By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi Switch “making really good progress”, some updates on it later in 2018.

irstupid said:

Never get why people get so hyped for Yoshi and Kirby as "BIG NINTENDO Games" for the list of releases.

Until the game releases, its always hyped as this game that fills the gap in release. Once its released, when someone retrospectively lists games that came out what month to signify there was no such draught, it is always countered with "Kirby and Yoshi suck and weren't main games"

Example
Person A at start of year: Man switch has an awesome line-up. Splatoon in Mar, Zelda in April, Mario in May, Kirby in June, Yoshi in July, Xenoblade in Aug, ect.
Person A at end of year: Man switch had such a big draught from May to Aug.
Person B: what you talking about, they had Kirby and Yoshi
Person A: Yea, but I don't really care about those games.
Person B: But you bragged about them months ago before release?

Kind of feels like people care more about their console wars list than the actual games sometimes.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I was with Kirby until it came out. 2017 put me on a hype high. 2018 brought me crashing down to reality. I mean, if Yoshi 2019 comes out to glowing reviews, I'll be pleasantly surprised and pick it up. But if it doesn't, I won't be disappointed like I was with Star Allies. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 25 June 2018

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

What Nintendo games do you consider not to be good games?

I said Yoshi Wooly Wolrd is a very good not just a good game and for me personaly one of best 2D platfromers last 10 years alongside Kirby Epic Yarn. I dont see how what what Nintendo games I consider not to be good games has with this talk.

I'm genuinely curious if there are any recent Nintendo games you don't consider good. If you automatically categorize every new Nintendo game as good, then your rating of "good" carries less weight, for the same reason that if IGN started giving every Nintendo game a 10/10 then a 10/10 would no longer carry as much weight.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 June 2018

Pretty much exactly as I wrote in the E3 post. They’re not showing it because they’re making additions that aren’t ready yet - and there’s little point in showing an outdated version of the product... even though what we saw last year was very cool.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ridiculous it is taking so long to make a 2D platformer. I know there is more to the process but it shouldn't take 4 years to make it. Not when we have developers making huge RPGs in that time. I have no reason on why Good Feel can't make Yoshi games on time. Keep them away from making anything grand in scale. It will take them a whole generation before it will come out!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Ridiculous it is taking so long to make a 2D platformer. I know there is more to the process but it shouldn't take 4 years to make it. Not when we have developers making huge RPGs in that time. I have no reason on why Good Feel can't make Yoshi games on time. Keep them away from making anything grand in scale. It will take them a whole generation before it will come out!

I felt like the trailer last year was really uninteresting. I liked the perspective switch, but it felt unclear about how exactly to do it. It just felt like the game was lacking a lot of polish. 

Around the Network

I'm still looking forward to this no matter what. I actually welcome the delay since I have more than enough to play in the meantime. Still nowhere near the end in Xeno2, still nowhere near the end in Skyrim, still collecting moons in SMO, still travelling through Hyrule from time to time, still fighting some matches in Arms and Splatoon 2, enjoying the heck out of Pokemon X and Kid Icarus Uprising on the 3DS, still need to finish Mega Man 9 and 10, trying to finish stage 3 in Ikaruga (boy, it's tough!), and started a new run through the Metroid 2 remake.

Next up will be Inside, Mega Man 11, the Torna chapter from Xeno2, Octopath Traveler, and the Octoling expansion in Splatoon 2. Also, Pokemon Let's Go and Smash are a must.

I can wait.

Hopefully this is the only delay, really looking forward to it, I trust that Good Feel will make justice to the Yoshi series once again just like with Woolly World.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I said Yoshi Wooly Wolrd is a very good not just a good game and for me personaly one of best 2D platfromers last 10 years alongside Kirby Epic Yarn. I dont see how what what Nintendo games I consider not to be good games has with this talk.

I'm genuinely curious if there are any recent Nintendo games you don't consider good. If you automatically categorize every new Nintendo game as good, then your rating of "good" carries less weight, for the same reason that if IGN started giving every Nintendo game a 10/10 then a 10/10 would no longer carry as much weight.

Again, I said Yoshi Wooly World is a very good not just a good game and for me personally one of best 2D platformers last 10 years alongside Kirby Epic Yarn, so I have very high opinion about this game, and strong expectations that Good Feel again deliver very good game.

Second, I don't categorize every new Nintendo game as good I don't even commenting every Nintendo game, but Yoshi Wooly World is really special game. If you want more objective talk about how much good games are, every game that has 75 or higher average review score fail into good game category, but Yoshi Woolly World is definitely underrated game if we talk about reviews, its even intresting thats only one of few Nintendo games last few years that has much higher user score compared to review score.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/yoshis-woolly-world

Also recently there was quite talk about Wolly World on Resetera, plenty of people very liked game.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-nintendo-cant-do-again-a-yoshi-island-like-the-snes-gba-one.36146/

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 26 June 2018

killeryoshis said:

4 years?

Development would have started in late 2016 after Miitopia, the Wooly World port, and the Fall 2016 3DS streetpass games. Closer to 2.5 years which is fairly typical for 2D platformers.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.