By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon Let’s Go VS Super Smash Ultimate - Which will sell more?

Due to the casualness of this game. I'm going to say Pokemon life time will easily beat Smash. This will get long time fans to try it due to wanting to scratch their pokemon itch and also bring in new casual people either from Pokemon Go or just fist timers in general. Smash will only sell to the hardcore fan base only. That's why Pokemon to me has the advantage

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Smash. The Pokemon Go games will be criticised heavily fue to their lack of features, and even casuals will be annoyed by that full price-less things to do combo. Smash will be amazing and will sell amazingly too. The 9th Pokemon gen will outsell both, though.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pokémon in 2018, Smash LT

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:

I could see this happening. Given Smash might also pull a Mario and sell like something 7 million in a month. 

I'm going to say Pokemon Let's Go. It's been attracting a lot of new players, young and even really old, since Pokemon Go. I've talked with many parents that has like a number of kids that all play PoGo together that are all getting Switches and the Let's Go game. Also, possibly, since this the first Pokemon game that you can play as a home console in a long time might also help.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Shikamo said:

I could see this happening. Given Smash might also pull a Mario and sell like something 7 million in a month. 

I can see smash selling 6-7 million in December and Pokemon selling 10-11m by the end of 2018.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Super Smash Bros. because Lets Go is just a spinoff. the spinoff titles perform pretty decently but the main series games are what people really buy. do date, the main series games have become the highest selling game on every platform they get released on.

Pokemon 2018, Smash LT
Pokemon releases earlier and while not an entirely front loaded franchise it is a lot more front loaded than Smash which only has 1 game per console. The Pokemon game on Switch after Lets Go is already announced for 2019.
While I can see Pokemon selling 10m+ LT (maybe even the 15m Pokemon usually gets, i dont think the GO mechanics will hurt it too much considering all the positives it has going for it) I feel like this new Smash will be the best selling in franchise history so it doesnt matter.

Smash.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Ew.  I'd hate to even guess.