By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "MHW can't be done on Switch." But might make a Switch specific MH game. (Rumor)

You lot probably should just agree to disagree and move on from this point. - It's starting to turn into a mud-slinging match.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
ryuzaki57 said:  Can you give me examples and figures for "all the success stories" on Switch from big 3rd party publishers?

You are a writer and you are not familiar with them?Makes me wonder if you have some sort of bias towards Nintendo.Hmmmmmmm....

Anyway, here is a previous post I wrote:

"Skyrim probably already passed 1 million units sold.Bomberman R too, and if it didnt, its close enough.Other than that, Bethesda has said time and time again that they were really satisfied with Skyrim and Doom sales on the Switch, and Wolf II probably wont be much different in terms of success.Not only that, but they also said that they have more games in store for the system.EA was also really satisfied with FIFA 2018 sales(if we believe VGC numbers, its also getting close to 1 million, if its not there already), so satisfied that they are bringing FIFA 19 over too.Then there is NBA 2K series which while I dont exactly remember them saying anything, they are bring NBA 2K19 so I guess the first game was deemed profitable.And I mean, 1 million is a big number however you see it, and considering the Switch smaller install base, I cant see it not being considered a success.Its just that we dont have many examples of big AAA games on the Switch, but that will probably be fixed over time."

OK, let me recap...

Skyrim probably passed 1m

Bethesda and EA are satisfied

NBA2K you don't remember them saying anything

We don't have many examples of AAA on Switch

So, you didn't provide confirmed figures nor do you have enough examples. You again came up with indies while my question was about traditional 3rd parties. Consequently, there is no evidence of "all the success stories" from big publishers on Switch.



ryuzaki57 said:
Nautilus said:

You are a writer and you are not familiar with them?Makes me wonder if you have some sort of bias towards Nintendo.Hmmmmmmm....

Anyway, here is a previous post I wrote:

"Skyrim probably already passed 1 million units sold.Bomberman R too, and if it didnt, its close enough.Other than that, Bethesda has said time and time again that they were really satisfied with Skyrim and Doom sales on the Switch, and Wolf II probably wont be much different in terms of success.Not only that, but they also said that they have more games in store for the system.EA was also really satisfied with FIFA 2018 sales(if we believe VGC numbers, its also getting close to 1 million, if its not there already), so satisfied that they are bringing FIFA 19 over too.Then there is NBA 2K series which while I dont exactly remember them saying anything, they are bring NBA 2K19 so I guess the first game was deemed profitable.And I mean, 1 million is a big number however you see it, and considering the Switch smaller install base, I cant see it not being considered a success.Its just that we dont have many examples of big AAA games on the Switch, but that will probably be fixed over time."

OK, let me recap...

Skyrim probably passed 1m

Bethesda and EA are satisfied

NBA2K you don't remember them saying anything

We don't have many examples of AAA on Switch

So, you didn't provide confirmed figures nor do you have enough examples. You again came up with indies while my question was about traditional 3rd parties. Consequently, there is no evidence of "all the success stories" from big publishers on Switch.

You either ignore the ones that I did give exact figures, or focus on the tiny details on the ones that were deemed successful not only by the fans and gamers alike, but also by the companies themselves(which is the most official you can get).Not only that, but you also dismiss half of the evidence as "indie", which you make them seem and sound like crap for some reason, and just focus on like the one thing that the Switch is trailing behind compared to the others of the 10 things that the Switch set out to do.

Please, pleaseeeeeeeeee dont stop being yourself.You make this forum so much fun!Honestly, seeing you squirming through the facts and strong indications of the Switch success, either through nitpicking, moving your goals, or simply turning a blind eye to everything that is positive to the Switch, is simply too much fun.And dont worry, Ill be here to make sure you have fun too!



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

ryuzaki57 said:
Nautilus said:

You are a writer and you are not familiar with them?Makes me wonder if you have some sort of bias towards Nintendo.Hmmmmmmm....

Anyway, here is a previous post I wrote:

"Skyrim probably already passed 1 million units sold.Bomberman R too, and if it didnt, its close enough.Other than that, Bethesda has said time and time again that they were really satisfied with Skyrim and Doom sales on the Switch, and Wolf II probably wont be much different in terms of success.Not only that, but they also said that they have more games in store for the system.EA was also really satisfied with FIFA 2018 sales(if we believe VGC numbers, its also getting close to 1 million, if its not there already), so satisfied that they are bringing FIFA 19 over too.Then there is NBA 2K series which while I dont exactly remember them saying anything, they are bring NBA 2K19 so I guess the first game was deemed profitable.And I mean, 1 million is a big number however you see it, and considering the Switch smaller install base, I cant see it not being considered a success.Its just that we dont have many examples of big AAA games on the Switch, but that will probably be fixed over time."

OK, let me recap...

Skyrim probably passed 1m

Bethesda and EA are satisfied

NBA2K you don't remember them saying anything

We don't have many examples of AAA on Switch

So, you didn't provide confirmed figures nor do you have enough examples. You again came up with indies while my question was about traditional 3rd parties. Consequently, there is no evidence of "all the success stories" from big publishers on Switch.

Add up Ys VII to that list. Also Mario + Rabbids (although that can be considered partly first party), Disgaea, Dragon Ball, and more. Overall, no HUGE success, meaning over 2m or something, nevertheless, data suggests that Switch owners buy third party games, at least on a larger scale than the WiiU or Wii eras.



routsounmanman said:
ryuzaki57 said: 

Add up Ys VII to that list. Also Mario + Rabbids (although that can be considered partly first party), Disgaea, Dragon Ball, and more. Overall, no HUGE success, meaning over 2m or something, nevertheless, data suggests that Switch owners buy third party games, at least on a larger scale than the WiiU or Wii eras.

Sorry, are you implying that this random tweet without any source or figure is reliable?

Ys8 Switch sold 5 times less than Vita version and 4 times less than PS4 version in Japan, that's the only confirmed information we have.



Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
routsounmanman said:

Add up Ys VII to that list. Also Mario + Rabbids (although that can be considered partly first party), Disgaea, Dragon Ball, and more. Overall, no HUGE success, meaning over 2m or something, nevertheless, data suggests that Switch owners buy third party games, at least on a larger scale than the WiiU or Wii eras.

Sorry, are you implying that this random tweet without any source or figure is reliable?

Ys8 Switch sold 5 times less than Vita version and 4 times less than PS4 version in Japan, that's the only confirmed information we have.

Especially that guy he swore up and down, switch would have a X2. also hate when people use vgchartz a source of how a game is selling.