... sure why not, if true.

It may be for compression/decompression. But, I don't see CU's being use while playing with no cloud/online/streaming

Around the Network

He said Xbox series X is a server apu meant to be. Don't know what he means by that and because of that it needs more compute unit bandwith for the cloud.

It depends on how you want to look at it. There are is actually a huge RDNA 2 feature omitted from Series S/X like Infinity Cache and possibly Smart Access Memory. Granted the Series X does have a 384-bit memory interface on the Series X on 16GB of its split RAM (10GB fast/6 slow). Xbox has their implementation of VRS and Sony theirs and the same goes for Raytracing.

Granted we are still at the start of this generation, and we won't have devs fully utilizing the Geometry Engine or Xbox's Velocity Engine and DirectML etc things could get very interesting head to heads in upcoming games. Series X has advantages in the architecture for its large number of CU's and 8bit integer for machine learning and RT. PS5's architecture around fast streaming and advanced more programmable culling may prove the console to be way more performant than the initial specs suggests. The VRS in the Geometry Engine is way ahead of desktop VRS according to some sources. I think RedGamingTech said that and Matt Harget (Ex PS Engineer)
https://twitter.com/syke/status/1240748262736269313?lang=en

But yeah people shouldn't just look at 12 and 10 at raw theoretical performance in tflop and call it a day. Both use custom GPU's, If PS5 has infinity cache or a similar name technology they would have the advantage in fast RAM 14 vs 10 RAM for games, for example. Not to mention performance scaling with large shared cache and cache scrubbers.

Last edited by hinch - on 01 November 2020

GhostWire: Tokyo

Replicant said:

GhostWire: Tokyo

Can someone explain Ghostwire Tokyo to me? It sounds interesting but I can't really get hyped for something I know next to nothing about. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

Can someone explain Ghostwire Tokyo to me? It sounds interesting but I can't really get hyped for something I know next to nothing about. 

Okay so... imagine a Hideo Kojima game, yeah? Except this time... it's not made by Hideo Kojima! *dramatic music intensifies*

I mean, like, the gameplay details and all that. I get the vibe, but is it stealth? Walking Sim? Action? myst-style puzzle game? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX