By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi Switch “making really good progress”, some updates on it later in 2018.

Entirely possible the game is completed but being held back because the first quarter or first half of next year is quiet - I suspect it's going to be mid-2019 before the release slate from Nintendo picks up again and we begin to see major EPD titles in addition to games from their subsidiaries and partners. Hopefully Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Yoshi and Daemon X Machina are all coming in the first half of 2019 along with some other announcements.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Thats good and all.... but still no Pikmin update.......

The ugly ass casual Hey Pikmin game is Pikmin 4. Move on.

Jranation said:

Well Pikmin 4 was never official showed or even announced, its just confirmed through interviews, while Yoshi is games thats showed last E3 and it was on track to be released this year, so quite difrent things.

HintHRO said: 
Jranation said: 

The ugly ass casual Hey Pikmin game is Pikmin 4. Move on.

No its not, it confirmed that Hey Pikmin! is not Pikmin 4 game.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/fret_not_pikmin_4_is_still_progressing

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

That's not saying much, Yoshi's Island is the only good Yoshi game.

Again disagree, Yoshi Woolly World is very good game

What Nintendo games do you consider not to be good games?

really curious to see more of the next yoshi game, maybe at tokio game show

Around the Network

Q1 for switch will be a New Super Mario Bros U port, Yoshi Switch, and Fire Emblem

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again disagree, Yoshi Woolly World is very good game

What Nintendo games do you consider not to be good games?

I said Yoshi Wooly Wolrd is a very good not just a good game and for me personaly one of best 2D platfromers last 10 years alongside Kirby Epic Yarn. I dont see how what what Nintendo games I consider not to be good games has with this talk.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 25 June 2018

Obviously it's not making good progress if it was delyed. I wonder if they seriously weren't gonna allow you to flip the level in singleplayer.

Good to hear, really excited for this one.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Woolly World was made in 2.5-3 years not 4-5 years, also they had some other projects in same time period.

But what is far more important than deadline is actual product at end, and past 2D platforms they devolped like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World were very good games (personaly for me they are one of best 2D platformers last 10 years), and I dont have any doubt that this new Yoshi will also be very good game.

Woolly World looked pretty but gameplay wise it was mediocre as room temperature milk. There were one or two cleverly designed levels but most of it was bland levels padded out with boring collectibles.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Obviously it's not making good progress if it was delyed. I wonder if they seriously weren't gonna allow you to flip the level in singleplayer.

I see what you did there.