By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi Switch “making really good progress”, some updates on it later in 2018.

If it was making good progress, it would have been out this year. It's just a 2D platformer.

@AngryLittleAlchemist

Yeah, I don't care about Yoshi 2019. Whooly World got average reviews, and I don't have the time or money to buy and play all the average games in existence.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
If it was making good progress, it would have been out this year. It's just a 2D platformer.

@AngryLittleAlchemist

Yeah, I don't care about Yoshi 2019. Whooly World got average reviews, and I don't have the time or money to buy and play all the average games in existence.

Your sig is um....nevermind

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

@AngryLittleAlchemist

Your sig is um....nevermind

It is very interesting 

Geez guys, you know, I was recommended by pretty much everyone I've spoken to that Lost Odyssey is a must-play JRPG, but unfortunately Metacritic only gave it a 78/100 making it an objectively average game. If it just had that two extra metascore...

Shaunodon said:

Geez guys, you know, I was recommended by pretty much everyone I've spoken to that Lost Odyssey is a must-play JRPG, but unfortunately Metacritic only gave it a 78/100 making it an objectively average game. If it just had that two extra metascore...

There's no such thing as objectively average. If you played and liked that game, then more power to you. If I saw that game on somebody else's shelf, I'd give them a thumbs up. Why? Because  it's a respectable game, or so I would assume based on what reviewers have written about it.

Yes, choosing whether or not to buy a game based on a single point or two can seem silly. But I have to draw a line somewhere, or else my massive backlog grows at a pace that is impossible for me to ever make a dent in it. Truth be told, I wish I had the time and money for all these games. But I'm an adult, with responsibilities, and a social life. I just don't have that kind of time anymore, and have to be picky about what I choose to buy. Sometimes to a fault. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Shaunodon said:

There's no such thing as objectively average. If you played and liked that game, then more power to you. If I saw that game on somebody else's shelf, I'd give them a thumbs up. Why? Because  it's a respectable game, or so I would assume based on what reviewers have written about it.

Yes, choosing whether or not to buy a game based on a single point or two can seem silly. But I have to draw a line somewhere, or else my massive backlog grows at a pace that is impossible for me to ever make a dent in it. Truth be told, I wish I had the time and money for all these games. But I'm an adult, with responsibilities, and a social life. I just don't have that kind of time anymore, and have to be picky about what I choose to buy. Sometimes to a fault. 

Review scores are there to guide you, not to make decisions for you. It doesn't take a lot of effort to say a game that's just under what you'd usually play, but is getting a lot of positive feedback from users might be worth playing.

I was really disappointed not to see this at E3. Probably the game I'm looking forward to the most. Love Yoshi's Island and Woolly's World (and, to a lesser extent, Story and New Island), so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too.

Still holding out hope this got retooled into a proper 3D platformer. Would have so much more potential. But I doubt it.

Words are cheap.

Never get why people get so hyped for Yoshi and Kirby as "BIG NINTENDO Games" for the list of releases.

Until the game releases, its always hyped as this game that fills the gap in release. Once its released, when someone retrospectively lists games that came out what month to signify there was no such draught, it is always countered with "Kirby and Yoshi suck and weren't main games"

Example
Person A at start of year: Man switch has an awesome line-up. Splatoon in Mar, Zelda in April, Mario in May, Kirby in June, Yoshi in July, Xenoblade in Aug, ect.
Person A at end of year: Man switch had such a big draught from May to Aug.
Person B: what you talking about, they had Kirby and Yoshi
Person A: Yea, but I don't really care about those games.
Person B: But you bragged about them months ago before release?

Kind of feels like people care more about their console wars list than the actual games sometimes.